Allan, Taylor and Morgan

Ardgowan_Bear

Players that the filth signed mainly due to thinking it was players that we'd be after?
None have had a run in their team, so seemed strange that they put so much effort into signing them.
All grew up Rangers fan (as far as I'm aware)
Imho...none other than Allan (at that time) would have improved us.

Just a thought, is this something Lawwell would do?

...and trying to get to x250 posts

Taylor is the one that surprised me most. A player that excelled in a defensive Killie team. Was never suited to a Rangers or Celtic side but they spent a good bit on him.

I believe Allan would have made a difference to our team before signing for them but would be no where near on his current form and with our current squad.

They were all the best young players in their side, lazy scouting from the tims. Doesn’t mean they’re at the standard required to play for us or them.

Scott Allan was purely down to ego and taking him so we couldn't have him while in the process trying to help hibs get promoted over us. The other two were just down to them rating the players

Taylor could still perhaps play a part for them, but the other two should be a warning sign for young Scottish players that they’ll be signed purely to make up the numbers.

Reactions: WBD
Hope they continue to spend money on transfer fees and wages on players who rot in their squad.

Also hope it opens the eyes of those whose heads are turned by them, as to the treatment of players.

Taylor is the one that surprised me most. A player that excelled in a defensive Killie team. Was never suited to a Rangers or Celtic side but they spent a good bit on him.
They are turning on him already after the Partick game

Players that the filth signed mainly due to thinking it was players that we'd be after?
None have had a run in their team, so seemed strange that they put so much effort into signing them.
All grew up Rangers fan (as far as I'm aware)
Imho...none other than Allan (at that time) would have improved us.

Just a thought, is this something Lawwell would do?

...and trying to get to x250 posts
Scott Allan is a good player but a mixed up guy,he had his chance and fucked it big time.

Allan was signed by Lawwell.

Rangers met Scott Allan in a car park while Celtic wined and dined him and had Scott Brown do they whole “I grew up a Rangers fan and look at me now” routine. Rangers were quite amateur in how we went about the signing - thankfully those days are behind us. A lot of Allan’s friends advised him against it but he was concerned about not playing for a season. Allan realised pretty soon it was a mistake and it wasn’t a football signing as he languished in the reserves.

None of them are good enough to get near our team
I agree, but would the tims have signed them just to stop us doing so? Perhaps they heard we were looking at them?
Obviously was the case with Allan, and possibly with Taylor.
Not sure we'd have been after Morgan

Scott Allan was purely down to ego and taking him so we couldn't have him while in the process trying to help hibs get promoted over us. The other two were just down to them rating the players

The Allan signing was a disgrace on both Hibs and Celtics part. We were going to walk the Championship that season with our without Allan, the way Hibs acted during that transfer saga ultimately ruined his career.

Did us a favour on all three really. I do think Allan had the ability to improve our team at the time but doubt he had the attitude, he never grasped the chance to improve with them, so doubt he would have with us. His career is one big missed opportunity.

Out of all of them, you can only point to Allan as it properly ruining his career. He's spent the prime of his career (mid to late 20's) playing for their reserves for 4 years before ending back up where he was at the start, missing out on playing time.

His amount of appearances in professional football for someone on the edge of 30 is ridiculous. Goldson is probably just under half of them over the last two seasons and we're in January.

Get it up him.

I sometimes wonder what is & isn't all mind games. Remember the tit Glen Loovens was supposed to be on our radar & then when they got him folk were saying they got given dodgy info to throw them off the trail of real targets.

Unless you're involved then it's chinese whispers IMO.

Totally agree that none of these 3 would improve our 11.

Main point is...would Lawell sign them just so we wouldn't...

Allan would have been a really good signing at the time, not so much now, although he still has the ability. The other two wouldn’t get on the bench for us now, such is the position we’re in.

Allan was signed by Lawwell.

Rangers met Scott Allan in a car park while Celtic wined and dined him and had Scott Brown do they whole “I grew up a Rangers fan and look at me now” routine. Rangers were quite amateur in how we went about the signing - thankfully those days are behind us. A lot of Allan’s friends advised him against it but he was concerned about not playing for a season. Allan realised pretty soon it was a mistake and it wasn’t a football signing as he languished in the reserves.
But Hibs were refusing to deal with us in the first place.

Out of all of them, you can only point to Allan as it properly ruining his career. He's spent the prime of his career (mid to late 20's) playing for their reserves for 4 years before ending back up where he was at the start, missing out on playing time.

His amount of appearances in professional football for someone on the edge of 30 is ridiculous. Goldson is probably just under half of them over the last two seasons and we're in January.

Get it up him.

Probaley end up going the same way as Riordan and O'Connor make millions and blow it all

I wanted Allan at the time but don't think he would have made a difference in hindsight. He has never kicked on. I was never that impressed with the other two either. Happy Celtic wasted money signing them.

I sometimes wonder what is & isn't all mind games. Remember the tit Glen Loovens was supposed to be on our radar & then when they got him folk were saying they got given dodgy info to throw them off the trail of real targets.

Unless you're involved then it's chinese whispers IMO.
Both were linked with Loovens, probably down to agents trying to play one off against the other. I don't think we were remotely interested.

We signed Madjid Bougherra instead so any mind games on our part worked a treat.

At the time Allan would have been a good signing for the team. However like a few moves in his career it never worked at all.

Still surprised at the money they paid for Taylor TBH.

Definitely think they believed we were after each of those guys and they then thought they were getting one over us each time they signed them. They have previous aswell, remember us being linked with dross like Loovens and Samaras and them then going all out for them. It probably only really worked for them once IMO with Kris Commons being the only 1 that really done awrite

Filth love spunking 1-3mil on bang average players to sit in their reserves. Must have cost them a fortune over the last decade.

Both were linked with Loovens, probably down to agents trying to play one off against the other. I don't think we were remotely interested.

We signed Madjid Bougherra instead so any mind games on our part worked a treat.
Ah it was Boughie! I couldn't remember who it was we did sign at the time. All I could remember was they were way better than Loovens (wouldn't have been difficult mind).

That’s a lot of money wasted to keep players away from us. Must have had an effect on this massive pot of money we kept hearing they’d dip into if we got close. Now they’re signing folk nobody has heard of, delightful

Back