Deal for doc in doubt

There's a player in there but we'd struggle to give him game time, just no way that he's going to force his way in to the starting 11.

it's a weird one dont think doc would be to keen to be loaned out again.he done it the right way when he went to Shrewsbury he might think he deserves more of a chance hate to say it but it doesn't look to good for him making it with us

Not the only one wanting him to be a success here but clearly he ain't gonna get chance to at the moment

he has the fitness and drive to succeed as rangers ,just wonder if he has the skill set to be honest

Decent player but not as good as we have and in all honesty probably not going to be good enough for us

Would like to see him on loan for the rest of the season and to be given another chance next pre season. Don't want to sell him just yet.

4LHAD tweeted this

Charlton have launched a bid to get Greg Docherty on loan for rest of season

Sunderland and Rangers have thus far failed to agree any deal after disagreement on loan payments

Rangers hope to get the player out playing asap - Various clubs interested again

Ideally you'd want to send him on loan to an SPFL club however I'd imagine the Clubs down south can pay more if not all of his salary.

As other have said , he need to play to develop his game. His weakest aspect is his forward passing. He needs to play in his preferred position and work on improving . Good luck whatever happens

still say we should keep Doc, need more midifielders, long season and still in Europe, I think he is actually a good player and just needs some game time.

He cannae be. The manager and coaches watch him every day and he never makes a squad. Reckon he has a first touch like a trampoline. These training games are full pelt and reckon Doc does not show up very well.

He must be on a decent wage if clubs up here are not even attempting to get the move.

Hopefully we can come to an agreement with some club for our sake and his sake he needs games.

That’s a pity. Sunderland would be a decent platform for him to get some game time. Decent crowds and the expectation of winning.

It’s reached the point both parties should be looking at a permanent deal as its abundantly clear Gerrard doesn’t think he’s good enough to cement a first team berth . We are going to end up in a situation where he’s loaned out to different clubs until the end of his contract only to leave for free anyway .

He’s not good enough to have a future with us, he’s 24 this year not 17. He hasn’t had a run of games to show what he can do but I suspect he’s not shown enough in training to deserve starts. If Gerrard and Gary Mac don’t rate you as a midfielder then you aint got it.

ps - I met him when he signed, got a pic and he signed a rangers medal for me so I really hope he turns it around and becomes a legend. Just don’t see it.

Back