Concerts at Ibrox

Would love to have seen U2 bring The Joshua Tree Tour to Ibrox.

Hopefully they tour the 30th Anniversary of Achtung Baby next year

"Its great to be back in Rangers country".
Jon Bon Jovi 2003

My only gig at Ibrox, been to over 10 at Hampden. The sound at Ibrox is far better.

Haven’t heard of a concert at Ibrox for a long time, would personally love to see/hear a rock band use it.

Good source of income as long as it didn’t affect the grass.

does the road inside Ibrox ever get used as I’ve only ever seen it used for the Steven Gerrard press conference ?

No issue. Extra revenue is great. Providing there is no issues with the pitch, etc.

Seen Bryan Adams there years ago. Was decent. or was it Bon Jovi. Cant remember. I was only 10!

Think it was bon jovi mate as I remembered my cousin going to it

Hampden's not even good for football, never mind a concert. I saw Paul McCartney there in 2010 and the view wasn't the best. Ibrox would be so much better.

Looking at the Millennium stadium which was built only a few years after Hampden, it really is a joke what we've ended up with.
Seen an article ages ago about doing what Stuttgart did with their running track afflicted stadium and how they improved it massively and increased capacity at the same time. I'd like to see that done for Hampden because I like it as a marker of Scottish football history if nothing else and also the idea of having a national stadium, but it doesn't sort out the other problems it has. Just another antique calamity that Scottish Football really does flourish in.

Reactions: ao2
Looking at the Millennium stadium which was built only a few years after Hampden, it really is a joke what we've ended up with.
Seen an article ages ago about doing what Stuttgart did with their running track afflicted stadium and how they improved it massively and increased capacity at the same time. I'd like to see that done for Hampden because I like it as a marker of Scottish football history if nothing else and also the idea of having a national stadium, but it doesn't sort out the other problems it has. Just another antique calamity that Scottish Football really does flourish in.
I’d assume that would cost loads more to build though

Having ran events companies in the past, it’s not so much as having the capacity to do so but working around the football calendar of a premiership team. I explored the option with rugby park and, although they’re ideal venues, it’s very difficult to manage the calendars of clubs and the acts.

Ibrox for gigs would be far superior to Hampden. For a start there is better infastructure, easier access via subway.

The acoustics have also been sh*t at Hampden, as long as the pitch is fine i can't see the problem with extra cash coming in

What’s people’s thoughts on rangers hosting gigs?

move always thought that Hampden wasn’t the best set up as whenever I’ve been to one at Hampden I feel like your a mile away from the stage.
Mate was at Paul carrack at the armadillo last night,give me small venues anytime,mind you he would sound fucking awesome in a garden shed!

Saw Springsteen at Bramell Lane and at Hamden also was at live aid in the old Wembley
I love a good stadium gig and Ibrox would be magic

Hampden's not even good for football, never mind a concert. I saw Paul McCartney there in 2010 and the view wasn't the best. Ibrox would be so much better.
I saw Bruce Springsteen at Hampden it was a good concert but not a great venue.

Reactions: ao2
Hearts held a classical concert last summer and their pitch was a mess afterwards. There appeared to be a huge square of dead grass.

Hampden is shite for gigs , would be up for Ibrox being used if the pitch doesn't get destroyed

QUOTE="Kieranrfc, post: 5116133, member: 16262"]
Was in the stalls for jack Whitehall and they’re was only one bathroom for guys that could hold about 8 people lol
[/QUOTE]
Was that in the garden shed?

Would love to see one of my favourite bands at Ibrox. As long as the pitch was properly looked after, of course.

Bono late 90's early 00's "right now we are like man utd but we strive to be celtic " when he was asked to compare u2 to a football team. He can go feck himself
Link that chunt with the sun,Biased Bigoted Corrupt Schotland,the SNP and wee burnie how any good blue nose can like that man astounds me...but suppose we all allowed our freedom of choice!

I think it's a great idea as long as we protect the pitch. I assume that the rise of outdoor concerts like bellahouston and Glasgow green superseded the stadiums being used as I can't remember any gigs other than hampden for a good few years.

I was at the Springsteen gig a few years ago at hampden and I wasn't overly impressed with the sound.

Protecting the pitch is easy. I’ve said it for a while we need to see Ibrox as an events arena rather than a football stadium. There’s money to be made. The summer sessions at bellahouston Park could be hosted there

Link that chunt with the sun,Biased Bigoted Corrupt Schotland,the SNP and wee burnie how any good blue nose can like that man astounds me...but suppose we all allowed our freedom of choice!
Ill be honest, was a huge fan up to the Joshua tree. Eventually couldn't listen to the sanctimonious prick banging on about helping the world while dodging his tax payments.

I can’t see the attraction of going to a massive concert. Thankfully I saw all the acts I wanted to at much smaller venues.
Just said that earlier mate was at Paul carrack in the armadillo last night ,great sound,small venues fir me anytime !

Latest posts

Back