Andy Firth New Deal

This guy must have the easiest job in the world lol. He cant be getting much per week, surely.

He’s most likely on a very small wage and seems to be perfectly happy being 3rd choice. I’m sure I read he also does some coaching at the club so if true then fair play to him.

Good value on social media after games when he posts things like ‘Another tough European win! Proud of the performance’ as if he’s been the one playing and he’s not even been near the 18.

Was surprised to see this but a sensible move with Wes probably leaving at the end of the season and gives time to further develop Robbie McCrorrie.

I've heard he's coaching as well as a back up to our back up. I hope so anyway or it's a bit pointless - kind of rules out any progression for youth keepers.

He must be on a really low wage. Happy to be here and learning from McGregor and Wes on a daily basis can’t be a bad thing.

Unless Firth stays third choice with Robby McCrorie stepping in for Wes as backup keeper next season and learn off McGregor for a year.

He's basically a training keeper and cover, on a low wage and by all accounts is a great guy to have around as well as a qualified coach. You only have to see his celebration against the tims to see what he's about.

I've heard he's coaching as well as a back up to our back up. I hope so anyway or it's a bit pointless - kind of rules out any progression for youth keepers.
It's the exact opposite - it means our young keepers can go out on loan and play games. Not sure how they would progress in the Andy Firth role??

My first thought. He’ll be 2nd choice.
No chance. They'll bring in a no. 2 or promote McRorie. Firth is happy at Rangers, gets to every game as 3rd choice, sits in dugout and takes messages or food to McGregor. He'll be on buttons and probably brightens up the place with his happiness.

No chance. They'll bring in a no. 2 or promote McRorie. Firth is happy at Rangers, gets to every game as 3rd choice, sits in dugout and takes messages or food to McGregor. He'll be on buttons and probably brightens up the place with his happiness.

I’d love a job like that. Getting paid as well :))

from interviews on podcasts he’s been on he seems to be the kinda player that will make a career being 3rd choice at big clubs. Seems to be sensible and trains well, no problem with him being kept in that role than bring anyone else in to do the same job

Has he had any game time at all?

I've seen him name as sub st a few games but don't ever recall seeing him play.

Ideal scenario to have a goalie who doesn’t mind being 3rd choice and clearly has a passion for the club. Add into the mix he’s obviously a popular character in the squad and I will also be entertained on Instagram for another year.

Back