Robby McCrorie to Livingston on loan

Good loan move for young Robby more experience at a higher level now . I think he could be our back up goalkeeper next season.

There was a good article in The Athletic on Robby. Suggested that he was longer term but would need another loan first to make the necessary step up to be our first choice of the future. I assumed that it would be a loan to a Premier League team next season however if this is true then perhaps he is ahead of schedule.

It’s a good move if he is going there to be first choice. If he isn’t he would be better off where he is. Hopefully gets game time to show what he can do, especially if Wes is leaving

Excellent news.

He’s starting to really push on now.

Three years from now we will have three, maybe four, first team regulars who’ve come through from the academy.

Big move for him hopefully gets him plenty of experience to come back to us

its a good idea to get him ready to replace fod, then when fod goes we have our 3 and work on bringing Robby through to start replacing Shagger whilst we start to train up and loan out young Lewis etc

Is he not on contract to Queen of the South (for whom he has played 20 league games this season) until the end of May?

Gets him the big game experience he needs. Same thinh happened to McGregor in his earlier days and that turned out not too shabby.

A nice step up for him assuming he’s going there to play. I reckon McGregor has at least 2 more seasons in him so plenty of time for McCrorie to develop.

Good move and step up for him. Continues to be challenged by higher quality strikers.
Kind of mirrors Macgregor’s pathway to the 1st team.

Is he not on contract to Queen of the South (for whom he has played 20 league games this season) until the end of May?

I wondered about that too. Have Queen s agreed to ending the loan period early ? It would seem strange from their point of view as he has been playing really well there.

Good move for him. Playing against a higher calibre of player and really test himself, itll stand him in good stead for if / when he gets his chance at Ibrox.

Exactly what he needs - and gives us an idea of what the future holds for him.
Take your chance young man - i hope you fucking smash it.

Liam Kelly seemed to accelerate his development substantially at Livingston so hopefully we see the same with McCrorie and see him taking #1 in the next few seasons.

Great move, hope he shows he can hack the higher level. Depending on what happens pre season he may end up backup to shagger next year.

Back