Morelos would be ideal replacement for Suarez at Barcelona says Jorge Luis Pinto

Craigie

The mhedia aren't half keen on getting shot of our best players this season.

BARCELONA should buy Rangers star Alfredo Morelos as the ideal replacement for injured Luis Suarez, according to Colombia's most decorated manager Jorge Luis Pinto.

Morelos is currently suspended after his Old Firm sending off last month and has netted 28 goals for club and country in all competitions this season

Ibrox manager Steven Gerrard has insisted there is no chance they will sell their talisman this transfer window.

But former Colombia, Costa Rica, Honduras and current Millonarios manager Pinto reckons his countryman should be heading to the Nou Camp.

Barca are on the look-out for a new striker after ex-Liverpool ace Suarez was ruled out for the rest of the season with a serious knee injury.

And the La Liga giants should target Morelos as the ideal striker to replace him, according to Pinto, who led Costa Rica to the quarter finals of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and has managed
teams in Peru, Ecuador and Venezuela as well as in his Colombian homeland.

Pinto said: "Alfredo Morelos would be the ideal striker to replace Luis Suarez for me.

"Why not? His performances in the last year certainly suggests that he could replace him. He has been a battering ram at Rangers.

"I've got huge admiration for what Alfredo has achieved so far in European football and he's still young."

from scottish sun

Its plain and simple here!! The mhedia hate him because he is blasting in goals for Rangers at a rate not seen in years at our club! They are shitting themselves at the fact we are challenging their beloved filth and could and will return to the top of the lge!! Its all a tactic to pander to the 19th Century Terrorist masses who are already in turmoil. Let it roll we are loving it. :)):)

He is going to go at some point and to be mentioned for Barcelona must put his price up.

The media are trying to sell our whole squad! Not even a quote from the club involved. still £50m and I would reluctantly let him go in the summer.

If half of this stuff being reported is true then it can only be a good thing. It increases Alfie's exposure and hopefully his value. We know his future will eventually lie elsewhere and we need to cash in when he does go.

Which club is he going to be “linked” to next? The project to unsettle him is ongoing.

It's amazing (it's not really) how the papers can turn someone's opinion into a news story about a possible transfer when that person has no connection to either club.

Still, as I said on another thread, it makes a nice change to be linked to teams from Serie A, La Liga than Championship/Lower EPL.

I'd be devastated to see him go but he is destined for amazing things and he's done well for us. Get your medal first wee man and then go with the best wishes of the best fans on Earth

Let's look at this differently.

When Alfie goes, we want him to go the best team in the best league possible. We'll get a massive transfer fee, and the player gets the career opportunity he more than deserves.

The knock on effect for this would surely be that other young players would look at us as a place where your career can be brought on massively - you get experience of playing in front of full houses, a demanding fanbase and european action. It would demonstrate that playing in the Scottish League is no impediment to hitting the heights for your next move.

The effort to unsettle Alfie really is stepping up. It won't work though, he won't allow it and neither will the manager.

The difference between Rangers transfer speculation and the beasts is it contains actual quotes, not made up prices and valuations.

Folk on here usually complain that the media never talk our players up.
Correct. Some people will find a reason to complain regardless. I highly doubt Colombia's most decorated manager praising Alfredo and saying he could do a job at Barcelona is going to have a negative effect on his season somehow.

It’s important to remember that Barca have shown no interest.
An ex manager has said they should.

If Walter was in the press saying we should sign someone it doesn’t mean we will

Back