A Bit Worried about Midfield

Camby loyalist

Now before the usual lot shout me down, hear me out! Now if Docherty goes on loan which looks very likely I feel we are an injury or suspension from very limited in Midfield, if anything happens to Jack Kamara or Davis we are fecked. Davis can't play every single game also suspensions as the season goes on. I think we need one or two in?

Thoughts??

Now before the usual lot shout me down, hear me out! Now if Docherty goes on loan which looks very likely I feel we are an injury or suspension from very limited in Midfield, if anything happens to Jack Kamara or Davis we are fecked. Davis can't play every single game also suspensions as the season goes on. I think we need one or two in?

Thoughts??
I do have to agree with you,we seem to be a bit light in the midfield dept

Yep, I agree we're a bit light in that area. Arfield and Aribo can drop in there but Aribo is much better further forward.

Arfield as well for those positions.

But I agree we need one more or there is a significant drop in quality.

Aribo and Arfield are the obvious answers. We’ve had injuries in these positions in the first half of the season and Doc was never anywhere near it.

I agree to an extent although Arfield and Aribo could cover there if needed

It does seem a bit light with King leaving and now Doc probably heading out on loan

If any of the main 3 are out Arfield will replace them. And if needs be Aribo can drop back one

After that we have back up players like Halliday and Polster who can play there and even Edmundson in a defensive mid role if necessary

I would only bring someone in if he would improve the first eleven and I doubt we'll get that this window

Aribo and Arfield provide adequate back-up with one of the wingers taking Aribo's place if he needs moved in.

More worried about the striking position, we have Defoe only for St Midden the Hearts with Alfie suspended and Stewart injured.
If Defoe gets a knock tomorrow night we are struggling for the Hearts game.

Docherty hasn’t been on the bench once in the league this season I don’t think so shouldn’t really be an issue apart from a disaster event.

I agree to an extent although I think it will be difficult to get anyone of quality in knowing they’re 5th choice.

Aribo, Arfield and Polster can cover, possibly Edmundson if desperate. Would like someone in though

Airfield is good enough for most games imo, if needs must Edmundson, Polster & Haliday could fill in but that kind of gives me the fear

If any of the main 3 are out Arfield will replace them. And if needs be Aribo can drop back one

After that we have back up players like Halliday and Polster who can play there and even Edmundson in a defensive mid role if necessary

I would only bring someone in if he would improve the first eleven and I doubt we'll get that this window

Exactly

Unless they can improve us there or at least compete for the jersey - then we have a few that can cover.

Thoughts??

The simple fact of the matter is that Docherty and any others who have left were struggling to even make the match-day squad or the bench, let alone get time on the pitch. Their departure hasn't made a jot of difference because none of them were in Gerrard's thinking in any case.

We have three midfield positions and five who can play them to a high level. Arfield, Aribo, Davis, Jack, Kamara. They don't get injuries much and if we bring someone in will the displace any of them? Or do we need a 6th choice central midfielder? I'm not sure.

Gerrard clearly doesnt rate Docherty so i think he is irrelevant. Yes we may need a back up but he would have edmundson and polster in there ahead of Docs (as he has done already) and even Halliday would be ahead of Docherty. The King loan was for this but never worked out.

I'm not so concerned about midfield as its 3 from Jack, Davis, Kamarra, Aribo or Arfield
Forward is the main concern as the only players who look capable of doing the business are buff, Defoe and Kent, Greg Stewart to a certain extent
If anything happens to those 3 we could drop points

King from Leicester was signed on loan for this, no game time so went, Plenty of cover with utility players. Another striker I think

I can't agree with this at all. Nonsense
What's nonsense about it? I'm not saying Doc would come in but I would much rather have him in midfield than Halliday and poster. Edmunds on can come of the bench and shore things up but I wouldn't be confident with him getting a run of games in Midfield.

There is no point in bringing anyone in.
It will just be like when king was here.
He didn't get a game because he wasn't as good as the midfield we already have.
A waste of time and money bringing someone in and they just stay on the bench.

Docherty’s time at Rangers is over. I can see us maybe getting one other in on loan.

I think we have adequate cover for the midfield 3. We had King with loads of experience and he couldn't break into our midfield, Docherty clearly isn't rated so would be best out on loan to earn himself a move to play first team football

Aribo, Arfield, Polster, Halliday, Edmundson
Halliday isn’t good enough in midfield. Edmundson has had one 20 minute cameo there and Polster can’t be much more. Arfield blows hot and cold. I’d want one more in, preferably someone with a decent shot on them.

Thoughts??

I understand your concerns Camby loyalist, and it certainly is a long second half of the season when a build up of games, poor weather conditions, injuries and suspensions could leave us short in certain areas of the team.
As we rely so heavily on quality in midfield I worry about bringing in some of the names mentioned above as I think players like Halliday, Polster and Edmundson would leave us very vulnerable in the system we play.
Saying that, I am certain that all decisions have been carefully considered and look forward to seeing how we meet the challenges this season throws at us.... and I have a sneaky suspicion that we may see a new face coming in that makes some of these decisions more clear.

I think we have adequate cover for the midfield 3. We had King with loads of experience and he couldn't break into our midfield, Docherty clearly isn't rated so would be best out on loan to earn himself a move to play first team football

I doubt King’s experience was relevant. Far more likely he didn’t have the legs for what was required.

If Gerrard and the rest of his team agree on it then i would go with it. They watch them every day and am sure they wont leave themselves short of cover.

They will have a plan. As Big Marv said keep believing lol.

No worries about midfield unless there was the worst sequence of events possible...but the strikeforce? That’s where we need an addition.

Would like to see players in the youth team used as cover, no point in signing someone that will only figure for a game or two.

Not sure which midfielders are left in the youth squad though I think Cammy Palmer's loan might be finished. Kelly looks good but I reckon he's still on loan, Barjonas has gone on loan.

Back