It's a title race

Numans_Left_Peg

We were not at our fluid best tonight, first league game after the break.

First game back to our 'strongest' available 11.

Missing our captain and huge creative force, missing our main man up front.

It is indeed a title race, and a position we have not been in for the better part of a decade.

I want, we all want a performance, but if it means 55 then 3 points is all that matters each fixture.

It's coming home.

Probably fortunate to be playing a poor St Mirren side. Could’ve been a slip up if it were against a team with some more quality.

The game tonight was always going to be a bore fest. St Mirren with 10 men behind the ball as expected and to be fair you cant blame them. We got the 3 points and thats all that matters just now.

Alfie completely changes the way we play, absolutely no offence to Defoe but Alfie up top and we are a totally different team.

It is also nights like this when Tav doubters should take stock of what he offers us.

Still, 3 points is all that matters.

I will take turgid football from now until May if it means I'm doing the bouncy in George square.

2 games back, 2 "low-block's", 2 wins and two sluggish performances.

Sunday is all that matters. Let's hope we're "at it" by then.

Still missing 2 of our most influential players.

Reminded me a bit of those types of performances we had under Walter - tough watch but get the three points and onto the next game.

Exactly what it was like. Great point.

As a support have not had this position for far too long.

It wasnt always free flowing 3 and 4 goal romps with Walter.

However, we got the 3 points week in week out.

The 3 points were the most important thing to secure tonight. Reading the match day thread, it didn't sound pretty, but 3 points is 3 points.

As long as we keep winning whilst playing poorly, then I couldn’t care less.

We will need to try and get some rhythm going again though, as we won’t get away with that against the better teams, particularly when their only goal now will be to beat us.

One thing I learnt tonight is that if Alfie does go in the summer we’ll need to reinvest a sizeable chunk of his transfer fee in order to replace him.

Even if Defoe is still with us next season we need another quality striker as well, and they don’t usually come cheap.

Difference this year to last - 1-0 up for much of the game and we come away with the 3 points. Too many time’s last season we dropped stupid points due to conceding late equalisers.

Yea we were nowhere near our best. Yes it was a shitfest. But it’s 3 points on the board. 3 points that last season would possibly have been 1.

I mentioned it in the match thread but winter breaks don't appear to agree with us. Takes our momentum away. Still, this time last year we messed up at Rugby Park so it's an improvement!

The game tonight was always going to be a bore fest. St Mirren with 10 men behind the ball as expected and to be fair you cant blame them. We got the 3 points and thats all that matters just now.
Yes I understand what you’re say but We need to learn how to break teams down and quickly.

Is it a title race? Really? Youd have thought with the comments on FF it was now a formality. Everyone needs to keep their powder dry and tonight's performance is a reminder of that. I will probably get called a tim for saying this.

I'm always glass half full when it comes to Rangers.

If we take tonight as a baseline, a performance that none of us are delighted with then I would say it's a great position to be in.

We are churning out 3 points even when not at our strongest, correct me if I am wrong bit does conventional wisdom not usually describe this as a mark of a champion?

There is so much more to come from this team, and that fills me with confidence.

We are doing the double this year.

Is it a title race? Really? Youd have thought with the comments on FF it was now a formality. Everyone needs to keep their powder dry and tonight's performance is a reminder of that. I will probably get called a tim for saying this.

Far from a tim mate, a realist.

I love the banter and hubris that comes from a really good first half of the season and a new year win against the paips.

But, it is a title race and there are going to be more scrappy performances than glitzy ones.

3 points each fixture is the goal.

Far from a tim mate, a realist.

I love the banter and hubris that comes from a really good first half of the season and a new year win against the paips.

But, it is a title race and there are going to be more scrappy performances than glitzy ones.

3 points each fixture is the goal.
Definitely, but if it weren't for a lucky deflected cross into an excellent finish from Defoe I'd be worrying where the shots on target would have came from had we needed to win that late into the 2nd half. See Kilmarnock at home 3 weeks ago when Morelos dug us out a hole.

Probably fortunate to be playing a poor St Mirren side. Could’ve been a slip up if it were against a team with some more quality.

Disagree - if we had played against a side who wanted to play football instead of defend and time waste then our quality would have opened them up.

As Andy Little said on RTV commentary, we'd better get used to this type of game in the run-in.

SG has ensured that Rangers are no longer the pushovers at Ibrox so be prepared for more of the same when the rest of the SPL dross come visiting.

Me? I'll take 1-0 wins and shite football all the way through to May :))

Definitely, but if it weren't for a lucky deflected cross into an excellent finish from Defoe I'd be worrying where the shots on target would have came from had we needed to win that late into the 2nd half. See Kilmarnock at home 3 weeks ago when Morelos dug us out a hole.

Yeah absolutely agree mate, but there are moments in every season that you need to go for you.

Edu last minute winner.

Shàgger v Samaras.

Scott McDonald goal

Etc

Etc

Back