Most disappointed you have ever been at the football

Getting beat 3-2 off Alloa when being 2 up with about 20mins to go and getting beat off Raith in the Challenge cup final purely because they showed how low we had really sank. Looking back makes where we are now all the more sweeter.
Hibs cup final was a sickener as well.

In recent times the League Cup Final last year.

A game we totally dominated and lost to a goal that had 3 players offside.

1979 losing 2-4 at the piggery to hand 10 man Celtic the league
1998 losing 0-1 at home to Killie to end 10 in a row
2008 Manchester, sitting with my old dad knowing we would never get this chance together ever again
2014 losing 0-1 in the Petrofac final to Raith Rovers with 1 up front and us unable to win a diddy cup
2016 losing 2-3 in the cup final to Hibs blowing it totally when we had the chance to get it right up Scottish football

Each one scarred me and I still feel it.

Flew out that morning from Belfast. Bears everywhere flying to anywhere in the mainland just to get to Manchester

I was lucky I got my flights booked cheap after the quarter final, I took a gamble and booked them
I booked the hotel after we beat Bremen at home. Was a free cancellation one lol but was glad I did

Kilmarnock away last season after the winter break.

Had beaten the filth, signed Defoe and Davis.

Then to go and make a total arse of it. I was totally deflated. There has been higher profile games that have been gutting, but that one came to my mind straight away so went with it.

UEFA cup final is up there, but I was absolutely hammered which took the edge off it.

Manchester have never watched it again thought for weeks it was only one nil as i missed their second going for a pee .Brilliant day only night i got permission to stay out all night lol only live an hour away on transport but there wasn't any . Wife was phoning saying there was riots all over and its all over Granada news I never seen anything till i seen riot cops running down the street indiscriminately hitting and chasing people down the street.

UEFA cup 2008 is an obvious one. Pretty devastated after the SCF in 2016, same feeling after the LCF in December was also a low point.

Losing at home to Motherwell and missing the chance to clinch NIAR at Ibrox will always sting.
It was a great opportunity missed by the players first & foremost - we didn’t seem to win many of that run at Ibrox and the 9th would have been special.
From a personal perspective - I was in the middle of final exams for uni and turned my weekend upside down to carve out the Monday free to go to the game and time to be out that night. As it was, we went out anyway and after a few drinks the talk moved to memories of NIAR and we had a great night regardless.

Manchester was a disappointment, albeit compensated to some degree by the fact that nobody had expected Rangers to get there all the way through and it was a real bonus to be able to enjoy being in a European Final.

Without wanting to derail the thread... I felt disappointed that the club didn’t stick with Le Guen for longer. Having made such an effort to bring the guy here - we seemed to chuck the idea without trying to correct the obvious errors that he had made in those first few months.

Notable call for the League Cup Final in December made above... I was watching it with my son and I can’t wait to be watching a game with him where Rangers win something - it will mean the world to me. Rangers last won the league when he was 6 months old and he is desperate to see Rangers hold up a trophy.

May 21st 1979, 4 2 defeat at the piggery which cost John Greig a treble was by far and away the biggest gutter I've ever had in football. I'm sure we were ahead at half time and only needed a draw.

Hibs cup final and cup final v celtic this season. Total dominance and we were absolutely robbed!
Would say Manchester but i didnt even get to bloody see it because the screens! Never watched it since.

Challenge cup final v Raith.. was mainly anger if I'm being honest.

The final v them this year was a proper sickener after the way we played.

The Hibs final was gutting and we never really recovered from it the following season.

2008 as a whole was disappointing.. losing the UEFA final then losing the league. We deserved so much more that year but ran out of gas.

F me... I had managed to delete that from the memory banks.
That was an utterly shocking performance and in truth, Rangers gotwhat they deserved that day.

Manchester . Buried my mum the day before. I hoped the game might take my mind off it. The result was hard but the stuff afterwards really stuck in my craw. Took it personally as I’d just lost a parent and these idiots couldn’t behave after a match.
To this day until my clogs are popped I won’t watch any of that run. It’s honestly the trigger that I associate with that time and it’s far too raw.

UEFA Cup Final 2008 too. Only time I’ve been on a genuine downer after a match for several days.

Losing at home to Motherwell and missing the chance to clinch NIAR at Ibrox will always sting.
It was a great opportunity missed by the players first & foremost - we didn’t seem to win many of that run at Ibrox and the 9th would have been special.
From a personal perspective - I was in the middle of final exams for uni and turned my weekend upside down to carve out the Monday free to go to the game and time to be out that night. As it was, we went out anyway and after a few drinks the talk moved to memories of NIAR and we had a great night regardless.

Manchester was a disappointment, albeit compensated to some degree by the fact that nobody had expected Rangers to get there all the way through and it was a real bonus to be able to enjoy being in a European Final.

Without wanting to derail the thread... I felt disappointed that the club didn’t stick with Le Guen for longer. Having made such an effort to bring the guy here - we seemed to chuck the idea without trying to correct the obvious errors that he had made in those first few months.

Notable call for the League Cup Final in December made above... I was watching it with my son and I can’t wait to be watching a game with him where Rangers win something - it will mean the world to me. Rangers last won the league when he was 6 months old and he is desperate to see Rangers hold up a trophy.

Won’t be too long for the wee man to see us lift a trophy mate. Will be the first of many for him

Recent cup final, gutted and was for weeks. Still am a bit but the victory in December made up for it a bit.

Defo drawing at home against CSKA Moscow in the first Champions League, I'd been to every game that season, including Leeds away. McCoist missed so many chance that night.Gutted.

1978-79 season getting beat 4-2 at the piggery, against 10 men.

Our night getting there had started badly. Can't remember if Parks of Hamilton decided not to run buses for supporters clubs, or ours decided not to pay the deposit against no damage. Anyway we set off from the Eagle Lodge pub in Bishopbriggs, 8 of us in an SGB works van. I was sat in the back, and let up a fag, and throw the match down. A few minutes later the floor is alight. We pull over at Woodhill shops, we can't get out the back door as it is tied up, 5 of us clambering over the front seats to get out. Managed to get fire out with an extinguisher from one of the shops. Next thing the fire brigade are on the scene, checked everything was okay and said you are good to go, but saying "lucky it never happened in blackhill!!"

A miserable night!!

I'll be honest, I don't think I'm over the hivs cup final. It really takes the luster away from beating the tramps for me, which was one the absolute best days. I want that f*cking cup!

The hug I gave to my mate after the recent league cup final was the kind of hugs you give at funerals. It was awful, but it added to make the 29th so unbelievably good.

There's been plenty and for different reasons and contexts. Kilmarnock this time last year was really awful as well. Got to take the good with the bad though of course. We've definitely had shite in spades so more good coming just round the corner hopefully! We're certainly due it anyway.

Scotland 0 England 1 in 1978 followed by the World Cup catastrophe, 4-2 to the vermin the following year, Monaco in 2000 at Ibrox, Hibs at hampden in 2016..

Manchester 2008
Never watched highlights, haven’t seen a minute of it since I left the stadium that night and never will

1979 title game. I was in tears.

Wasn't in Manchester so not including that or others I couldn't get a ticket for.

Outside our games, I was sitting in Birmingham 1996 opposite the 18 yard line when Ally scuffed one in from outside the box ffs :D only for Seaman to let one in through his legs whilst 4-0 up.

That was brutal.

If it counts, the beam back at Ibrox on the day we failed to win 10 in a row. I was 10, going on 11 and all I had known was us winning domestically. There had been European disasters in that time, but was always smoothed over by the end of the season with the league trophy.

The Cup Final a week later was another kick in the baws. A bleak few weeks contemplating what could have been before the World Cup/Advocaat revolution took my mind of things.

UEFA Cup Final for me. Walked out the stadium knowing I'll probably never witness Rangers in a European final again and it was such a poor performance.

While I wasnt there it was the Uefa Cup final

I genuinely never thought I'd see us in a European final and was absolutely gutted when we lost.

Based on how the game and money involved has continued to progress among the 'big' leagues in Europe I doubt we'll be likely to get back to another one which made the result even more disapointing

Getting beat at Chesterfield in the Anglo- Scottish Cup 3-0.

Standing getting soaked on an open terracing and totally outplayed by a Club I had to look up on a map.
If you support a huge Club like Rangers you have to soak up the defeats in big games. It makes the victories all the sweeter. But Chesterfield??? The nadir of the John Greig years.
Off topic, but did we not beat Celtic 3-0 within the next game or two?

Kilmarnock at home, late season 1998, Tannadice last day 1998. Missed cup final as it was a abod parade.

The end of the era, Tannadice had an air of resignation, but the killie game summed up that seasons shambles.
The Kilmarnock game for me as well. What a sickener that was.

Sheep at home 1968.
All season without a defeat, last game, went wrong.
Would have put even more pressure if we had won that last game. Fucking scum peg selling, gypo, peado lady's front bottom 19th Century Terrorist cock sucking priest loving arse banging republican scum cunts.

Hibs SC final. I feel if we had won that and with promotion the air of belief would have started coming through.

CSKA moscow for me , so many missed chances that day and their 3rd choice GK playing a blinder ,1 game away from the champions league final and the chance to go for the european cup still gutted thinking about it ,cheating french bastards

Yes Uefa cup final it has to be. I genuinely thought we would go for it. I thought we were putting up with the so called "anti-football" we were getting accused of as a means of getting to the final and then we would have a go in Manchester. But it just didn't come to anything. That Zenit team was a class above though to be fair

All the obvious ones but Motherwell to win 9 in a row with all the street parties planned was a sore one, recently Progress with Pedro in the bush as had flights to Cyprus booked!

Manchester 2008 for sure.

Had beaten Dundee United the Saturday before in the roasting sun and at a bouncing Ibrox. Real air of excitement, title looked to be on it's way and we were going to go down to Manchester to win the UEFA Cup.

Had a great day in Manchester until we got to Piccadilly Square late afternoon and then it started to turn ugly. Managed to get to the other fanzone about 10 mins into 1st half but was already scunnered. Just a massive body blow and then the way the season ended was just a sickner. Still pisses me off to this day how that season panned out.

By the time the Scottish Cup final came round I think everyone was just fed up.

Back