Tyrese Campbell informs Celtic he won't join them

Imagine your choice was playing under Steven Gerrard or the TLB. Who would you choose?

Story/rumour is he’s signing new deal at Stoke

That would be disappointing, especially as it would then seem that his agent was only talking up the interest from us and the unwashed as a negotiating tactic in his contract. Still nice that he didn’t even want associated with them in a bluff though.

The injury is also an issue. I wonder if that has cooled our interest and we may feel that we need someone who could step up and play now if needed.

That would be disappointing, especially as it would then seem that his agent was only talking up the interest from us and the unwashed as a negotiating tactic in his contract. Still nice that he didn’t even want associated with them in a bluff though.

The injury is also an issue. I wonder if that has cooled our interest and we may feel that we need someone who could step up and play now if needed.
We need someone ready made, if you like who can hit the ground running and not potential, that's all we'll be buying.

Well it’s an easy choice. Rangers or Celtic? Gerrard or Lennon? I know which two I’d be picking if I was anyone down south

Why the feck would you stay at Stoke if Rangers and a premier league team wanted you?

Boy is clearly off his rocker.

Last edited:
We need someone ready made, if you like who can hit the ground running and not potential, that's all we'll be buying.

Afraid you’ll be disappointed. Can you name any player we have signed recently who wasn’t nearing the end of their career who wasn’t potential? Barisic and Goldson maybe but Goldson had a big question mark after time out with ill health and Barisic was looking to step up to a higher club. The only other ‘proven’ players we get are from other SPL teams and there ain’t a lot of talent at our level around there.

We can no longer afford to buy 25-28 year olds established at a good level. We’ll be buying established players with significant compromises in ability or history, or buying unproven players in the hopes of unearthing gems. Like Tav, Katic, Alfie, Kent, Aribo and Edmundson.

It must be some lure for a young player like him! Come upto Scotland for 18 months/2 years , play under Gerrard, learn under Defoe and Morelos, a crack at European football, become a league winner.

Or stay at Stoke, hopefully we get it over the line

I think players will look here as a decent move given the players that have moved and those speculated to do so. Playing in Europe, 50k fans, chance of winning things it’s all not to be sniffed at. It works out you know you get at least a top half prem gig to then move to top team. If you don’t quite pull it off you can always go back to championship or lower EPL and earn a big crust. Going straight to EPL you aren’t earning much more, few big games and if nearer a top team you’ll probably be loaned or not get much time.

Ha ha the Tims will be raging. Obviously nobody decent would want to be associated with TLB when you can work with SG.

Don’t think it would even be that close, play for Lennon or Gerrard? There’s no contest to any footballer given the choice.

Back