P R Wars

Yet folk would rather ask about our catering at the games which admittedly is a mess, but the club should be absolutely hounded by our own support for its complete lack of PR game. We’re playing in the 3rd division and them in the premiership when it comes to PR, it’s utterly shameful how poor it is.

I would like for our PR to be better at times but i would not like for us to be delusional like they are so unfortunately i never want us to behave like them. I would like the authorities and media to stand up to their nonsense though
I would like for our PR to be better at times but i would not like for us to be delusional like they are so unfortunately i never want us to behave like them. I would like the authorities and media to stand up to their nonsense though
In an ideal world I would agree but we have to start fighting fire with fire

We are being taught a lesson on how to control a media narrative .
Compare our inadequate support for Alfie and the reaction to one of the most one sided poor refereeing display at Parkhead with the their reaction to Griffiths throwing tape at a fan .
They have wheeled out Brown to complain about the pitch and the tackling of the Kilmarnock side.
They wheel out Sutton and Hartson to back up their narrative (they are obviously getting paid ,why do we not do the same to others in the media ?)
We how have the hounding of Boyd meanwhile Griffiths misdemeanours are quietly put to the side.
And we are still waiting for the follow up statement from the weekend nearly a week later
Keep saying this, you can have the best PR in the world, but if the media won’t run with it and/or distort or edit it, you are wasting your time.
We maybe need to be using Rangers TV much more. Let them come to us.

If modern P.R is to ,
Lie ,
Cheat ,
Threaten ,
Deny ,
Play victimised ,
Control
And COVER UP

I'm more than happy for us to address issues that arise in a dignified manner......

Murray wanted to protect his own reputation and if that meant the club and support were targeted instead, so it went.

The current board doesn’t have this excuse.

I suspect they really just don’t have a clue about this side of things.

The print press is dying and the club should steal a march by investing significantly in its own media.

Just bypass the current MSM entirely and kill two birds with the one stone.

There is no PR war.
What we had in this country was an Anschluss, a takeover without a single shot being fired.
We rolled over and prostrated ourselves at their feet a long long time ago.
The current board are no different in this area than those who have gone before.

You can imagine that if we do win the league the back pages and sports channels will be full of how it wasn't merited or was won with the help of bad decisions and they were cheated etc. The propaganda surrounding them is out of control.

You can imagine that if we do win the league the back pages and sports channels will be full of how it wasn't merited or was won with the help of bad decisions and they were cheated etc. The propaganda surrounding them is out of control.
Or rather, completely under control.

outside the club in scotland, everyone has a dislike for rangers, the majority hate our existence

we cant ever win a PR war when we are hated so much

We lost the pr war years ago with our head in the sand attitude
‘Dignified Silence‘ has ‘killed’ us bit like Neville Chamberlain declaring peace in our time then seeing Hitler invade Poland. We play by the rules whilst the mankies play like street fighters!

We are being taught a lesson on how to control a media narrative .
Compare our inadequate support for Alfie and the reaction to one of the most one sided poor refereeing display at Parkhead with the their reaction to Griffiths throwing tape at a fan .
They have wheeled out Brown to complain about the pitch and the tackling of the Kilmarnock side.
They wheel out Sutton and Hartson to back up their narrative (they are obviously getting paid ,why do we not do the same to others in the media ?)
We how have the hounding of Boyd meanwhile Griffiths misdemeanours are quietly put to the side.
And we are still waiting for the follow up statement from the weekend nearly a week later

There are plenty on here that have been calling for action for years. Then again there are plenty posting comments about our board not being able to respond to "every" incident.

Its beyond laughable.

I got absolutely slated on here for saying the Rangers Statement on Sunday was “weak as f*ck”

Yet here we are.... still no follow up and as usual the scum showing us how it’s done.

Tbh I used to find the media fawning over separateentity was ott and at times hilariously amusing( remember ronny cully stating hernan crespo was on his way) reporters were embarassing themselves by name dropping sellik into stories that had nothing whatsoever to do with football and forever trying to parade that pus filled scab of a club in a good light.

Whatever success we eventually have won’t be recognised and praised in this country, there will be attempts to demean it and tarnish it from the usual suspects.
When we are successful they will hate us more than ever.
Look at the reaction when we win one game against them, it’s only going to be multiplied if we take the title from them. Never forget they’re bad winners and worse losers.

You can put money on it that our celebrations after we win 55 will be used against us. They'll highlight and twist every incident to tarnish our achievement and make us out to be racist, sectarian, neanderthals.

Winning 55 wont, as some suggest, bring us any positive publicity.

You can win battles and lose the war.
We have already lost this war because we refused to fight it.
We have refused to fight it for many a reason which both you and I am unaware of.
For all we know there may be lots of things bubbling in the background which we are not privy to.
With some luck the above is true and we unleash Hell on them all

the dignified silence from us at times has come back to haunt us, they are so far ahead it is frightening, they worked at it over many years.

our club desperately needs a ceo with balls and attitude, someone that will be across any little slight on our club or support, at the very minimum some one like lawwell,but preferably someone more ruthless, this i know will require to cost us a pretty packet in salary and benefits,but ultimately if we are to have any expectations of prospering going forward this needs done, im not being dramatic here when i say getting this sorted will be one of the the most important signing in our clubs glorious history,stop living in the past rangers and have a good look around yourselves,things have changed and we must do so as well

being going on for years, give them an inch etc. Murray has to shoulder a lot of the blam with the lack of defence for Findlay/Ferguson (Duncan) etc. our pr is non existent and everyone can have a free shot

being going on for years, give them an inch etc. Murray has to shoulder a lot of the blam with the lack of defence for Findlay/Ferguson (Duncan) etc. our pr is non existent and everyone can have a free shot
Murray sold the club down the river for his own benefit. He bolstered his companies and got a knighthood out of it. He did it for a reason.
The current board are the polar opposite of that snake.
So, why does it continue?

it annoys me because were always there for the club through thick and thin and we always will be but when the support needs backing nothing

It's a strange one - they think that we are far better at going on the attack and defending ourselves and see their board as far too passive.

On here we think that they are far better at it and our board are too passive.

I think our board get way too hard a time over this - they can't issue a statement about everything, however in the social media age supporters will analyse almost every article in the press that related to Rangers and call for action.

At the same time I think we give their board far too much credit.

Talk of a PR war is a bit nuts - both boards are trying to appease the support, while having to pick their battles because outside of supporters most people view the volume of these statements as ridiculous.

All the while 'journalists' egos get massaged, and they will privately be pissing themselves at how easy it is get a reaction as they have half of Glasgow talking about their article - I guess it's their only way of trying to stay relevant in a dying industry.

In the society we live in right now, you cant afford to give space to your adversaries - if they slip up the only way you get what you want is to shamelessly go on the attack. We need to stop trying to mediate and get them all telt exactly what time it is

That’s why Holicom ate paid vast sums of money, they are the best and most expensive in the country, and one of the reasons you hear next to nothing about the scandal at the stydome.

If I had the resources and financial means to improve one thing about Rangers, I devote every penny toward creating a proper PR department. First task on the agenda would be the formation of a 'rapid response' team charged with aggressively challenging every negative/fake news story that is printed or broadcast re. Rangers. Nothing would go unanswered.

In addition to having a thorough knowledge of Rangers history, the people performing this vital role would be extremely tech/media savvy, possess top-notch writing skills utilising wit and humour when appropriate, but also capable of bringing a sharper, hard-hitting, more aggressive edge when required to go on the offensive. Skills in graphics and creative manipulation of imagery would also be required. The creation of a professional website, a blog, and the issuing of daily 'Press Releases' would form part of the remit.

For decades now, the club has been deaf, dumb and blind in recognizing the need for such an operation, during which time Rangers and their supporters have been demonized and vilified, whilst witnessing the club brought almost to the bink of destruction, due to a phony but well orchestrated campaign by its enemies. The official response to all of this from those in charge has been quite pathetic. I was never sure is this was the result of a fear to challenge a media dominated as it now is with forces hostile to Rangers, or they simply have a blind spot when it comes to the recognizing the crucial role that PR plays in modern culture.

I've always thought to have a war you need at least two participants.

We haven't been a participant in my lifetime. Unless you count banning the filth from Ibrox in April 1994.

Until we get our head around the word religion and confront it, we are Donald Ducked.

I simply cannot see us winning this league or be allowed to.

Our reaction in the aftermath of Dec 29th, 2019 being a major reason as to why.

The silence from the club since they were telling us there would be a follow up statement to the SFA charges is embarrassing and laughable. Laughable if you are a Rangers hater that is.

The boot of a Compliance officer and the SFA should be on the run. That is simply not the case. It's us that are doing the running.

It is now coming up for five years since the board took us away from the vermin running us into the ground. It seems like that is what they are still dining out on.

It is now and always was unacceptable.

If you won't or can't defend the club then at least invite people in who will.

Its not a war. To have a war you need 2 sides to attack.
Out board are an absolute disgrace and I'm getting fucking sick of it.

Spot on. Only a week ago, last Friday to be exact, a brief statement was released from the Rangers Board in response to the Club being cited for our staff's actions in our last two away League games. In that statement the Board quite clearly stated that a further communication, probably more robust respionse, would be issued after that weekend. Well to date not a single word has been issued.

We are a shambles in this PR war, our response to the many attacks on our club over the years is to keep a dignified silence and if, on the rare occasion that we do issue something, it is usually pitiful and spineless.

One only has to look at the clubs response to the attack on our players and staff at the 2016 Cup final. A decent initial statement gave the impression that the Board had at long last grown a set and were going to stand for no nonesense. However despite the mhedia narrative very quickly pinning the blame for the trouble equally on both sets of supporters not a further word was heard from the Rangers Board. To this day Hibs fans can openly talk of that pitch invasion with a sense of pride - you can imagine the vitriol aimed towards our support by our mhedia if the shoe was on the other foot and we had acted in similar fashion had we been victorious that day.

I long for the day our Board meet fire with fire but unfortunately have learned over the years not to expect to much from them despite the many times robust action has been called for. Their silence once again, no matter how infuriating, is not a surprise and is not unexpected. Oh how I wish our present incumbents would prove me wrong but down the years covering their ears and burying their heads in the sand has been our Boards normal reaction to events and it appears nothing is going to change any time soon.

Timmy is clearly flexing it's PR and media control muscles. Win 55 and not one article, statement or letter to the SFA will matter a jot. We have to win it and it has to be this year.

Ì can. All the way through 9 Murray controlled the media.

Only in terms of the publicity surrounding signings and so on and the fact that Celtic did not provide a serious challenge.

The warning signs were there. By 8IAR Keevins and others had started their war against referees which ultimately paid off.

James MacMillan was soon to set the ball rolling re the sectarianism industry with his ludicrous speech at the Edinburgh Festival in the wake of devolution.

Soon Catholics became prominent in the media - taking over the Herald editorial positions, for example - and dictated McConnell’s narrative that sectarianism was a major problem and one side was nearly entirely to blame.

Murray had no answer to any of this and attacks on the club rather than him on a personal level were of little concern.

Back