What’s happening to our country

Bishybear30

Since I started following Rangers as a kid in the late 90s I learned very quickly that there was a deep hatred from other clubs towards us however, this seemed to be kept to stadiums and pub chat amongst rival fans with a bit of banter.

This season in particular with the clear media bias and the general feeling that Rangers as a club and us as supporters are easy game for anyone that wants to take a pop. We’ve even heard people justifying racism against Morelos with claims that he brings it on himself... in a country that claims to be the most inclusive with in our island!

Then I read the other day about “loyalist supporters” that are planning to protest against an IRA march... surely right minded people don’t want murder being glorified on our streets??
In the same article it puts the OO and the organisers of the march in the same bracket as “sectarian organisations”
How can an organisation that is Christian based and have no history of its members in scotland being involved in sectarian offences when on parade be openly likened to thugs who are marching for the Real IRA (that murdered a young journalist within the last year btw) without anyone in the media actually saying well wait a minute, these are two completely different types of organisations...

Since the SNP got into power and began their decisive agenda, this country has got more bitter every year. I dread to think what kind of country my son is going to grow up in as a Unionist Rangers supporter?

There seems no stopping it as well... the worse they perform on important issues, the more power they seem to get!?!

I love being a supporter of the most hated team in the land. It's because we're the most successful.

England has Man United.
Spain has Real Madrid.
Italy has Juventus.
Germany has Bayern Munich.
Scotland has Rangers.

It's f.ucking great being a Rangers supporter.

We are the people. Let the diddy teams come after us. We welcome the chase.

I love being a supporter of the most hated team in the land. It's because we're the most successful.

England has Man United.
Spain has Real Madrid.
Italy has Juventus.
Scotland has Rangers.

This but it also in the last decade or more went deeper than football

Basically the demonisation of anything pro-union.

We are seen as very much a part of that. And by that token all right leaning Tories....even though some perceived left wing clubs have chairmen funding the conservatives.

Being Scottish has evolved from loving your country to hating the union.

Since I started following Rangers as a kid in the late 90s I learned very quickly that there was a deep hatred from other clubs towards us however, this seemed to be kept to stadiums and pub chat amongst rival fans with a bit of banter.

This season in particular with the clear media bias and the general feeling that Rangers as a club and us as supporters are easy game for anyone that wants to take a pop. We’ve even heard people justifying racism against Morelos with claims that he brings it on himself... in a country that claims to be the most inclusive with in our island!

Then I read the other day about “loyalist supporters” that are planning to protest against an IRA march... surely right minded people don’t want murder being glorified on our streets??
In the same article it puts the OO and the organisers of the march in the same bracket as “sectarian organisations”
How can an organisation that is Christian based and have no history of its members in scotland being involved in sectarian offences when on parade be openly likened to thugs who are marching for the Real IRA (that murdered a young journalist within the last year btw) without anyone in the media actually saying well wait a minute, these are two completely different types of organisations...

Since the SNP got into power and began their decisive agenda, this country has got more bitter every year. I dread to think what kind of country my son is going to grow up in as a Unionist Rangers supporter?

There seems no stopping it as well... the worse they perform on important issues, the more power they seem to get!?!

I leave on monday. Going to live in England. Ive had enough.

Rangers are now deemed fair game in Nicola Sturgeon's Scotland.

I could name 10 SNP MPs/MSPs off the top of my head that support Celtic.

I don't know one that supports Rangers.
Like it or not (I really do) Rangers is the last bastion of the Union in Scotland. Why would a nationalist be a friend of such an institution? The only thing that upsets me is the FACT that some of our own support actually vote for the demise of our club. Make no mistake that’s what it is. How much we hate the team from park head is mirrored by how much the snp hate Rangers. We are everything they don’t like. Our community sitting back and letting it happen has led to what’s wrong with Scotland

Like it or not (I really do) Rangers is the last bastion of the Union in Scotland. Why would a nationalist be a friend of such an institution? The only thing that upsets me is the FACT that some of our own support actually vote for the demise of our club. Make no mistake that’s what it is. How much we hate the team from park head is mirrored by how much the snp hate Rangers. We are everything they don’t like. Our community sitting back and letting it happen has led to what’s wrong with Scotland
anybody who votes snp is no friend of mine

This was a well orchestrated plan going back over ten years to put people in positions that can influence others and I don't just mean politicians.

It was made a lot easier because of our problems since 2012, but it was always a long term plan for the other lot.

The government of the country hating the most successful team in world has a lot to do with it SNP absolutely hate evrything about Rangers and the Rangers support

The snp want their independence regardless if its gonna be good or bad. Their last leader was raping ten liars in his opinion but he must be innocent. They have photo sessions with republican animals. I'm not political but they hate us and I want nothing to do with the shortbread munchers.
GSTQ

Bang On!

Several times in the last couple of years I met new folk at work and get on fine with them. Then they find out I'm a Rangers supporter and eventually tell me that I'm not like other Rangers supporters. The Rangers supporters they know are arseholes, shaven headed knuckle scrapers. I tell them I'm exactly like every Bear I know, that everyone in my part of Ibrox is perfectly normal.

I ask who are these arsehole Rangers supporters they have met. There is no answer. Indeed, they fail to comprehend that our office has many bears, albeit not ST holders. But their perception is maintained because the media tells them this is how it is. They just decide I'm an exception. I can think of no other reason. These are not fhilth fans btw. Indeed, the bheggars I know seem to understand us better than other folk who have little interest in football.

In fairness, when I moved to the east coast many years ago I became much more vocal in my support of Rangers, purely because I found there was less bitterness here than in the west, so it was easier to wear my colours on my sleeve. However, I now find that bitterness is worse than ever and usually from fans of smaller clubs

I'd like to see Devolution revoked after Brexit goes through. It's been a disaster. Hopeless in Northern Ireland, non-descript in Wales and as for Scotland it's a prime example of complete incompetance at all levels.

Multiple people who are proven to be unsuitable. Two examples of many - a onetime leader up in court on a long list of sexual harassment charges...a now justice minister who was stopped in a car by police, whilst transport minister, with no insurance and not surprisingly allowed to go without disciplinary action.

Devolution, because of cronyism and sheer incompetence has proven a failure. Time it was revoked and what is merely a gravy-train stopped in its tracks.

The treatment of an historical institution such as Rangers during this period demonstrates how stark a failure devolution has been allowed to become. A macrocosmic example of directed hate.

Perhaps the SNP believe that a good old fashioned civil war is worth it. perhaps they believe that they will win.
The nationalism of the type propagated by the SNP with its base hatreds, its divisive nature, its obsessive aspirations, has historically usually led to a war of factions.
Why should Scotland be any different?

The flags and symbols are already being separated along lines of division, the rhetoric is becoming more extreme the street is now the political platform of choice and those that are viewed as obstructive towards the aims, are when possible, being ruthlessly isolated from the mainstream and pronounced as different and of less worth.

Just because Gogglebox is on the telly and you have a nice car on the driveway shouldn't lull you into believing that a Balkans like scenario could never visit your own doorstep.

Scots really need to end these people as a political project and they need to do so urgently.

I am 53 years old. My father was'nt into football. My Grandfather, Mothers side(who i had the utmost respect for) was a Tim. Went to the EC final in Lisbon and he taught me respect and tolerance. A fine man in anyone's books. He was a Staunch Tory and would have been disgusted at what is happening now to Scotland. In my younger days as a teenager I went to all the Scotland games and supported them vigourously. I honestly do not give to hoots how they get on now as the support is now kilt wearing, Nationalist blowhards. My Tim pals are now bigotted beyond reasoning and have been caught up in all the politics of this country. Every day I am shocked by the bitterness and bias being chucked at those who have a different view from them. I hate it. I am considering moving south just to get away from it all and more importantly, find better opportunities.
It will only get worse.

England has Man United.
Spain has Real Madrid.
Italy has Juventus.
Scotland has Rangers.

All those clubs above do not have bell-end rival supporters who hate them more than they love their own club.
Also, would be surprised if they had a filthy ring of bheasts operating within terrorising and abusing kids in their boys club and covering it up with the help of the media.

I'd like to see Devolution revoked after Brexit goes through. It's been a disaster. Hopeless in Northern Ireland, non-descript in Wales and as for Scotland it's a prime example of complete incompetance at all levels.

Multiple people who are proven to be unsuitable. Two examples of many - a onetime leader up in court on a long list of sexual harassment charges...a now justice minister who was stopped in a car by police, whilst transport minister, with no insurance and not surprisingly allowed to go without disciplinary action.

Devolution, because of cronyism and sheer incompetence has proven a failure. Time it was revoked and what is merely a gravy-train stopped in its tracks.

The treatment of an historical institution such as Rangers during this period demonstrates how stark a failure devolution has been allowed to become. A macrocosmic example of directed hate.
A very good post mate.

I am 53 years old. My father was'nt into football. My Grandfather, Mothers side(who i had the utmost respect for) was a Tim. Went to the EC final in Lisbon and he taught me respect and tolerance. A fine man in anyone's books. He was a Staunch Tory and would have been disgusted at what is happening now to Scotland. In my younger days as a teenager I went to all the Scotland games and supported them vigourously. I honestly do not give to hoots how they get on now as the support is now kilt wearing, Nationalist blowhards. My Tim pals are now bigotted beyond reasoning and have been caught up in all the politics of this country. Every day I am shocked by the bitterness and bias being chucked at those who have a different view from them. I hate it. I am considering moving south just to get away from it all and more importantly, find better opportunities.
It will only get worse.
don't blame you

excellent post

The biggest most successful club with the biggest support and best stadium, JEALOUSLY!!

Great post.

The now normalised behaviours of (for example) “Tory Scum” banners etc is a worrying development. The SNP have recently been -mostly- careful with the exception of that idiot Humsa to stay away from
AUOB protests because they can see the división it is causing. It is poison.

Being a Unionist is an equal right and that’s why it should be championed at every turn if and when the opportunity arises. When I’m home, Glasgow makes my heart sink on these rally days, it’s depressing.

But they are just noisy neighbours and will get nowhere. 55% said no and would do so again. The silent majority needs to galvanise and speak up. RFC is in the mix somewhere, no doubt about it.

How Celtic can champion their Irish and catholic heritage but Rangers can’t mention ours (albeit differently developed) is a sad reflection of the way things are painted.

If every one of us stood just a little taller that would be a start.

England has Man United.
Spain has Real Madrid.
Italy has Juventus.
Scotland has Rangers.

Didn't read anymore replies after this. Spot on.

As a group we need to put more effort into our country and ensure we hold office and power instead of whining about those who do.

It will only get worse.
That is a shame mate.
I haven't lived in Scotland for a long time, but I really become quite upset when people like yourself become despondent.
I really hope that the Unionists can recover the country and make it a great place again.
I believe that they can do this because Scotland is worth saving.

Back