Not conceded a goal from a corner all season?

dh1963

They got a couple of late corners and my nerves were shot. Head in hands but guy behind me tells me not to worry as we haven't conceded from a corner all season.

He was right about not to worry, was he right about our defensive record?

It's a fantastic stat for this far into the season if right, and must admit I couldn't think of any after he said it.

During the smellic game it occurred to me that we have been top notch defending corners for a while so it wouldn't surprise me.

One of the things Steven Gerrard said when he first arrived was the need to tighten up the defence and stop conceding cheap goals.
We have come a long way in that respect.

That's a brilliant stat if true. Obviously been putting the work in on the training ground.

What a difference Gerrard has made to our defence. 11 goals conceded in 20 games is impressive, especially compared to where we were a few seasons ago.

Reactions: o7o
I'd wonder how many corners we've conceded this season in the league?
What with an average of 1 in 50 being a goal allegedly.
The 1 in 50 also means we should be scoring 1 every 5 games.
How does that measure up stats wise?

Tremendous stat. A long way away from the times under Warburton when anytime another team got a corner you were expecting them to score from it.

If true it's surprising, we do seem to lose a lot of headers in our box, particularly if Katic isn't playing.

We couldn't have lost that many mate, as I don't think we've conceded a headed goal all season.

Our defence is the strongest it's been for well over a decade.

Back