Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Why even bother playing Patterson in the cup? He's lost his place in the squad to 2 guys who won't be here next season.

Don't start with the Tynecastle rubbish, they're terrible and the way they play under stendel suits Patterson perfectly

It's at Tynecastle.

Not suggesting he necessarily had to start today, but once Tav is back I wonder if it would be better for his long term development if a loan was found for Patterson for the last 6 months of the season

Let's stay calm.

It may take time but it's a scrappy odd goal win and on the M8 home with 3 title points in Jimmy Bells kit bag that'll do me.

That team should destroy Hearts but you just they'll be right up for it and play like a completely different team.

C 'mon the bears. Think this will be struggle today against a dogged hearts side who will raise their game against us. Any win will do this bear.

2-1 to the glorious.

Why even bother playing Patterson in the cup? He's lost his place in the squad to 2 guys who won't be here next season.

Don't start with the Tynecastle rubbish, they're terrible and the way they play under stendel suits Patterson perfectly
Some vote on confidence in the boy. Flanagan and a guy who has been on a honeymoon instead of training are ahead of him.

Same team as Wednesday. Kent and Aribo had better start shooting. Have to say I’d have gone with Arfield ahead of Kamara for a bit more goal threat from midfield.

EPNjUMFWoAAVQNd.jpg
I think we will are very light on the bench

If the club look at that line up and more so the subs bench and think that's acceptable for the run in then God help us. No striker in reserve on the bench not even an under 21, we'll put one of our underperforming wingers on off the bench to play through the middle, please hope nothing happens to Defoe.

I wonder if our management team see this as being a bit of a bruising battle today?

Polster is a big solid guy, who adds significant physical presence, if required.
Maybe that's their thinking?

What's the point in having Polster on the bench ahead of Patterson?

Presumably because Polster is a midfield option as well as full-back. To be honest, I do see Polster as more effective as a holding midfielder rather than as a full-back - not that we've seen much of him in either.

Patterson will get his chances in due course.

Back