Gerrard must feel stabbed in the back

DEJA BLUE

By some of these charlatans today a totally unacceptable performance which cannot continue, but the real question is... who else saw this result coming ? Well I did I warned on another post the St. Mirren game was nowhere near good enough just like the Stranraer game, so the warning signs were there, players not at it, attitude problem, whatever it is, they have let the management team and the supporters down

Stabbed in the back?

Our system is tailored heavily towards the full backs. We create space for them with two forwards who come inside and let the full backs attack high up the pitch and being our width to stretch the game.

Why then do you play the worst option out of our other 3 right backs? One who can’t pass, can’t run, can’t attack, can’t cross, can’t carry the ball. Can’t do anything he is supposed to do in our system.

It wasn’t the sole issue, but it was a big one and Gerrard was at fault for it.

I saw it coming 100%.

Gerrard is also at fault and shouldn't escape criticism. I would like to know the reasons for not have a plan b or a different system when Defoe is a lone striker. It's cost us huge today.

I'd also like to know why there is no signings to strengthen the squad? Celtic regularly have 3/4 strikers in the match squad. We have 1, no one to bring on and change a game. Is it because we dont have the cash, and if so fair enough we have to accept that. Or is it because Gerrard feels the current squad is enough to win the league, because it's not. Today proves that.

By some of these charlatans today a totally unacceptable performance which cannot continue, but the real question is... who else saw this result coming ? Well I did I warned on another post the St. Mirren game was nowhere near good enough just like the Stranraer game, so the warning signs were there, players not at it, attitude problem, whatever it is, they have let the management team and the supporters down

I feel more disappointed that Gerrard saw that same abject performances against Stranraer and St Mirren and thought the same set-up would suffice again today.

Didnt like SG's assessments of recent games. Dubai - fringe players not good enough. Stranraer - bored to tears.
Today - 8 players didnt turn up.

Stabbed in the back? Bit of an over reaction OP.

The players didn't perform today, simple.

They may have let the manager down, but it's hardly stabbing him in the back.

Perhaps he doesn't have the budget to acquire a better striker than Defoe.
When I said addressed I didn't mean sign a new/better striker. I meant alter the tactics to suit Defoe. They are clearly two different types of player so swapping them about like for like isnt going to work, and hasn't worked for quite some time.

One good result against the poets and they think theyve won something.

All over the papers about being the dominant team blah blah blah.

Need to wake up and realise we've won nothing and every game is a cup final.

We never look effective when Defoe plays instead of Morelos. Why this hasn't been addressed by Gerrard is poor.
We certainly need a forward and preferably one who plays in a similar style to Alfie. Ideally a younger player who can develop and replace Alfie when he inevitably goes. If we sign no one were 100% done as it stands were not in a great place anyway.

Gerrard ain't exactly blameless. Did he even once get motivated in the dugout to get much more out of those players today ?

We certainly need a forward and preferably one who plays in a similar style to Alfie. Ideally a younger player who can develop and replace Alfie when he inevitably goes. If we sign no one were 100% done as it stands were not in a great place anyway.
I'm more worried about next season than the rest of this one to be honest. We are clearly a one man team and assuming Morelos leaves in the summer, I just dont see how he can be replaced.

Stabbed in the back by so called supporters on here.

4 weeks ago we are winning 55.

Today....

Other clubs fans are right in a sense.

Walking away is the Rangers way.
Never thought so mate, I thought we had an outside chance but only an outside one. That long shot has just become almost no chance.

These "charlatans" have done well this season. Teams lose football games. Players perform poorly. Unfortunately some can't accept this. It was the same after the last Tynecastle match.

Stabbed in the back?

Our system is tailored heavily towards the full backs. We create space for them with two forwards who come inside and let the full backs attack high up the pitch and being our width to stretch the game.

Why then do you play the worst option out of our other 3 right backs? One who can’t pass, can’t run, can’t attack, can’t cross, can’t carry the ball. Can’t do anything he is supposed to do in our system.

It wasn’t the sole issue, but it was a big one and Gerrard was at fault for it.
A good point. Also, compounded by brining in Defoe for
Morelos so we have nobody to hold the ball up and bring in others. We did not appear to adjust the formation for these replacements. Of course the lack of effort and genuine desire in all 3 games from the players did not help either.

A bad day at the office. Might just be the wake up call that some needed.
To many off it today.
Celtic at home was a wake up call. So was Hearts away last time. Then Aberdeen. We cant afford many more wake up calls cos they arent going to drop many more points.

I'm more worried about next season than the rest of this one to be honest. We are clearly a one man team and assuming Morelos leaves in the summer, I just dont see how he can be replaced.
Alfredo is top quality. We know that. Let’s say you get £30m for him, you then go out and use a portion of the cash to get three/ four players of real quality to make up for him not being there anymore.

This squad has performed very well. However, when there are injuries/suspensions - like Tavernier and Morelos - we do look vulnerable. We shouldn't panic though. So far we have done fine. Stay calm.

Nothing to do with, stabbed in the back.

Today was the day we found out we DO NOT have the necessary quality in depth to sustain our challenge for the title, when suspensions and injuries kick in.

Charlatans? Stabbed in the back? The same charlatans have turned in an incredible season to date even with today included. Sometimes players play well, sometimes players don't – it's that simple.

The amount of braindead bangers in our support is unbelievable. Second defeat in 21 matches ffs.

I feel more disappointed that Gerrard saw that same abject performances against Stranraer and St Mirren and thought the same set-up would suffice again today.
He should have given Patterson a go v St Mirren. Then he’d have had an idea if we could have played him today. Would have changed our team dynamic to have had someone bombing on and forcing them back.

I hope he doesn't look on here.

I’m sure when he gets a chance to reflect on the game he will realise that collectively it was not good enough. The players did not perform and the tactics and team selection was not right on the day

Gerrard played his part in the poor performance. His tactics and player choice played a big part. The players did not perform though.

I must have missed that update, if that is the reason he wasnt in the squad today, then Jones could have been used in a similar role.
Jones wouldn't and shouldn't have started ahead of either Kent or Aribo, and in the most recent evidence, Ojo has been better than him.

Also, after Stranraer we were told by everyone defending Jones that he needs space to run into. That's very different to what you're suggesting.

Back