Calm down

Our attitude was off today . Let's hope it's a lesson learned and that we treat the teams at the bottom of the table as we do those in the top half .
For me , too many players thought theyd just need to turn up today instead of getting stuck in .

I don't know neither do you.
They are arguably a better team than us already.
Going for 9 won last 10 trophies and are top of the league by 5 points.
Added over 5 million pounds in 2 new players.
An injury to morelos and you can forget any title challenge we don't have the depth to cope it's that simple.
Our subs are not of the quality required
Ojo Barker Jones Flanagan ect
2 first team players out and we have struggled.
They don't have that problem
We are 1 draw worse off than them and the last twice we played them we were clearly the superior team,I am sure you will agree.
Your argument about Morelos applies to Odsonne as they struggle when he s not playing,yesterday being a classic example.
Their new signings could be duds,they have signed many in the past.so I won't be pressing any panic buttons yet.

Nope. Its the threads that have a go at folk being annoyed at one piss poor display after another that are ridiculous.
Some of us have higher expectations and demands from a Rangers team than others.
Some of us seem to think we're up they're with liverpool. I'm disappointed as much as anyone, but I get more pissed off reading the guff on here after we dont win a game.

This demanding this and that attitude explains why we have problems bringing through kids. Yes celtic have strengthened, but they have more money than us to do that.

We can ask you the same question , what are you seeing in mentally challenged f.c. ?
Wasn't that long ago Livvy humped them....
I'm seeing them above us in the table.

It's actually quite a while since livi beat them. They have dropped 3 points since then. They have goals coming from other people than their one main striker. If you think it's all roses because we are better than last season, you need to take the blinkers off and look around.

You also don't win league titles on January the 26th mate...go get your hole and stop trolling ffs you don't get extra points for thinking you hurt more than the rest of us
Wind your neck in. You can think our squad is all conquering if you want. I dont. We're allowed different opinions.

I'm seeing them above us in the table.

It's actually quite a while since livi beat them. They have dropped 3 points since then. They have goals coming from other people than their one main striker. If you think it's all roses because we are better than last season, you need to take the blinkers off and look around.
So you've also thrown in the towel for this season then?

Struggling since the break.
We need another striker, Defoe is not the type to use in a scrap, we can’t rely on Alfie being there all the time and even he has his bad games.

3 poor performances since the winter break resumption and outfought and beaten by the team at the bottom of the league.
Of course we should be worried.

But this season we've got much more reason to believe it won't continue. So aye, calm down. I'm gutted, but it's a slip, we've got 3 home games coming up. This isn't last season, I don't really see why we should compare it. We are much better than we were then and they are worse. We will be OK.
If you watched that today and think that we are much better than last season, you are deluded. 1 point from 6 at Tynecastle against the league’s bottom team doesn’t suggest much better to me. Rather, the last 3 games suggest to me that we have little reason to believe the poor performances won’t continue.

We could debate our different views all day. However, in the interests of brevity, I suggest we continue our discussion after the next 3 home games and judge then whether our views have changed.

No one expects us to win every game, but we expect the same mistakes not to be repeated again and again.

I'm pissed off at that more than todays result. Watching us piss games away with half hearted displays and no way of upping it is unacceptable.

I agree. I’m as pissed off as the next person but we need to retain a bit of perspective. Some of the comments on here are ridiculous though, I mean there have been suggestions that we have barely improved since last season which is complete bollocks. That said Whatever it is that’s causing us to start slowly post winter break needs sorted. Stevie G has mentioned that they were changing things this year but whatever they have done it hasn’t worked.

My anger and issues are that Morelos will continue to be unfairly treated! He will miss at least another 2 games this season that’s almost guaranteed mate. We have nothing on the right hand side of attack period, we are still in a position to win the league. But anyone who can’t see that we need 1 more starter is kidding themselves on

I’ve no issues with people calling for a signing or two to be made. I’d like to see it too. We need a striker badly for starters.

If you watched that today and think that we are much better than last season, you are deluded. 1 point from 6 at Tynecastle against the league’s bottom team doesn’t suggest much better to me. Rather, the last 3 games suggest to me that we have little reason to believe the poor performances won’t continue.

We could debate our different views all day. However, in the interests of brevity, I suggest we continue our discussion after the next 3 home games and judge then whether our views have changed.

When comparing this season to last season it’s probably a better idea to look at the season as a whole rather than one individual game. There is a whole stack of evidence to suggest we have improved a lot.

I’ve no issues with people calling for a signing or two to be made. I’d like to see it too. We need a striker badly for starters.
A fit Stewart and Morelos any good?
We'd all love a signing but our whole budget was correctly (imo) spent on Kent. The wells dry we can't panic buy our way to success, If Gerrard and Wilson have targets they can bring in within budget then great! A top loan would be superb as we most certainly have wages freed up but I reiterate the point of would they come in and hit the ground running? Because that's what we need with any January signing and Davis and Defoe both done hee haw for weeks upon weeks after coming in January.
An Ojo performing far better (much like Kent in the 2nd half of last season )and an Arfield regaining his old goalscoring form is surely more realistic

Only hysteria I read was from yourself mate, at least others with matching concerns had constructive thoughts

But this season we've got much more reason to believe it won't continue. So aye, calm down. I'm gutted, but it's a slip, we've got 3 home games coming up. This isn't last season, I don't really see why we should compare it. We are much better than we were then and they are worse. We will be OK.
Based on performances against the might of Stranraer,St Midden and bottom of the league Hertz today I struggle to share your optimism.I've seen nothing since the winter break to suggest we'll be okay.

People are allowed to come on here after such a terrible performance and speak of what was particularly bad etc but some of the posts are just absolutely ridiculous. Get behind the team and keep believing, there's a long way to go and surely nobody thought there wouldn't be slips. I'm not saying don't voice opinion but the ones that are going mental need to calm it. Feck me

Good post, we haven't blown it today, but we need to learn the lessons. Complacency, getting bullied at tough away venues and not having Morelos on the park like today will see us miss out.

Only hysteria I read was from yourself mate, at least others with matching concerns had constructive thoughts
Hysteria, that we need improvements to the squad or we are going to struggle?

That despite obvious improvements from last season, we remain second.

I'd call that reality tbh.

A fit Stewart and Morelos any good?
We'd all love a signing but our whole budget was correctly (imo) spent on Kent. The wells dry we can't panic buy our way to success, If Gerrard and Wilson have targets they can bring in within budget then great! A top loan would be superb as we most certainly have wages freed up but I reiterate the point of would they come in and hit the ground running? Because that's what we need with any January signing and Davis and Defoe both done hee haw for weeks upon weeks after coming in January.
An Ojo performing far better (much like Kent in the 2nd half of last season )and an Arfield regaining his old goalscoring form is surely more realistic

I’d like someone in the Morelos mould (not easy to find I know), Defoe and Stewart are not ideal for the system we play. Ideally I’d like a like for like replacement. That said I’m not suggesting we go out and panic buy, if the wells dry it’s dry. However the value of the squad will have increased since August, Barisic and Morelos being worth a lot more now than then. That mitigates the risk of additional spending somewhat. I won’t be distraught if we don’t bring anyone in but I’d like to see at least one new face if possible.

Im torn on it to be honest, we have improved and I’m not disputing it, however I don’t buy the massive improvement line, we are still 2nd, massive improvement to me is leapfrogging Celtic and being clear at the top.

We are 11 points better than we were last season after 21 games - that’s a bloody good improvement.

If Celtic were having a nightmare season, and we had dropped more points than we did last year but were still top would you see that as a massive improvement?

I don’t understand why you are equating how much we have improved by with the form of another team - which other than 4 games is completely out of our control.

Is "the manager should be publicly naming and shaming players today" letting off steam. I am all for people letting off steam as I said when I posted this thread.

Edit: misread araknoids thread. Apologees
Yes I believe it is.
People will post things on here while angry that they don't actually mean.

The league isn't over, the players aren't crap and Gerrard is doing a good job.

People are angry with the performance over the last few games, that's all I'm saying.
We need to turn it around and we need to do it soon.

Of course we can beat them at Ibrox. We made an arse of the first game, chucked away the cup final and then bossed them. It's not the games against them that are the big concern.

Repeatedly failing to take points away from home is a problem.

I haven't said anywhere that the league is over, but I cant see where the optimism from some is coming from based on the performances this squad have managed over the last year. We need additions to give ourselves the best chance of stopping them this season.

Hardly repeatedly in football terms - we have dropped points away from home 3 times this season. One of those arguably due to a poor referring performance.

It's the 1st semi serious challenge post Mhankies game. We failed spectacularly...same as we did last year. This wasn't an anomaly today.

All the good work and 3 points at Parkhead negated against the worst side we will face in he league.

People are quite right to vent anger at that performance.

The last 3 league wins we've had finished

2008-09 - Drew 8 lost 4
2009-10 - Drew 9 lost 3
2010-11 - Drew 3 lost 5

Its Jan 26th we've drawn 2 lost 2 and are one home win vs St Johnstone away from being 2points off the top

We have 3 possibly 4 home games in a row depending on when the game in hand is. They have 4 games away from home out of 5.

They rely on edouard just as much as we do with morelos and Tav. If he was to be ruled out for any length of time they would crumble. Season isn't over. We've just had a set back
That post has actually made me feel a bit better. Sanity is needed

It's the 1st semi serious challenge post Mhankies game. We failed spectacularly...same as we did last year. This wasn't an anomaly today.

All the good work and 3 points at Parkhead negated against the worst side we will face in he league.

People are quite right to vent anger at that performance.

One bad result loses a cup....not the league at this stage

People are allowed to come on here after such a terrible performance and speak of what was particularly bad etc but some of the posts are just absolutely ridiculous. Get behind the team and keep believing, there's a long way to go and surely nobody thought there wouldn't be slips. I'm not saying don't voice opinion but the ones that are going mental need to calm it. Feck me
WATP

That’s a fair point but how many did Celtic drop points in during that period?

Both us and Celtic had only dropped points in 3 games before today. Realistically, they’re not going to drop many points in the remaining games this season
Neither will we.
We lost today and it hurts but we can't just chuck it. Keep going and keep as close to them as possible.
We were never going to go the rest of the season winning every game.

Good sentiments, though being asked to keep calm next to an image of Liam Gallagher suggests we better keep calm or else!

When the manager says that there are up to 8 passengers in the team and that they are not playing to his instructions (and in god knows how many years of following Rangers, I can’t recall a Rangers manager indicting his players like this) then clearly there are serious problems. So I think that shall we say a degree of concern among the support is justified. Yes of course title winning teams have lost games and always will, but we are now at the defining point of our season. Calmness yes but also direct and ruthless action are needed urgently to turn this round.

Sadly we don’t need to beat our previous points totals we need the most points in the league. We could have an amazing season especially compared to last year and still not win it.

Your right mate, some of the drivel been posted on facebook last night was embarrassing. We have a large section of fair weather fans by the looks of things.

this was our chance to see them on the ropes by going ahead of them and put the pressure on them. I don't believe its over by any stretch but by god we make things hard for ourselves.

Think its the modern way that everything is an extreme of brilliant or awful. We are not a good enough team to go a seaon winning all games and have had far better team playing far worse teams and not winning

Just going off on tangents now.

I think we need additions to this squad to win the league. If we dont get them, I hope I am completely wrong.

See you in May.

"see you in May" now you actually sound like you want us to lose the league so that you've made yer point. Feck me

If you can’t see that we are much better this season than we were last season then you’re an idiot who knows nothing about football.

We’ve dropped points 4 times this season ffs.

We are better in every single regard.

Back