Do we expect that lot to drop points?

I think after Jones red card in the old firm that Gerrard has decided that he's not for him, maybe feels like he can't trust him and doesn't like his attitude.

Two poor signings. Neither have ever shown enough to suggest they’re good enough to play for us.

However there will need to be a replacement as that will be 3 left wingers out.

Not surprised one bit by the news.

Already you are seeing the crumbling remains of Mark Allen's tenure being shown the door.

Mediocre players not good enough for us won't be tolerated anymore.

Looks like Gerrard has had enough of it fair play it's about time.

Said it very recently the summer transfer window wasn't what Gerrard wanted he demanded quality from his DOF and was given quantity over quality and barely an 18 man squad to trust who are good enough to take us to 55.

Our incomings could be crucial in the coming days. At least 2 or 3 quality additions are required at the very minimum.

Now announce some quality signings please.

Last edited:
Jones not really been given much of a chance would be a shame for him to leave, however ojo and barker are better off elsewhere

Barker is no surprise.. commented on here a few times that he has not been seen in training since Stranaer game.

Jones appears to be a strange one...but some rumours have always persisted that he is a bit too cocky for his own good.

Hopefully we are bringing in 2 attackers now and a CM

Should have been done at start of window though

Stupidness getting rid of jones without a good replacement jones has alot more to offer than ojo

Gerrard clearly isn't impressed with Jones's attitude and application mate.

If this is true (and I think it may well be) then there will be a replacement coming in.

As it stands, Kent, Aribo, Stewart, Ojo and possibly Middleton are what we have left for the forward positions off the striker.

One more of good quality would be ideal.

Either Gerrard is absolutely fuming at Jones for that tackle or he's staying

He definitely has something to offer to us, so it's can't be a talent thing

Don't think that SG has ever forgiven him for that game against them.

I'd be very surprised if Jones is being punted for that alone. It's not as if Steven Gerrard's career didn't pass without regrettable incidents (i.e getting sent off against Man Utd less than a minute after coming on).

Watching the training videos Jones seems to be a bit of joker. I'd wager on it being an attitude problem if we are looking to get rid.

Not surprised one bit by the news.

Already you are seeing the crumbling remains of Mark Allen's tenure being shown the door.

Mediocre players not good enough for us won't be tolerated anymore.

Looks like Gerrard has had enough of it fair play it's about time.

Said it very recently the summer transfer window wasn't what Gerrard wanted he demanded quality from his DOF and was given quantity over quality and barely an 18 man squad to trust who are good enough to take us to 55.

Our incomings could be crucial in the coming days. At least 2 or 3 quality additions are required at the very minimum.

Now announce some quality signings please.
Good post.
My thoughts also.

If this is true (and I think it may well be) then there will be a replacement coming in.

As it stands, Kent, Aribo, Stewart, Ojo and possibly Middleton are what we have left for the forward positions off the striker.

Hastie being recalled, supposidly.

Middleton going as well, Hastie back and 1cin maybe?

Barker should never have been signed in the first place. Never good enough for us in a million years.

Jones, I never saw the fuss in at Kilmarnock. An average footballer with pace given the chance of a lifetime and repaid the club by putting himself out of football for four months in a pathetic attempt to gain applause from the crowd. At least kissing the badge would've simply embarrassed him rather than injured him.

Jones a loan at most, surely?

I honestly don’t think it makes sense to move him unless we have proper quality coming in. I like Jones but give me one excellent player over three squad players any day.

Rangers hope to offload wide men Brandon Barker and Jordan Jones this week – and allow manager Steven Gerrard to make one new signing for the title race.

Record Sport understands the two wingers - who were both recruited last summer - are already considered surplus to requirement by Gerrard as the Ibrox side head into the second half of the campaign trailing Celtic by five points.

And clubs south of the border have been alerted to their availability as the clock races down to Friday’s night’s deadline.

Gerrard has already trimmed his numbers since the turn of the year with Eros Grezda, Andy King and Jamie Murphy all moving on.

Gerrard wants to offload two more players to bring one more in (Image: SNS Group)
Now Barker and Jones could join the exodus as the manager conducts a mid-season mini-reshuffle.

It’s understood Gerrard has not given up hope of adding to his squad - and has identified at least one priority target - but any last minute business may depend upon freeing up more money from the club’s current wage bill.

With Barker in particular believed to be earning in excess of £10k a week, Gerrard is keen to get better value for money as the title chase goes down to the wire.

Wouldnt be particularly sad to see either go. Not convinced either suit the way we play or are good to enough to play out style.

Would leave us short on options

Jones is a very average player - he is the best of a bad bunch including Ojo and Barker.

None of those will be a miss - however these were all low risk “cheap” signings so haven’t really hurt us financially.

Apologies if i am wrong but has Gerrard not hinted a while ago at Jones attitude not being up to the mark? He's a decent player but no more than that.

I'd be very surprised if Jones is being punted for that alone. It's not as if Steven Gerrard's career didn't pass without regrettable incidents (i.e getting sent off against Man Utd less than a minute after coming on).

Watching the training videos Jones seems to be a bit of joker. I'd wager on it being an attitude problem if we are looking to get rid.
heard a few rumours that he has an attitude problem,and that could well be the reason that he appears to be for the off.

Back