Do we expect that lot to drop points?

I’ve been consistent from day one, Mark Allen was a total fraud and stockpiling average footballers was going to cost us.

Got stick then, will probably get stick now but I stand by it.

You're like a broken record with the Mark Allen chat, you seem to have an obsession over it.

He was also in charge when we signed:
Arfield
McGregor
Katic
Goldson
Barisic
Kamara
Kent
Defoe
Davis
Aribo
Helander

Who gets the credit for those transfers? Presumably the manager or someone else because it doesn't fit your anti-Allen stance.

Barker can go anytime he likes , he has done nothing, a waste of money and a jersey.

I would punt Ojo as well to save money as he is just a small step above Barker .

Jones I thought had some credit banked for later on, before his stupid injury he was doing very well and was a regular who offered an attacking option- Which I think is exactly what we are missing.
He also played well in Europe , if he leaves I will be very surprised as he looked a good signing.
I Think this would prove to be a mistake.

Rangers hope to offload wide men Brandon Barker and Jordan Jones this week – and allow manager Steven Gerrard to make one new signing for the title race.

Record Sport understands the two wingers - who were both recruited last summer - are already considered surplus to requirement by Gerrard as the Ibrox side head into the second half of the campaign trailing Celtic by five points.

And clubs south of the border have been alerted to their availability as the clock races down to Friday’s night’s deadline.

Gerrard has already trimmed his numbers since the turn of the year with Eros Grezda, Andy King and Jamie Murphy all moving on.

Gerrard wants to offload two more players to bring one more in (Image: SNS Group)
Now Barker and Jones could join the exodus as the manager conducts a mid-season mini-reshuffle.

It’s understood Gerrard has not given up hope of adding to his squad - and has identified at least one priority target - but any last minute business may depend upon freeing up more money from the club’s current wage bill.

With Barker in particular believed to be earning in excess of £10k a week, Gerrard is keen to get better value for money as the title chase goes down to the wire.

:eek:

Gerrard clearly isn't impressed with Jones's attitude and application mate.

If this is true (and I think it may well be) then there will be a replacement coming in.

As it stands, Kent, Aribo, Stewart, Ojo and possibly Middleton are what we have left for the forward positions off the striker.

One more of good quality would be ideal.
Yeah there has been rumours he’s not impressed with his attitude and that he thinks he’s too cocky. Let’s hope we have something lined up with Jones going

OK, I'll say it.

I think SG is a little unforgiving sometimes and is a bit too much like Souness regarding man management.

Ironic, as that's what I was hoping for!

We better get someone good in... I'm not necessarily a fan of both (although Jones is better than Barker) but we'd be losing squad depth if we don't get someone. I trust Gerrard though so here's hoping...

I’d get jones out and get jones in from Liverpool. I’d get barker out and try to get another young English singer in, maybe smith-Rowe at arsenal or something.
Edit just seen he is out on loan already.

Hopefully Barker goes, Jones for me is a bit hit and miss. Hopefully it opens the door for another quality forward.

If Jones, Barker, Middleton and Doc all go on top of the players already away then surely we are looking at least 2 coming in of genuine quality. I’m not sure of the squad numbers if the four above go but our bench will look really weak.

Record is saying Brandon Barker is on excess of £10,000 a week.

Surely to fúck that's not true.

The lad was at Man City mate and all the big teams down there pay silly money for younger players. Was there the last 4 years probably on 15-20k a week. Waste of money too in my opinion.

Jones proved himself a decent option pre-injury.

Can only think there are serious off-field issues with him.

Yeah there has been rumours he’s not impressed with his attitude and that he thinks he’s too cocky. Let’s hope we have something lined up with Jones going
I think it rips out of Jones and he doesn’t have the talent to back it up and get away with it. I’m still perplexed as to why we signed him and the less said about Barker the better, he is awful.

Barker was a crazy signing, never good enough for us.

Hopefully a bit of quality coming in, although time is running out.

Recall Hastie and keep Middleton.

Punt Jones and Barker to bring someone else in.

Would like to keep Jones though tbh.

Barker was obviously no more than a body in for the position when it looked like the Kent deal was dead.

Jones actually pleasantly surprised me early season and thought he had something to bring to the squad. Defo more to it than purely football performance.

It is down abundantly obvious that for all the squad building focus there is only a group of 15 players Gerrard trusts. I suspect and hope if one does come in it will be someone that goes into the starting 11 right away.

Leaving us extremely light in the wide areas unless we bring people in.

Rumoured recalling of Hastie and Middleton already back arent enough.

Saying that, it's the record, how would they know? Unless someone has leaked it to them.

You're like a broken record with the Mark Allen chat, you seem to have an obsession over it.

He was also in charge when we signed:
Arfield
McGregor
Katic
Goldson
Barisic
Kamara
Kent
Defoe
Davis
Aribo
Helander

Who gets the credit for those transfers? Presumably the manager or someone else because it doesn't fit your anti-Allen stance.
That's what baffles me with a number of people on here . Mark Allen is shite and useless now that he's gone and is held responsible for any signings that didn't work out whilst ignoring the successes in the market that he may or may not have had a part in. No one knows for sure who was responsible for them signing but I'm sure Gerrard would have the biggest say.
Of course our new DOF is the dugs balls and a total genius because we are getting players off the books that may or may not have been sold anyway regardless of whether he was here or not.

Jones was looking good when he played until his injury against them. I’d like to see him given another crack... quite exciting at the thought of someone coming in tho

Barker was obviously no more than a body in for the position when it looked like the Kent deal was dead.

Jones actually pleasantly surprised me early season and thought he had something to bring to the squad. Defo more to it than purely football performance.

It is down abundantly obvious that for all the squad building focus there is only a group of 15 players Gerrard trusts. I suspect and hope if one does come in it will be someone that goes into the starting 11 right away.
There's one thing football wise ojo should be away before jj that's for sure

Both were big punts.

Barker has been abysmal and clearly looks like injuries have kill his career.

Jones did well in Europe but had that kick out against the bheasts, got injured, had a bad game on return and that appears to be the end of that punt.

Not unhappy at either moving on in all honesty as long as we have something lined up. Hopefully get a fee for Jones.

Barker should never have been signed in the first place. Never good enough for us in a million years.

Jones, I never saw the fuss in at Kilmarnock. An average footballer with pace given the chance of a lifetime and repaid the club by putting himself out of football for four months in a pathetic attempt to gain applause from the crowd. At least kissing the badge would've simply embarrassed him rather than injured him.
Showed a good bit of quality with his deliveries into the box pre injury, Legia Warsaw game especially. He at least had more ability than Barker and would be a decent squad option. I'd rather bring him on for Ojo, albeit he plays on the opposite side of the pitch.

They’ll definitely drop points, tougher run of games for them coming up. Just down to us to make sure we don’t drop anymore silly ones and get the 3 points come the next old firm

Jones proved himself a decent option pre-injury.

Can only think there are serious off-field issues with him.

I'll hazard a guess he doesn't have the ability to play the inside forward role.

If it was a counter attacking game then believe it or not he could be useful on the left flank but it's just a case of him not being up to the required standard the management want plus the whole wiping out Bauer and ending up injuring himself would have done him no favours either.

Bottom line is we need genuine quality game changers in our squad. We need to move on from hyping up bog standard players it's like being back post 2012 all this pandering over mediocre players who contribute nothing for us.

The days of that are over it even cost Mark Allen his job a few months ago.

The high standards are back at the club and the players coming in should all be of a similar standard/calibre aswell imo that's vital and crucial if we are to win the league just my take on it.

If we are having a mini reshuffle and rethinking our strategy to get better players in then I'm all for it.

Last edited:
Where's the guy who posted the thread comparing the line-up in Warburton's last match with what we've got now? A tad premature, I'd say.

Record is saying Brandon Barker is on excess of £10,000 a week.

Surely to fúck that's not true.
I just cant see that kind of contract being signed off by Robertson, Gerrard or the board. It would also make it impossible to ever move him on, I.e. he will never ever leave if that's the case.

Back