Oswald's Glasgow

Oswalds a great wee pub, watched the Hibs game in there and was in the night before our game at Parkhead.
Definitely recommend it.

dont think this is a recent thing ,a couple of years ago when we beat the sheep at Ibrox a couple of weeks before xmas, the mentally challengeds game at motherwell was an early kick off, i got in for a pint and their game was 3-3 in the last minute or so, gets to the bar to order a drink and big cheer goes up, i assumed a winner for motherwell, nah ,mentally challengeds had won it at the death,changed my opinion of that pub that day, i do realise that they can drink where they like, but i would have thought a pub that has a reputation of being a bears minded pub could make things uncomfortable for mentally challengeds to visit, seemingly this isnt the case
Is it not Walter Smith that owns the Toby?

Oswalds a cracking bar a was in it on Sunday night for a few good to see a bears pub in the city centre

WATP

I was in 2 saturdays ago with the wife (no pics)

It’s like a kinning Park pub in the town. Some familiar faces from the games when we were in, Rangers songs being played and an all round good atmosphere. I’ll definitely be back in and can see it being a regular place of mine when I’m in town.

Heading over on this Friday and staying the weekend so il be partaking in a few pints in here. How far is this from Charing Cross as im staying there?

Heading over on this Friday and staying the weekend so il be partaking in a few pints in here. How far is this from Charing Cross as im staying there?

depends what bit of Charing Cross you are staying mate.

Premier Inn

premier in Elmbank street is nearer the top of the town and Oswalds is the bottom of it. Both are on the west side of town. It’s probably about a 15 minute walk

What other ones are there ?
Toby jug and the auctioneers are about it and even they are not real Rangers bars? The thing is, rangers fans don’t just go out all night to rangers bars with strips and sing rangers songs, when we go out at weekend for a normal night out we go to normal bars, mentally challengeds are a different breed hence the amount of republican hell holes in town.

Toby jug and the auctioneers are about it and even they are not real Rangers bars? The thing is, rangers fans don’t just go out all night to rangers bars with strips and sing rangers songs, when we go out at weekend for a normal night out we go to normal bars, mentally challengeds are a different breed hence the amount of republican hell holes in town.

They're more subtle than us. They have Irish bars that are 'inclusive' but in reality mainly cater for tims. Any bars we have tend to be all out loyalist or Rangers. We really need some 'in between' type pubs in the city. Ones that attract all types of people for night's out but make it clear its a bluenose bar. A challenging situation.

Great wee pub, fantastic atmosphere when the Bears play and tunes on, £3 a pint is superb and all without having the cheap gimmicks and giveaways of other places.

Sounds like good place i"ll need yo get a few beers in it. The royalty bar is good

Watched the friendly v L Tashkent in Oswalds recently, decent wee (really wee) pub, a good crowd of bears in and the tunes on. Didn't know it had an upstairs.

Good guy Brian not afraid to nail his colours to the mast

Unfortunately his effort at a nightclub in Bell Street in the Merchant City (Kavalii) is now closed. It is now being turned into yet another 'irish' pub, this one is going to be called Murphy's. Right next door to that other hovel Connolly's. I make that 5 'irish' pubs in the Merchant City.

This new effort is from the same clique of McGeady's pals who run the Black Dove in Shawlands. No idea whether he is the money behind it or not.

You heard it here first.

Merchant City is now officially a no go area unfortunately.

Unfortunately his effort at a nightclub in Bell Street in the Merchant City (Kavalii) is now closed. It is now being turned into yet another 'irish' pub, this one is going to be called Murphy's. Right next door to that other hovel Connolly's. I make that 5 'irish' pubs in the Merchant City.

This new effort is from the same clique of McGeady's pals who run the Black Dove in Shawlands
. No idea whether he is the money behind it or not.

You heard it here first.

Hopefully as successful. Went bust 18 months ago

They're more subtle than us. They have Irish bars that are 'inclusive' but in reality mainly cater for tims. Any bars we have tend to be all out loyalist or Rangers. We really need some 'in between' type pubs in the city. Ones that attract all types of people for night's out but make it clear its a bluenose bar. A challenging situation.

Isnt that what The Auctioneers is? Appreciate that is only one pub mind you.

will need to pop in for a beer or two, up the stairs used to be dunkie macs disco, he was a kind of older white mr t, anyone who knew him will know what i mean.

This new effort is from the same clique of McGeady's pals who run the Black Dove in Shawlands. No idea whether he is the money behind it or not.

You heard it here first.

not many celtic/republican bars left in the barras/gallowgate as the try and change the image, hence the merchant city getting more irish type bars.

QUOTE="northside blue, post: 5208758, member: 6901"]
not many celtic/republican bars left in the barras/gallowgate as the try and change the image, hence the merchant city getting more irish type bars.
[/QUOTE]
the last time i passed down that way,(about 6 weeks ago) there still looked plenty of their pubs around

Back