Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Jesus H Christ, wtf is wrong with these people. Roll on the documentaries.

If anybody has done this at my club, which I very much doubt, I want them named, shamed and jailed and the appropriate compensation and apology issued.

That is what normal people should be thinking.

Sick of this shitey wee country. Calling all young bears, get yourself into Scottish politics, law and media and let's take OUR COUNTRY BACK.

The question should be who didn’t know unfortunately in the case of Andy Woodward,they all knew was word round the camp fire.

They will be like a band of brothers, for all the wrong reasons. Its really sad when you think about it but theyve all stuck together, better times are on the way for them all and they will make it will happen.

Last edited:
Continued

There are times when you feel down yourself, and it’s hit me financially – I’ve got my own business, and it’s had a bit of a negative impact on that, because obviously there was the criminal process and the civil process as well, so it’s a lot to deal with in such a short amount of time.”

Webster says that if somebody asked her now whether they should report their abuse, she “wouldn’t be sure whether I would advise them to, because I know they would probably get some abuse on social media. I’m not entirely convinced that the authorities would support them, it’s awful to even say that but it’s true.”

She says that what people don’t understand, is that when survivors talk about the abuse they suffered, “it triggers exactly the same feelings you were made to feel by the perpetrator, like you were wrong or you were nothing, like you had no identity, your self-worth, you didn’t have any worth, you weren’t worthy of anything. It takes you back to that moment when you feel like you’re the one in the wrong, you’re worthless.”

The young player was soon feted as a future star, even as his champion abused him in secret. He made his first team debut at 16: the youngest player in the club’s history. He still holds that record. But just a year later, he was diagnosed with a blood disorder and suffered from temporary arthritis. He was told that he might have caught the infection from Bennell. “That, for me, is one of the hardest things.”

I feel sick to my stomach.... Ill have to read rest later. Thanks for highlighting the part about the celtic connection as struggled to read rest after reading that.

The young player was soon feted as a future star, even as his champion abused him in secret. He made his first team debut at 16: the youngest player in the club’s history. He still holds that record. But just a year later, he was diagnosed with a blood disorder and suffered from temporary arthritis. He was told that he might have caught the infection from Bennell. “That, for me, is one of the hardest things.”

I feel sick to my stomach.... Ill have to read rest later. Thanks for highlighting the part about the celtic connection as struggled to read rest after reading that.
It’s not nice at all. This is why we need to find every perpetrator and every apologist and bring them to justice.

Maybe so and I admit I have always thought that with Lennon.

Being a friend of someone who has been abused by Torbett,you would think so and know things,but I didn’t and Andy did not disclose till about 3/4 years ago.

I don’t know and can’t speak for Lennon but him and Andy Woodward walked in the same shoes and were close enough for him to be asked to be Andy’s best man at his wedding.

For the people that have been on here over recent months saying we are wasting our time? Just hear that lady’s voice please.
That’s why we won’t give up. That disgusting excuse of a football club have destroyed lives. The bastards have to be brought to their knees for their attempted coverup of the biggest football scandal in world football.
I hope the families and victims of this terrible sexual abuse really do get an inquiry no matter how long it takes they deserve to see justice and to be able to move on with their lives, it’s a disgrace that still the government refuse to acknowledge what went on at that rancid club for decades.

I could only read a little bit of Andy Woodward’s story couldn’t read all it just too harrowing my heart goes out to him and all the others who were abused what a terrible thing to have lived with all those years just terrifying what went on.

Mr.james dornan is a pillar of the community and has stated many times,of his meetings with peter lawwell and the victims,to seek justice for them and punishment for the perpetrators of glasgow celtic fcs boys club.
Mr dornan is a salt of the earth guy and would never do anyone a bad turn or bad mouth anyone.

Regards

H.christian.anderson

It’s not nice at all. This is why we need to find every perpetrator and every apologist and bring them to justice.
Reading that this morning has haunted me all day, imagine living it day after day, breaks my heart no matter what religion, colour or background.
Sitting thinking about it, I can't imagine another organisation that have 4 convicted pedophiles and not have police tape shrouding the place.
This could have been stopped, maybe if it was highlighted back in the 60s. People like bennall wouldn't have had a chance.

All what ifs...

Last edited:
Reading that this morning has haunted me all day, imagine living it day after day, breaks my heart no matter what religion, colour or background.
Sitting thinking about it, I can't imagine another organisation that would have 4 convicted pedophiles and not have police tape shrouding the place.
This could have been stopped, maybe if it was highlighted back in the 60s. People like bennall wouldn't have had a chance.

All what ifs...
You’re first sentence says it all. Wee boys going to play football. Wee boys that were obviously talented to be involved with the clubs involved. No idea about religion, and just loved a ball at their feet.
When you meet these young boys who are now obviously adults and hear their stories, then believe me it’s heartbreaking.
Especially when you hear how it has affected their lives. What’s more heartbreaking is watching Celtic Football Club deny their involvement with their boys club. Even though they knowingly re-employed a known perpetrator.
A lot of posters have either stated on the forum or contacted us personally saying they can’t read on reference my last big post. I urge you to do so. I’ve cried. I’ve also cried when these brave individuals have spoke to us. It’s the natural reaction of any normal human being.
And your last sentence also said it all. It could have been stopped. I can only speak from experience when arguing this point with the Scottish government. They know exactly what’s happened.
I’m not political in anyway, but our responses from certain individuals within that government and others from other political party’s who put their allegiances before justice is downright disgusting.

Last edited:
How can anyone take anything James Dornan says seriously? His conduct on social media is inappropriate. He's made a fool of himself several times. And yet he's pushing himself as a champion for abuse survivors.
Dornan and Useless have been overtly tribal on social media. Their opinions obviously formed due to Celtic allegiances. The have also ignored victims of abuse. They treat them with disdain.
How can Dornan possibly be trusted by abuse survivors. If anything he comes over as someone who will protect Celtic's "good name" at all costs. His involvement will be about damage limitation. I believe he wants to keep a lid on this scandal, and make it go away as quickly and quietly as possible.
Unfortunately for Dornan he's incompetent with zero skills of persuasion. He's not capable of making anything go away quickly and quietly.
The guys on here working for survivors are doing great work. While Dornan and the Scottish Government aim to make the scandal go away the survivors and their support network won't let them. With this level of determination justice, real justice is possible. No matter what opposition the Scottish Government have. Human compassion over reputations, tribal allegiances and politics every time.

You’re first sentence says it all. Wee boys going to play football. Wee boys that were obviously talented to be involved with the clubs involved. No idea about religion, and just loved a ball at their feet.
When you meet these young boys who are now obviously adults and hear their stories, then believe me it’s heartbreaking.
Especially when you hear how it has affected their lives. What’s more heartbreaking is watching Celtic Football Club deny their involvement with their boys club. Even though they knowingly re-employed a known perpetrator.
A lot of posters have either stated on the forum or contacted us personally saying they can’t read on reference my last big post. I urge you to do so. I’ve cried. I’ve also cried when these brave individuals have spoke to us. It’s the natural reaction of any normal human being.
And your last sentence also said it all. It could have been stopped. I can only speak from experience when arguing this point with the Scottish government. They know exactly what’s happened.
I’m not political in anyway, but our responses from certain individuals within that government and others from other political party’s who put their allegiances before justice is downright disgusting.

Or the sheer number of kids who would never have been abused had it been dealt with by calling the police from day one. Makes me shudder to think

Exactly pal, there are more than a few people out there in the media, politicians etc who should be hanging their heads in shame these cvnts and I'm sorry that's what they are have children, grandchildren would they really have this stance if it happened to one of them are they that low. I'm disgusted that people/companies can defend them

i sometimes wonder if he knows and thats why he's had problems in the past
I actually wonder if it is more than that and if he was also abused. Not making excuses for his past behaviour but would explain a lot. He is now so entwined with celtic tho i doubt he would say anything to upset them and by coming out and saying bennell abused him and now the link to them that would happen. A sort of stokholm syndrome.
Whatever the truth I hope that it all comes out and all the victims and their families get justice.

let’s wait and see what a national broadcaster down south has planned in ch4.

It’s blatantly to do with the abuse,it’s how deep they have dug and who far they want to go with this,and will they try connect us as Timmy Thomson is certainly no friend of ours as he has shown in the past.

Like a poster has said above,I have no doubt Dornan will be his source and govt official go to guy imo.

I would be vigilant with these two above trying to be some morale compass here.

Just over 2 weeks ago we were told this programme was coming from a reliable source. We were sworn to secrecy as filming was still ongoing.
Some may remember last week a poster came on and caused confusion as people thought it was the documentary. It wasn’t, it was channel 4 news.
What we’ve been told is filming has been going on for 3 months and it is definitely on this issue.
Others will come on here and confirm what I’m saying also.
I hope you all understand why we couldn’t say anything. The words that were used were do not let this out as it could jeopardise everything. Under no circumstances could we say anything as it would have affected the programme being aired.
We were told it would air within 3 weeks, so going by the recent tweets filming must be complete.
We apologise that we couldn’t say anything. A lot of work has gone into this and no way were we going to jeopardise the programme being aired.

Yes BN it’s defo related to the abuse,it looks like an attempt to get the jump on the documentary on the way which suggests that itself is not far away.

So it will be a special report segment I would imagine with Thompson getting his input from Dornan,that’s a guess by me on going by his smarmy tweet the other day,this will show in the next couple weeks we think.

Yes BN it’s defo related to the abuse,it looks like an attempt to get the jump on the documentary on the way which suggests that itself is not far away.

So it will be a special report segment I would imagine with Thompson getting his input from Dornan,that’s a guess by me on going by his smarmy tweet the other day,this will show in the next couple weeks we think.
It could be sooner than that BB. To break the cover today must mean it’s imminent. It’s the weekend as well so too late to get the courts involved. Monday’s channel 4 news could be interesting.

Back