Six months of hard work blown inside three weeks

I think the squad is good enough.

Gerrard is incapable of changing things, that the issue.

This squad is not good enough to get us over the line.

Celtic have just went 18/18 points and scored 22 goals. 4 of the games away from home.

We've just went 10/18 points and scored 7 in the same time. We've not won a point away from home.

That's not just on the manager.

Sickening result tbh

As you say at 1-0 with 76 mins played we should not be losing that game ffs

The ref was as usual scared to give easy decisions in favour of us but decided not to act

That was a handball for their equaliser

Also Alfie was pushed and his goal the player makes a meal of the light contact

Beaton after his family getting police protection is not capable of officiating against OF teams

He gives us nothing and them everything so he’s tainted

Only a miracle can help us this season and we unfortunately have blown it again

We were so slow and sloppy in the second half, we needed a change around the 55/60 minute mark. Hagi was doing nothing, Kent was invisible. Aribo just coasting we needed more, this is why we have a bench we need to utilise our options a lot more. I have to agree the league is gone through our own failings. Absolute gutting.

We shat the bed when it mattered most at Tynecastle.

I knew it that day and sadly the wheels have come off since then .

That's two seasons in a row we have fucked ourselves when it got a bit tickly.

That poses serious questions all round.

Any acceptable bid for any player and they can go IMO.

There is not a single 'untouchable' player at the club.

Take Kent. You offer me £8-10m for Kent right now and I'd seriously consider it. He's a good player potentially a really good player. He's not a ruthless player. When push comes to shove, he's not dragging us over the line to victory.
Neither is Morelos for that matter.

Tonight proved that. 1 glaring opportunity to play a team mate in on goal to go 2 nil up and kill the game.....be balloons it into orbit by shooting. Another glaring chance with a header that a 20m plus striker HAS to bury. He then tops it off by diving and getting booked. The club should fucking hammer him with a substantial fine for that.

It sums us up and has done since Gerrard came in the door.

Very rarely have we had a full 90 minutes good performance. Both seasons have been full of a shite 45 minutes, a half time ball kicking then a blitz in the second half or the other way about; blitz in the first half then try and coast the second.

It’s game management. Have no idea how he doesn’t bring in Davis for Hagi tonight, push up Aribo and let Davis and Jack control the tempo and game at 1-0 up.

We all accepted that Gerrard would learn and he would get time to do so. We’re deep into the 2nd season and the same issues are appearing. I’m not advocating him leaving and think he will come good, but I’d be lying if I said his inability to learn from his mistakes and the time taken for that isn’t worrying.

The Motherwell game has scarred him when he went 352. If we don’t drop points in that game, I’m sure we would have seen that formation more but again, his inability to switch shape either in game or for specific fixtures at specific grounds is worrying.

How I long for the days where Walter Smith switched it up, put Christian Dailly right mid, confused the fans, confused the opponents and took 3 points, a clean sheet and a few goals from what can sometimes be a “hard place to go”.

You could give SG a bucket load of cash at the end of the season for players, but, 11 individuals will never win this league. Bollocks to mentality of first team players, its about desire. Get the unused players to sit in the stands and watch this p**h like a fan. Time for an attitude change.

He's spend circa £20m.
it's more than that when you add in loan signings, wages etc.
I think the money has not been spent well, but it should have been enough to beat the dross that makes up the SPFL.
I've said since SG came in this was a high wire act, risky with little chance of success.
Given the shambles he inherited and the financial gap with them it was a desperate & naive attempt to stop 10IAR. It failed!
Too many Bears are star struck with having Steve Gerrard as manager.

Last edited:
In a weird way i feel we need to lose the old firm game before the break won the last 2 and we all know what's happened after each time.

Gutting, sickening, saddening.

Another false dawn it seems.

Gerrard has done a better job than those who went before him, but that wasn’t difficult. He’s overachieved in Europe and deserves credit for that.

However, domestically, he hasn’t cut the mustard. The Tims have won the 4 trophies on offer when he’s been here and can make that 5/5 after tonight. Who’s genuinely confident we’ll go to Tynecastle and win in the SC? Can’t be many. Every chance they’ll win 6/6 in his first two seasons.

No Rangers manager should survive that. In all honesty, he couldn’t complain if he was handed his P45 tonight.

The only other thing I’d say is we as a fan base better get used to this, because unless someone invests some serious cash, it’ll be a long time before we experience another league title in my opinion. We’re absolutely nowhere near having the mentality required to win a league title and Celtic are filled with winners from 1 to 11 and beyond.

it's more than that when you add in loan signings, wages etc.
I think the money has not been spent well, but it should have been enough to beat the dross that makes up the SPFL.
I've said since SG came in this was a high wire act, risky with little chance of success.
Given the shambles he inherited and the financial gap with them it was a desperate & naive attempt to stop 10IR. It failed!
Too many Bears are star struck with having Steve Gerrard as manager.
No other Rangers manager would survive and get away with what he's getting away with.

He's not going to win us anything.

Gerrard has done a better job than those who went before him, but that wasn’t difficult. He’s overachieved in Europe and deserves credit for that.

However, domestically, he hasn’t cut the mustard. The Tims have won the 4 trophies on offer when he’s been here and can make that 5/5 after tonight. Who’s genuinely confident we’ll go to Tynecastle and win in the SC? Can’t be many. Every chance they’ll win 6/6 in his first two seasons.

No Rangers manager should survive that. In all honesty, he couldn’t complain if he was handed his P45 tonight.

The only other thing I’d say is we as a fan base better get used to this, because unless someone invests some serious cash, it’ll be a long time before we experience another league title in my opinion. We’re absolutely nowhere near having the mentality required to win a league title and Celtic are filled with winners from 1 to 11 and beyond.
until that happens we are going nowhere!!!!!!
Anyone who doesn't, or didn't, understand that is not dealing with reality.
And that was the reality when SG came in, until we have significant investment nothing changes!

We’re a one trick pony and when the trick ain’t playing or is huffing we are screwed. Gerrard should be seeing that and doing something about it.

I get we had injuries this last month but there should have been a formation change.

Last edited:
The irony is. It will probably kickstart us into decent performances

The reality is. It's all to little to late.

I took an absolute pounding for that last game in saying throwing in hagi was naive in the first half

Whilst it's not his fault for tonight. It's all a little all over the place right now

He was nowhere second half like most of the team.

Gerrard refused to change but. Again

No other Rangers manager would survive and get away with what he's getting away with.

He's not going to win us anything.

I kinda agree.
A more experienced manager would get more out of this squad but I still don't think you could win the league with it, it lacks quality among other attributes.
Unless we have more money to buy better players our chances of winning anything is limited no matter the manager.

All this talk of rookie manager Gerrard...I couldnt have even named the Killie manager...Nor could I pick him out in a crowd.

Gerrard will be lucky to manage Liverpool reserves at this rate.

He needs to take a long hard think and come up with a new plan because his ship is sinking rapidly.

It's been a long time since I have been this disappointed in a group of players and coaches. I really thought we would win the league this year.

Gerrard is surviving on his name alone.

No other Rangers manager would get away with surrendering the title before Valentine's Day two years in a row.

Gerrard can point to European results plus a year on year improvement in the squad.

Bottom line for me is that we dont have the money to put together a title winning squad against a rival with about 50% more spending power and a squad that is far deeper and more experienced.

They need to screw it up probably more than we need to over-perform. Expecting it given the circumstances is to expect the unexpected.

This team needs ripped apart in the summer. Assets needs sold and the deadwood need binned.

We need bastards in the team who simply will not accept defeat or second best. Right now, we have none except McGregor. Absolutely sick of this Rangers team losing late goals THEN pretending to care about winning the game before moaning at FT.
What assets Morelos and Barisic who else Katic??

6 weeks ago we were all planning our Title Celebrations. Now its all the blame game. We've a lot of good players, but very few winners in the squad. Trench mentality isn't there. You don't get that, signing players from Liverpool's 3rd team, from Charlton Athletic, Dundee, Oldham, Spoon burners rejects and giving new Contracts to a player nearer 40 than 30. If you sign players from that level, that is the level you become. Celtic aren't great, but are used to winning. Players said that Dubai was like another pre season. We look tired and weary.

Gerrard can point to European results plus a year on year improvement in the squad.

Bottom line for me is that we dont have the money to put together a title winning squad against a rival with about 50% more spending power and a squad that is far deeper and more experienced.

They need to screw it up probably more than we need to over-perform. Expecting it given the circumstances is to expect the unexpected.
We don't play the mentally challengeds every week.

Our squad should be more than capable of swatting aside the rest of the league like they're doing.

Any acceptable bid for any player and they can go IMO.

There is not a single 'untouchable' player at the club.

Take Kent. You offer me £8-10m for Kent right now and I'd seriously consider it. He's a good player potentially a really good player. He's not a ruthless player. When push comes to shove, he's not dragging us over the line to victory.

There’s no way we’re getting offered anywhere near that for Kent right now. I’d accept that price range for any player apart from Morelos and Barasic at the moment.

Questoned our bottle a few times then we done them at parkhead. Seems that was against the grain of our lack of ability to win important games.

League's done. It's over. Celtic will win this league by double figures in April.

That second half performance from all concerned was diabolical. Not a single pass mark. Not a single player wanting it enough. Too busy fannying about to kill the game off.

There isn't a supporter on here who will be fooled by the calvary charge at 80 minutes when it's 1-1. There isn't a supporter on here who wasn't screaming for a change before hand when we were losing every single loose and second ball in the middle of the park.

Mentally ? This team don't have it post winter break. The serious stuff starts and we absolutely cave in. Meanwhile the Yahoos have a nice wee procession of 3, 4 and 5 goal humpings against the same set of teams we're toiling against. Watch them rack up another cricket score on Sunday at a place we routinely struggle at.

To drop two points tonight would've hurt. To lose all three from where we were at 76 minutes is unacceptable

We did exactly the same against Hearts, from a winning position managed to lose the game. This team seem to bottle it everytime the pressure is on.

Europe is a free hit were the underdogs and doing well is a bonus.

Rangers managers and players are judged by winning trophies and pasting the tims.

We only appear to do decent in the big games where we are the expected underdogs then underperform against the diddy mickey mouse teams

Feck knows where we go from here. How the feck did we manage to win titles with guys like broadfoot. Edu. Jig. Etc. Maybe we need to win battles first

I didn’t think we could win the league this season, this team changed my mind on Dec 29th

Fool me once and all that, we are simply not good enough, don’t have mentality of winners

It’s thoroughly depressing and sad, it's us fans who hurt at times like these I almost feel the players and rest of club dont want it as much as we do, that’s not good enough

There's something not right in that dressing room. Player's aren't playing for each other. Morelos hasn't done anything since he came back. Our CH look like bombscares. Our midfield is far too slow and passive. Kent is becoming a one trick pony.

Europe is a free hit were the underdogs and doing well is a bonus.

Rangers managers and players are judged by winning trophies and pasting the tims.

Europe was the opposite of a free hit. We desperately needed the European money and would have been in deep trouble without it. Agree we need to win things but it's not easy against an opponent with a lot more money and a better squad. As long as we are gradually improving thats all that can realistically be demanded in my opinion.

It’s game management. Have no idea how he doesn’t bring in Davis for Hagi tonight, push up Aribo and let Davis and Jack control the tempo and game at 1-0 up.

We all accepted that Gerrard would learn and he would get time to do so. We’re deep into the 2nd season and the same issues are appearing. I’m not advocating him leaving and think he will come good, but I’d be lying if I said his inability to learn from his mistakes and the time taken for that isn’t worrying.

Agree. As do many others watching that.

I can only think that having recovered from our poor start to the 2nd half, he felt we were back in the ascendancy - and we were, to a degree.

The bench, though, doesn't inspire confidence and often feel it's a change for change's sake.

Europe was the opposite of a free hit. We desperately needed the European money and would have been in deep trouble without it. Agree we need to win things but it's not easy against an opponent with a lot more money and a better squad. As long as we are gradually improving thats all that can realistically be demanded in my opinion.
Rangers have a far bigger budget than the rest of the dregs in this league that we cant beat regularly.....cant have it both ways.

All this talk of rookie manager Gerrard...I couldnt have even named the Killie manager...Nor could I pick him out in a crowd.

Gerrard will be lucky to manage Liverpool reserves at this rate.

He needs to take a long hard think and come up with a new plan because his ship is sinking rapidly.

I have as much chance of managing Liverpool as Gerrard does, which is zero.

They are arguably the best run club in world football right now, CL champions and dominating their way to the EPL Title. They could be an absolute dynasty for years to come and even if Klopp was to leave no way are they even discussing a manager who cant win half of his games against Kilmarnock and Aberdeen with multiples of the budget.

Since the winter break, Celtic have come back at the league with a new formation and style of play that the rest of the league can't handle because it's new and they haven't yet figured out how to counter it. We came back with the same old tactic we've been using for 18 months and they all know how to counter perfectly. It's hardly a surprise that we're falling behind.

When your tactic gets found out, change it up! This 4-3-2-1 has been well and truly found out. Imagine the panic in the Kilmarnock side if we suddenly played a different system than the one they'd prepared for? But no, we do exactly what they want us to.

It's the opposite.

Gerrard has no respect for them. It never crosses his mind that they know exactly what his formation and game plan are and have been preparing for it all week. So he just rocks up with the same game plan. If he actually gave them some respect, he'd realise he could panic them by setting up differently. A 4-4-2 tonight, with Kamberi also starting would have thrown Kilmarnock's plans and multiple training sessions into disarray.

Couple of very good points here. Hard to argue with any of that.

Rangers have a far bigger budget than the rest of the dregs in this league that we cant beat regularly.....cant have it both ways.

We are solidly better than 3rd place. It's not like previous seasons where we were scrapping it out with an Aberdeen side on a 3rd of our budget and finishing behind them.

Since the winter break, Celtic have come back at the league with a new formation and style of play that the rest of the league can't handle because it's new and they haven't yet figured out how to counter it. We came back with the same old tactic we've been using for 18 months and they all know how to counter perfectly. It's hardly a surprise that we're falling behind.

When your tactic gets found out, change it up! This 4-3-2-1 has been well and truly found out. Imagine the panic in the Kilmarnock side if we suddenly played a different system than the one they'd prepared for? But no, we do exactly what they want us to.

Correct and it is their new shape/tactics which has mitigated their weaknesses (full back areas). They've figured out the weaknesses that we'd identified and exploited, changed their game and will be ironing out any problems with it before we play them.

We need to make some changes, big time.

The problem I have with that argument is we are failing against the teams who we have a much bigger budget than.

At some point you have to question why the manager keeps making the same mistakes against the shit in this league.

That’s the grown up answer.

We have a group of players who had very much overachieved up until New Year, but their lack of genuine game changing quality has been exposed since.

That quality costs money.

Agree. As do many others watching that.

I can only think that having recovered from our poor start to the 2nd half, he felt we were back in the ascendancy - and we were, to a degree.

The bench, though, doesn't inspire confidence and often feel it's a change for change's sake.

I feel it’s more a reactionary change; he almost gets too caught up in the game still thinking as a player rather than a manager. it’s like he watches the game thinking about what he would do if he was on it.

Reacting just turns to desperation. Leaving Davis on the bench when we were losing out in the midfield, then going two up top (which we’ve done a few times now) when we’ve not used that system in a winning position probably since that Motherwell game is last throw of the dice stuff.

He needs to begin using his subs, his squad and pre-empt the way the game is going and get ahead of it, especially from a winning position.

Back