How realistic is it for us to leave this league?

I really wish we could because it would totally DESTROY and finish the SFA and all the others that hate our club, would be well worth it, but will never ever happen sadly.

England aint interested.. and even if they was UEFA or FIFA would stop it.

This is why I’d rather we disappeared entirely than exist as celtics punching bag. The scum would eventually shrink to Aberdeen/hearts level if they were stuck here with zero competition for the next 30 years, papped out the EL qualifiers every season.

We should resign from the league, and just keep trying to get a start elsewhere. Maybe we’ll get in, maybe we wont. Anything’s better than this. Spend the rest of our Rangers supporting lives on the torture rack? No thanks, I’d rather be nothing. At least then we’d get to watch celtic fade away into nothing.

You can say our team was poor on the park tonight and that's true however you are living in la la land if you don't think there is an agenda with the refereeing in this country. In reality the straw broke the camels back weeks ago but tonight has me seriously considering if we could realistically pack up in Scotland and leave it to hate itself to death?
had our only major chance to do this when we got f-ucked in 2012. never ever will this happen in my lifetime now.

And when we eventually win that league and move a step closer to the premiership?

A few years in the championship, possible promotion, then up and down the leagues.
I don't get this arrogance that being Rangers would mean we'd romp the English leagues and end up challenging for the EPL, it's fantasy imo.

A few years in the championship, possible promotion, then up and down the leagues.
I don't get this arrogance that being Rangers would mean we'd romp the English leagues and end up challenging for the EPL, it's fantasy imo.

But at least the potential is there. Anything is possible given enough time. What potential do we have in Scotland?

All we need to do is find the wormhole that takes us to an alternative universe where both sides are treated equally and referees get yellow and red cards for shite decisions and I've got a Lamborghini Urus and Porsche 911 in my lockup

Its slowly but surely starting to get the better of me. The day where I chuck Scottish football is approaching. I can handle being beat on a level playing field but what is happening just now is corruption pure and simple. The support are being robbed blind. Not by the club but by the governing bodies and officials who are doing their level best to make sure we don’t win the league

But at least the potential is there. Anything is possible given enough time. What potential do we have in Scotland?

The exact same as we've had in our nearly 150 years history.
Wasn't so long ago we were saying, start in the lower leagues of Scotland, play the kids, it will be fun, it quickly became shite.
I don't see why starting in the regional leagues in England would turn out any different.

The exact same as we've had in our nearly 150 years history.

I’d disagree there. Since 2012 and the rise of nationalism our club has become the most hated institution in the country, far worse than its ever been in our history. The entire country is united against us.

Wasn't so long ago we were saying, start in the lower leagues of Scotland, play the kids, it will be fun, it quickly became shite.

I certainly never thought that. The majority of us considered the Scottish lower leagues a prison sentence.

I don't see why starting in the regional leagues in England would turn out any different.
Well we wouldn’t be the pariahs of the football league. And we wouldn’t be playing against clubs that wanted to kill us, and funding them in the process by filling out their grounds.

It's feasible but we would have to accept joining the lower reaches of the English pyramid. Probably the northern region at 6th tier. Right now I'd do it but I doubt the majority would

England would welcome us with open arms, and strong negotiations could see us parachute into a favourable league without having to go to bottom tier. The majority of bears would be in favour of this, make no mistake. This natzi country is an absolute cesspit, and we need out.

Let's get the ball rolling. Could it happen this summer or next?

h
England would welcome us with open arms, and strong negotiations could see us parachute into a favourable league without having to go to bottom tier. The majority of bears would be in favour of this, make no mistake. This natzi country is an absolute cesspit, and we need out.

Not sure if serious :confused:

You can say our team was poor on the park tonight and that's true however you are living in la la land if you don't think there is an agenda with the refereeing in this country. In reality the straw broke the camels back weeks ago but tonight has me seriously considering if we could realistically pack up in Scotland and leave it to hate itself to death?
koZeB4Y.gif

We need to fight it. I understand the knee jerk for people wanting to leave, but we cannot accept this refereeing, rather than running away from it.

Teams should be allowed to be under par and not expect the referees to be as bad as they are and basically award the opposition victory.

The mentally challengeds haven't had to put up with refereeing performances like this since they forced the referee strike. Anyone who can't see that needs help.

They never had to put up with them before the strike either mate.

They literally forged a referee to resign for making a correct call.

All tactical and planned with the end game being what we see now.

Jesus christ, how pathetic, run away to England! Maybe if our manager and club started regularly calling out officials we might get somewhere and our well paid players showed some steel at key moments in games! 6 points we've pissed away in 50 minutes or so at Hearts and Killie, all the officials faults?

never going to happen, yes our refs are atrocious but we have a rookie manager who`s faults are there for all to see. Rangers should never be a job to cut your teeth in management.

Getting out of Scottish football would be great. Next time an English club goes under we should apply to take its place Would require a lot of legal know how but we have to start somewhere.

Its slowly but surely starting to get the better of me. The day where I chuck Scottish football is approaching. I can handle being beat on a level playing field but what is happening just now is corruption pure and simple. The support are being robbed blind. Not by the club but by the governing bodies and officials who are doing their level best to make sure we don’t win the league

We may win the odd trophy in the next few years, but the set-up is now so ingrained concerning Scottish refs that it will take a Leicester-esque season from a few years back for us to ever take the title again. The dice is so loaded against us, it is now almost an impossibility.

would they f*ck .

we wouldn't go without the soapdodgers .the english leagues don't need us , the public wouldn't want us . the police wouldn't want us and that is before all the red tape of switching countries .

would they f*ck .

we wouldn't go without the soapdodgers .the english leagues don't need us , the public wouldn't want us . the police wouldn't want us and that is before all the red tape of switching countries .

England wouldn’t take celtic in a million years. Their away support would cause riots at every game and they know it. We on the other hand would fit right in with our British and GSTQ shtick.

Will not happen. Ultimately, not sure I would want it to either.

We need to get back to winning leagues and dominating domestic competition. That’s the Rangers I grew up with

Hahahahahhaha come on ffs please!

In desparate times, please remember, sensible posts only.

Jesus christ, how pathetic, run away to England! Maybe if our manager and club started regularly calling out officials we might get somewhere and our well paid players showed some steel at key moments in games! 6 points we've pissed away in 50 minutes or so at Hearts and Killie, all the officials faults?
Hearts no. Killie? Absolutely

Be careful what you wish for. Perpetual also rans in a massive league structure the vast majority of which couldn’t give two f88ks about us, them or Scottish football in any way.

I don’t remember any of this chat before Christmas when challenging for the league was a possibility. Now as soon as we start playing like absolute shite we spit the dummy and greet about leaving the league? Not a great look.

I wouldn't want to leave the league until we've won it again. Only then would it be worth consideration for being discussed again in my personal opinion

If moving leagues to England didn't happen when the EPL, Championship wasn't as strong then there is no chance now. They don't need us or them. I want us to concentrate on ourselves and getting us back to being the undisputed dominant force in Scotland

It can't happen without a massive rewrite of the rules.
Then there are all the complications brought about by playing staff.
And which players want to go from £20k per week to crowds of 50 and £50 per week in the lowest division in England?

Think I managed to

Pretty sure I managed say everything there is too know on the matter in those 2 words? Could have done it in one.

To expand, there is currently nowhere for us to go and play at the highest level. If there is any possibility in the future I would think it would a full merge of leagues or creation of new British League.

Also, why are we talking about going to a league with much better competition when we've just lost to a team fighting for a top half finish?
Thanks dav - I agree with your second paragraph about the future. It would need to be for both political and sporting reasons, but it also makes economic/financial sense. One UK FA (the FA) and one national team to support would be a dream. Clubs would be assigned a league slot decision based on stadia, support and historic performance. European performance would also be a primary indicator and based on all these things we would be in the Premiership.

Your last paragraph would be addressed by the additional resources that would come from the rewards of playing in a more appropriate league structure.

However, you would still sometimes get results like the midweek game if the team turned out with their hearts and minds barely on it.

And go where, the very bottom tiers of English football.
Stay in a league where our best bet is second?
Celtic are getting a 30 point head start every year from officials.
Considering they generally don't lose much more than 30 points its a tall order to win anything.

It can't happen without a massive rewrite of the rules.
Then there are all the complications brought about by playing staff.
And which players want to go from £20k per week to crowds of 50 and £50 per week in the lowest division in England?

If we need to downsize then so be it. We’ll slowly recover as we climb the leagues. It might take a while but christ if we can survive being in the lowest tier of scotttish football...

Stay in a league where our best bet is second?
Celtic are getting a 30 point head start every year from officials.
Considering they generally don't lose much more than 30 points its a tall order to win anything.

It’s not just officials (although after they get 10 we will be reffed to the same standard as everyone else), it’s the other teams in the league. They don’t want Scottish football to return to the days of being dominated by 2 teams. That’s why they play like their lives depended on it against us, but capitulate with a whimper against them.

never going to happen, yes our refs are atrocious but we have a rookie manager who`s faults are there for all to see. Rangers should never be a job to cut your teeth in management.
Smith and Souness, even Struth, were all rookies when the took the Rangers job.

The only way I could see it happening is in a dystopian future after a civil war and an independent Scotland.

We might get some kind of sanctuary status, or special dispensation to play in England. The same way (London)Derry City are able to play in the League of Ireland.

It's not a situation I'd want, it's just an imagined scenario.

Back