Tim's aren't that good

Topped their Europa league group, beat Lazio home and away, only dropped points in 3 games in the league, far more points than this time last year. Anyone who can't admit that they are a good side is deluded. We are a good side too, much improved on last year, we just don't have the strength in depth to consistently go on long winning runs.

The Tim's are actually not as good as they are made out to be. We could all see it before the winter break yet other teams couldn't / wouldn't act on it. They are the same team now as they were then albeit with 2 up front since coming back from the winter break. Even though they shouldn't have the option to go 2 up front as griffiths stamp should definitely have seen him facing a ban. Not to mention other flash points he's been involved in since coming back.

It's great that they aren't very good but what does that make us

What a crumb of comfort this thread has turned out to be OP.

Beaten to the league title by a Celtic team who aren't that good. What does that say about us?

In domestic terms, they're very good. Experienced at winning and intimidating to the opposition (and officials).

We're more than a match in a one-off game but lack the consistency and depth of squad.

Blaming the refs is fucking Tim paranoia, we have a team that’s meant to be good enough to deal with teams in our league, we only have to blame ourselves we’re just not good enough to win the league

%^*& it, I'll take the hit on staunch points.

Aye, they are actually quite good. They are cuffing teams and playing very good football, and Lennon has managed to change his system after the defeat on the 29th, something Gerrard has been incapable of doing. They finished top of a tough Europa League group and have amassed 8 more points and +18 goal difference on us since the break.

If we want to better them we have to be honest and strive to pull ourselves up to that level, something we were managing to do for 6 months. Delusion does us no favours.

This is it for me as well. We have been hearing how bad they are for years yet they have ran away with the league. On any given day we might be able to raise our game and beat them ...bit like Kilmarnock raise theirs to beat us.

They seem to cruise to victories on a regular basis by scoring earlier then build on the pressure. We score early but don’t often build on it.

They're battering every team in sight while we huff and puff to draws, defeats and laborious wins.

File this thread under horeshit.

I'm embarrassed by these posts. It's like players giving interviews about how we're going to win the league.

Talk is cheap, trophies are all that matter. And until we win trophies, we should shut up about Celtic.

They are going for a fourth treble so they can't be that bad. I am more worried about us and we should have been sitting on their shirt tails with the game in hand and just ready to go top of the league until we completely bottled it.

The league table speaks for itself unfortunately.

We get a good win at porkheed and we are worldbeaters.

After the January break and International football break we lose momentum. Always have.

They pick up, we don't.

Something not right here.

They’re not great at all. Best 11 v 11 we beat them on the day. We’re also tactically more astute (our European performances prove that).

But they’ve got a hugely impressive, well rounded striker. And they’ve got more strength in depth.

When it comes to playing everyone else then they are miles better than us. They never have trouble playing against the teams we struggle to beat and usually score 3, 4 or 5. Don't tell me its because teams try harder against us either because thats just nonsense.

This shite is still continuing, I see.

I say: let's treat Celtic like they're the best team in the world. Unbeatable. World beaters. Because it's only in that case that the board, coaching staff and players will rise to the challenge of beating them. Regarding your nearest opposition - a trophy and a half off winning 12 out of 12 - as not being very good is just not conductive towards actually beating them.

We had threads like this 3 trebles ago.

We keep telling ourselves how shite they are and they keep winning trophies

Everyone of Us knows that.

Every other club in SPFL shits the bed everytime they play them as if they are fcking unbeatable. It's so infuriating.

Watch next Week against Team who knows nothing about them week in week out. Bet they give them a game. Like most of their showings in Europe especially Away from Home.

In this tinpot shitehole everyone else is terrified of them.

proper refs as well, no Clancy and co to be able to influence. Lazio didn't care about the EL, that's why they won the group so easily and looking at Serie A's table, it seems Lazio made the right decision

in a game with us two, I still think with the proper tactics, we'd come out on top but we aren't consistent enough in the league hence the points difference. Obviously throwing away the refs influence which has been talked about

This is nonsense. Folk on here are claiming we are in a good place, better than last season, fewer losses than previous title winning sides, but at the same time, claiming a team 10 points ahead of us are poor.

Let's just focus on our own issues than kidding ourselves on that they are just lucky.

Topped their Europa league group, beat Lazio home and away, only dropped points in 3 games in the league, far more points than this time last year. Anyone who can't admit that they are a good side is deluded. We are a good side too, much improved on last year, we just don't have the strength in depth to consistently go on long winning runs.

Possibly the most pragmatic and realistic post since the 29th December.

This is half the battle, playing down the scum whilst believing in our own hype. They’re a better side than most give them credit for, and so they should be, the core of that side have been together for a number of years. Yes, we have played well in spells and can be a right good team on our day, but we’ve achieved f*** all.
Until we get that winning mentality about us then this is going to be the way it is unfortunately. It might only take 1 trophy, the league cup could have been that 1, but we need to win something and soon.

I've a mate of a mate etc etc who does scouting and analysis for one of the SPFL teams.

After watching them recently he said, at the moment, there's no team anywhere near them in terms of movement and attacking ability in the league.

This guy is most definitely not one of them and said it pained him to say it. He's far more qualified than most on here and that, along with the current evidence ie the table, suggests that unfortunately for us that they are actually pretty good. At least in SPFL terms.

We need to up our game big time based on the past few weeks.

proper refs as well, no Clancy and co to be able to influence. Lazio didn't care about the EL, that's why they won the group so easily and looking at Serie A's table, it seems Lazio made the right decision

in a game with us two, I still think with the proper tactics, we'd come out on top but we aren't consistent enough in the league hence the points difference. Obviously throwing away the refs influence which has been talked about

Consistency on the park for Us is a factor plus Refereeing consistency the rest of the League are afforded we ain't.

Lazio didn't give two fcks clearly about it. We've taken 4/6 off a CL Quarter Finalist last season. Same with a Dutch Eredivise side as well as a Champions League team in YB's. Plus beaten a decent Legia Team and a half decent Mijdtyland.

They just know how to steam roll teams in this league. The other teams are so used to getting battered by them that they approach the games completely different than they do us, for example.

I was saying recently - weirdly, I'm more confident in us against them than am I us against the rest of the league. Whether that be the fact that we have out played them the last few times, or the rest just penning in against us and our lack of ability to break it down. If you asked me tomorrow if, for three points, I fancied us against them or another trip to Rugby Park, I know what I'd pick.

Seems weird saying that but that's where I'm at.

We rely on one man for our goals and if he's off we're fucked.They won 5-0 last night.Their goals came from their 3 midfielders and their 2 centre halfs.5 goals and not one by their strike force against a team that bullied us and won comfortably. We are nowhere near them so let's stop deluding ourselves

This is nonsense. Folk on here are claiming we are in a good place, better than last season, fewer losses than previous title winning sides, but at the same time, claiming a team 10 points ahead of us are poor.

Let's just focus on our own issues than kidding ourselves on that they are just lucky.

Nonsense is it?

Posters should remember Far Better Rangers teams than this one have lost league titles and been beaten by nearly 20 points whilst spending 4/5 times what this side has spent.

Also Far Better Rangers teams have been embarrassed in Europe and been knocked out by August unlike this team last 2 seasons.

Considering where we were in 2012 and even till 2017/18 YES we are in a far better place and position. To suggest otherwise is nonsense as you make out.

Remember when we were really good, on our way to 9 in a row, celtc as a team and club nowhere to be seen for 7 of those seasons?
We couldn't even manage 2 straight trebles. They're heading for their 4th, all 4 of them with us in the same league.

Let's be honest here, as painful as it is, they are better than us and have that winning mentality that most of our players just don't have. When they attack from the wing their midfield makes runs into the box to support the French guy, when we attack from the wide positions hardly anybody gets into dangerous positions, we are far too predictable and if the layman can see that then every single manager with a modicum of knowledge knows it too and knows how to counter it.

Better believe it they are a good team and that so called dud Julien is better than anything we have got. Look, up until recently we were having an exceptional season , fantastic football domestically and in Europe and they still done better.

Nonsense is it?

Posters should remember Far Better Rangers teams than this one have lost league titles and been beaten by nearly 20 points whilst spending 4/5 times what this side has spent.

Also Far Better Rangers teams have been embarrassed in Europe and been knocked out by August unlike this team last 2 seasons.

Considering where we were in 2012 and even till 2017/18 YES we are in a far better place and position. To suggest otherwise is nonsense as you make out.
This thread was not about Rangers, it was a claim that the mentally challengeds are poor.

So yes, unfortunately that is complete nonsense.

They go to places like Pittodrie, Rugby Park, Tynecastle and don't batter an eye lid. We shit the bed.

After a set back they come out guns blazing and put together a run. We huff, puff and splutter.

We are miles off them.

Back