The Advocaat Years - Heart & Hand's Latest Podcast Venture

SDF

Dropped this morning. Anyone else listened to it yet ?

This series alone is going to be worth $1.99 a month. It was fantastic and they've not even got to any games yet!

80 minute break down of Walter's final season, Walter's departure, the appointment of Advocaat, the summer revolution, the comings and goings and Colin Hendry's fúcking god awful Tartan suit.

Highly recommended.

It’s good, I’m looking forward to the next one.

Completely forgot we’d signed Amato and Gio on the same day.

I'm a regular listener to the H&H podcast, but haven't subscribed yet. How do i go about it?

Sounds like this could be a pretty good listen. The summer of 98 was brilliant. I was 10 years old, football daft, France 98, Advocaat arriving and overhauling the team, my dad taking me to Tranmere for the Shelbourne game. Great days.

I'm a regular listener to the H&H podcast, but haven't subscribed yet. How do i go about it?

Sounds like this could be a pretty good listen. The summer of 98 was brilliant. I was 10 years old, football daft, France 98, Advocaat arriving and overhauling the team, my dad taking me to Tranmere for the Shelbourne game. Great days.

I'll never forget watching Numan at the WC98 knowing he was coming after the tournament-just about shat myself with excitement after seeing how good he was.

If you sign up on patreon, do you have to listen through their app? I use acast just now for podcasts

You get an RSS link you can use in your preferred option but they are available much quicker on Patreon.

Just visit https://www.patreon.com/heartandhand to sign up mare.

The Hubris Years.

The only signing I remember happening was Rod Wallace and that's because @Bluefin221 phoned to tell me and we both wondered what the hell Advocaat was playing at.

Who was the guy that wrote the book about the Advocaat years? 'Fat Eck' - Alexander something? He was a bit of a handwringer. Had his own website for a while. Used to occasionally appear in WSC whenever they wanted a Rangers fan to kick Rangers.

Back then the sky seemed the limit

There genuinely seemed to be no player in the world where, even if we didn't get him, he wouldn't seriously consider us as an option.

We were even linked with ex Tims van Hooijdonk and Collins that summer. van Hooijdonk said Numan pestered him all World Cup telling him to sign.

There was a Brazilian striker no one had heard of back then called Christian who we were willing to spend £8m on and you easily talked yourself into how it would be a great signing :D

Dropped this morning. Anyone else listened to it yet ?

This series alone is going to be worth $1.99 a month. It was fantastic and they've not even got to any games yet!

80 minute break down of Walter's final season, Walter's departure, the appointment of Advocaat, the summer revolution, the comings and goings and Colin Hendry's fúcking god awful Tartan suit.

Highly recommended.
I’ll be subscribing later today.

20 quid so can’t go wrong as it’s usually a great listen.

Looking forward to it!!

Edit: Tartan suit :D:D:D

The Hubris Years.

The only signing I remember happening was Rod Wallace and that's because @Bluefin221 phoned to tell me and we both wondered what the hell Advocaat was playing at.

Who was the guy that wrote the book about the Advocaat years? 'Fat Eck' - Alexander something? He was a bit of a handwringer. Had his own website for a while. Used to occasionally appear in WSC whenever they wanted a Rangers fan to kick Rangers.

Anderson.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/30-Clubs/4592-on-the-offensive

Back then the sky seemed the limit

There genuinely seemed to be no player in the world where, even if we didn't get him, he wouldn't seriously consider us as an option.

We were even linked with ex Tims van Hooijdonk and Collins that summer. van Hooijdonk said Numan pestered him all World Cup telling him to sign.

There was a Brazilian striker no one had heard of back then called Christian who we were willing to spend £8m on and you easily talked yourself into how it would be a great signing :D
Was he the guy at PSG at the time? The guys could probably fill a podcast just with the number of strikers we were linked with back in those days!

I went posh for the $3.99 and am loving it. Listening to it cycling in and home from work and I’ve nearly been run over on Tower Bridge as I’m laughing my arse off. Discovering that Mr Edgar is a Kilwinning man as well merely ups the impact.

Haven’t listened yet but already great value for what I’ve heard.
Looking out for a news update later David. I’ve heard something happening in NE Scotland..

Right I must be doing something wrong (as per phucking usual)

I’m doing this through my iPhone and downloaded Patreon so all good,but don’t see the yearly subscription option!

Right I must be doing something wrong (as per phucking usual)

I’m doing this through my iPhone and downloaded Patreon so all good,but don’t see the yearly subscription option!

Patreon aren’t allowing us to do a yearly subscription yet - we need ti have a demonstrable period of producing content first. In case we make lots of promises, bank the cash and don’t put any stuff out!

I'm looking forward to this as it was when I had my season ticket in the East Enclosure and used to fly up pretty regularly.

The Advocaat years coincided with the popularisation of cheap travel booked via the internet. EasyJet, Go (BA' s budget carrier) BMI, and Ryanair from Gatwick, Luton or Standstead to Glasgow or Prestwick.

The Friday night EasyJet was always delayed by two hours. I also remember a European night where I swear I touched down in Glasgow at 730pm and was in my seat by ten to eight.
I still can't believe we failed to qualify from the 2000/1 CL Group Stages.

I am really looking forward to listening.

Patreon aren’t allowing us to do a yearly subscription yet - we need ti have a demonstrable period of producing content first. In case we make lots of promises, bank the cash and don’t put any stuff out!
Job done mate.

Took the 1.99 per month option

Need to catch up on this weeks tonight then on to the subscription.

Started listening to this earlier. Was Terry Venables not on the final shortlist aswell? Seem to remember the Sunday Mail having a picture of Venables, Advocaat and Eriksson.

I’m looking forward to listening to the rest and as someone has mentioned memories of the 92/93 season when it’s done. Very happy with the subscription so far and I’d urge everyone (who can afford it) who enjoys the pod to sign up.

Was he the guy at PSG at the time? The guys could probably fill a podcast just with the number of strikers we were linked with back in those days!

That's him. PSG got him a year after we were linked with him

Im having problems signing up. I want to pay by Paypal but the paypal page never loads. I tried then to pay by CC and it says there is a problem. Ive tried from my phone, tablet and laptop. Im overseas but that obviously wont be the issue.
Is it like the secret lounge ya bunch of bams lol.......

Im having problems signing up. I want to pay by Paypal but the paypal page never loads. I tried then to pay by CC and it says there is a problem. Ive tried from my phone, tablet and laptop. Im overseas but that obviously wont be the issue.
Is it like the secret lounge ya bunch of bams lol.......

Maybe a browser issue?

Wonderful

I can't recommend the pod and new the content highly enough

The work David has put in in the last short while alone to get the service up and running is a testament to his dedication to the pod.

Would be lost without some of this stuff on commutes etc

Back