Your Team Vs Livingston?

Genuinely can't get excited for this!

Just now I don't really care who plays.
Know what you mean. I'll still be going, but after all the excitement felt during the winter break,and what has happened since, the actual makeup of the starting XI doesn't bother me.

For me Kent needs to earn a right to start, you can’t just keep playing him in the hope he plays well. That’s the reason I’m my OP that I’d change the formation and tactics and you have Kent on the bench if need be

I can't really argue with that. It's just a personal feeling but if it was Jones/Ojo/Barker I'd have no faith in them producing. With Kent there's always a chance. But like you said, that shouldn't be enough to give you a place in the team. Who would want to be a manager eh!

The team selection will be largely irrelevant unless the attitude is right and we play with the right tempo. That’s the thing I can’t rationalise since the winter break - how we have just stopped pressing and playing at a decent tempo.

The atmosphere on Saturday likely won’t be great. Plenty of disgruntled folk about. So the players had better be ready to get themselves up for the game rather than relying on us to do it for them.

My team would be:

McGregor

Tav
Katic
Edmundson
Barasic (if fit)

Hagi
Jack
Davis
Jones

Morelos
Kamberi

I feel kent and goldson has been below par since the winter break at least. Tav is lucky to be in the team but dont have a better option.

I’d try 3-5-2

McGregor
Goldson Katic Edmundson
Tavernier Jack Davis Arfield Barisic
Hagi
Morelos​

But I think it will be

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent​

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Barasic

Davis
Jack

Kent
Hagi
Jones

Morelos

Stewart for any of the 3 attacking midfielders not playing well

Kamberi if Morelos not firing

With the general atmosphere leading up to the game being understandably low and flat I'd love to see some changes in personnel and formation for walking into Ibrox on Saturday, 3 5 2 line would be good to see.

Assuming Barisic fit:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Edmundson Barisic
Jack Davis Arfield
Stewart Hagi
Morelos

Subs: Fod, Polster, Katic, Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Kamberi

I dint get this 3 at the back lobbying. Jack is our defensively minded midfielder and he’s not going to miss out. Therefore we will have 4 defensive players against, more than likely one forward and perhaps one attacking midfielder Livi team.

Halliday's use of the ball last night was chronic. His long, short passes and balls into box were awful. He was getting caught out of position in the first half and his defending at the first goal was some thing that would have seen Flanagan slaughtered.

Halliday is rotten and I couldn't care less if he's a Rangers supporter. He wouldn't get a game for Kilmarnock.
A bit harsh mate.
He would get a game for kilmarnock

I'd be stunned if he changes the system. He said that it's the players' mentality that is the issue which looks like he can't see a problem with tactics etc. Worrying!

I have no interest in the specific 11 selected at this stage.

The only requirement is, are you going to be coming off this pitch too tired for your Saturday night out.

If there are 11 of that ilk selected, we win, almost every week.

I genuinely don't have a clue what the team will be because there has to be a couple getting dropped.

Now the pressure is off we should just try something new. We wont though.

. Mcgregor
Tav Goldson Edmundson. Barasic
Jack
Davis. Arfield
Hagi

Morelos. Kamberi

Fod
Polster
Stewart
Kent
Katic

Never mind formations, has Taverniers crossing improved

If I'm not mistaken a few minutes before Alfies disallowed headed goal last night, Tav put in a great cross that Alfie should have burst the net with, instead he put it over the bar.

Last edited:
Wes

Davis Jack Aribo

Hagi

Morelos Kamberi

I think Kent needs a wee rest to regroup. McGregor is of course our best goalie and number one, but his distribution is just genuinely awful. Wes can ping a 70 yard pass and we shouldn't be having to rely on McGregor at home to Livi

mcgregor
edmundson goldson katic
arfield jack davis kamara hagi
morelos kamberi (or Stewart)

Tav and kent are off form, barasic not fit - 352 at home, ATTACK

That is our problem, we demand changes and really our squad ha

If I'm not mistaken a few minutes before Alfies disallowed headed goal last night, Tav put in a great cross that Alfie should have burst the net with, instead he put it over the bar.
Exception rather than the rule.

There will be no dramatic formation change, there will be no dropping of Kent and Aribo etc. It will be exactly the same set up with almost the exact same players.

Wes

Davis Jack Aribo

Hagi

Morelos Kamberi

I think Kent needs a wee rest to regroup. McGregor is of course our best goalie and number one, but his distribution is just genuinely awful. Wes can ping a 70 yard pass and we shouldn't be having to rely on McGregor at home to Livi
Dropping McGregor.
Give it a rest eh.

Also, this Edmundson chat will not do. Aye, we get that after Goldson it's Helander then Katic then Edmundson. But Katic should play before Edmundson. George is a rookie.

Back to the same style and formation we were using when we were destroying everyone pre Dubai.

Hopefully we are able to include Tav, Borna and Jack in the same team for the first time this year.

That's the difference.

Some of the selections on this thread border on lunacy.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
Hagi Kent
Morelos

Harsh on Arfield and Stewart, but they are excellent options from the bench.

Hopefully Defoe's rehab is still well ahead of schedule too.

Team needs a kick up the arse and some bloody bite...

McGregor
Edmundson Goldson Katic
Tav Polster Davis Jack Barasic
Morelos Kamberi

Subs: Hagi, Kent, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield, Halliday, Wes

Mcgregor
Jack Davis
Jones Hagi Kent
Morelos

Play Kent and Jones in wide roles, Hagi as dedicated CAM. I personally don’t see the need for Davis, Jack and kamara to all be playing at Ibrox against the likes of Livi.

I'm going to go against the grain here but to my mind all of our best football this season has been with a midfield three of Davis, Jack, Kamara. We fail to dominate the game with the recent more attacking combinations.

McGregor
Tav, Goldson, Katic / Edmundson, Barisic
Jack, Davis, Kamara
Hagi / Aribo, Morelos, Kent

Katic / Edmundson - tough to call, but if we dominate possession Edmundson is more effective. Dykes is a handful and has got the better of our centre halves before, they need to not get too close to him high up the park and caught out with pace as Goldson was on Wednesday.

Hagi / Aribo - I'd go with Hagi, not great on Wednesday night but he deserves another start at home and offers more of a goal threat.

This would be very harsh on Arfield who has been our best performer in recent weeks, however I still don't think he offers as much as the others in the starting front three and we need to get control of the midfield back.

I said on another thread that this is an opportunity for the manager to experiment with a new system. I’d like to see 3 at the back, Borna and Tav as wingbacks. For me Hagi needs to be in the middle I think his talents are wasted out in the wing, you can see he’s always looking for that little flick pass to put a player through - we really don’t see enough of that.

Back to the same style and formation we were using when we were destroying everyone pre Dubai.

Hopefully we are able to include Tav, Borna and Jack in the same team for the first time this year.

That's the difference.

Some of the selections on this thread border on lunacy.

McGregor
Jack Davis Kamara
Hagi Kent
Morelos

Harsh on Arfield and Stewart, but they are excellent options from the bench.

Hopefully Defoe's rehab is still well ahead of schedule too.

Should have read through before posting my own. I completely agree, we need to go back to what has given us success previously.

Mcgregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barasic

Jack
Davis
Arfield

Hagi
Morelos
Stewart

Obviously if Borna still out go with Halliday who only just pip's Flanagan. Don't see a change in formation happening. I rate Kent highly but he's bang out of form just now and needs taken out the firing line, he will come good for us I have no doubt. Stewart deserve's a chance to play hopefully Alfredo can get an early goal and start to kick on again as we badly need him to.

Back