Well done Kilmarnock

TheSpark

Their manager has vowed ‘to eradicate racism’ after the Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos was racially abused from the stands on Wednesday night.

No deflection, ifs, buts, maybes - other virtue signalling clubs, commentators and media outlets in this country could take a lesson here.

Their manager has vowed ‘to eradicate racism’ after the Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos was racially abused from the stands on Wednesday night.

No deflection, ifs, buts, maybes - other virtue signalling clubs, commentators and media outlets in this country could take a lesson here.

Decent guy

Well done the Killie fan that highlighted it on her twitter.

I'm not for a moment saying it didn't happen but we need to be careful here, all it takes is 1 Tim to put a Rangers badge on his twitter and then go on a rant accusing us of all sorts. Investigation is fine but it's a fine line between that and things actually spiralling out of control

Radio five live are reporting it on their main news bulletin. “It’s not the first time the player has been racially abused this season in Scotland”

Compare and contrast that reporting with bbc scotland‘s utter hatred of all things Rangers and particularly Alfie.

5 Live is a proper, objective radio station.

While I commend the club for their action, the real action should be getting taken by the police.It's their function to investigate hate crime.More should be done to drag the SNP government into condemning this type of behaviour.Simply wrong in a supposedly modern country.

Whoever tweeted it is insignificant, to be honest.

I'm just glad that it's being highlighted.
Definitely.

But I think it is significant in all honesty, coming from a Kilmarnock fan who heard it first hand is really significant in my opinion.

It should have been reported that way mate.

It’s a live Police incident, we won’t say anything if at all

The club have taken action however
Dave King needs to sanction the club publicly calling for a meeting of the governing bodies to counter the growing evidence of racism against our players in particular.
That there's a live Police incident is just another fig leaf for them to hide behind.
Lead from the front Rangers.

I'm not for a moment saying it didn't happen but we need to be careful here, all it takes is 1 Tim to put a Rangers badge on his twitter and then go on a rant accusing us of all sorts. Investigation is fine but it's a fine line between that and things actually spiralling out of control

What?? Isn't there a video showing the incident?

What he means is.... and it's a stupid point... but he's suggesting that a Tim will try and say that a Rangers fan tweeted the video and therefore it's made up.

Ridiculous.
Remember the £30 software, it's not beyond them. They are very good at this

The Killie manager, Dyer, seems decent. Wasn`t much of a gloatfest from him after beating us. As folk have said, will he be treated the same as Alfie. ie. it didn`t happen, where`s the proof from cunts like Michael Stewart.

Mate, I cannot fathom just how stupid people can be to not get this. It pains me.
I'm apparently one of the stupid.
Please explain how a live police incident prevents the club publicly calling for a meeting of the governing bodies to counter the growing evidence of racism against our players in particular.
Ease your pain, elucidate.

ALLEGED, becoming one of the most used words in Scottish football, where rangers are concerned.
You have to use that word until someone is identified, charged and convicted, otherwise you run the risk that other people may be wrongly accused and end up suing you.

We should get a top journalist from South America to highlight this small RACIST COUNTRY if it's not black people it's English people getting abused.

Please explain how a live police incident prevents the club publicly calling for a meeting of the governing bodies to counter the growing evidence of racism against our players in particular.

It's pretty simple. Two things, really.

1.) An employee of Rangers has been victim of a crime. It is wholly inappropriate to comment on matters relating to live police investigations, as it can be seen to be attempting to influence the outcome of any investigation and/or trial.

2.) Words are more powerful after convictions are made. Why do you think victim statements only come after trials? Or why the last statement we made was after the last conviction? We had a HUGE debacle in the media for the 12 year old kid case as they felt they were able to deny the racism as there was no proof. Commenting after the proof is enshrined in case law, gives no opportunity for retort.

It's pretty simple. Two things, really.

1.) An employee of Rangers has been victim of a crime. It is wholly inappropriate to comment on matters relating to live police investigations, as it can be seen to be attempting to influence the outcome of any investigation and/or trial.

2.) Words are more powerful after convictions are made. Why do you think victim statements only come after trials? Or why the last statement we made was after the last conviction? We had a HUGE debacle in the media for the 12 year old kid case as they felt they were able to deny the racism as there was no proof. Commenting after the proof is enshrined in case law, gives no opportunity for retort.
1. Please quote my call for a comment on anything to do with the investigation.
2. Morelos is being attacked now, every game, he needs explicit support now.

It amazes me the difference in tone from BBC Scotland to the UK BBC. Their sports journalists are far more fair and unbiased, even when they have obvious allegiances.

Exactly Moiphy. They are professionals & guided by professionals from the top.

They believe in the historical ethos with which BBC got their reputation mate.

Up here ?:mad:

Any investigation is therefore sub judice

"under judicial consideration and therefore prohibited from public discussion elsewhere. "

What?? Isn't there a video showing the incident?

Is there a video, my apologies, I thought it was just a Kilmarnock fan sending out a tweet, she said she didn't know who done it but would have called them out!

Just watching Sky sports the now and its saying the police isnt investigating as there has been no complaint made!

Isn't it weird how the calls from certain political parties for strict liability have dies down now a Rangers player is on the receiving end

This is why the club must make official complaints every time it happens

Any investigation is therefore sub judice

"under judicial consideration and therefore prohibited from public discussion elsewhere. "
Yes, the police investigation is sub-judice but not others, and I repeat, I have not asked for another specific investigation into the specific incident with Alfie but racism in general.
Any investigation by the football authority into how it counters the general growth of racism at its events is sub-judice because of one specific case?
Are Kilmarnock not allowed to do anything to drive out racism?

Caught on live tele, caught by other Killie fans, cause it's Alfredo though it's "alleged".
Wish every corrupted journo in this country nothing but ill.

Sky Sports saying Police Scotland have not received a complaint so they are not investigating.
So it appears Kilmarnock FC are investigating.
I was down the front of the Chadwick Stand. Any time there was a goal or contentious decision multiple police and stewards ran from the corner and stood facing us.
Meanwhile in the other poorly attended stands persons were ‘allegedly’ shouting racial abuse.

Back