What we expecting today at the press conference?

I'll give the press confdrence a swerve today i think. Not interested in soundbites right now and i suspect gerrard would give it a miss if he could too.

You do realise that we only do these things because we're obliged to under league rules? That's why nothing's ever said at them. They're entirely pointless.

I’d love for him to call out the refs.
Hopefully tells us Tav and Morelos have had a rocket up there rings.

as it was given as a foul.

We had umpteen chances before then to bury that game
Does not matter we scored a perfectly good goal that was chalked off that would have won the game.

No They don't, I wish fans would keep up to date with finances before spouting absolute drivel.

Last figures seen were around £60M for the orks and £35M for us. Not sure how they have dramatically dropped any of that in such a short space of time. So even if his figures are not exactly right its not far away and the point still stands they blow our wage budget out the water.

We tried to play out a 1-0 win against a side who in the last 30mins started chucking everything at us. It was inevitable that we would concede. That is on Gerrard and his inability to make correct changes. Forget the ref for a second, had our players done their job we'd have scored more than once.

You see awful officiating every game up here, with all teams, that lot probably had a few bad calls against Hearts, didn't stop them scoring 5 against them. There's the difference, they get the job done easily. We struggle every single game against these teams who sit in. We don't know how to play through it.
Gerrard had to take full responsibility for this

I'll give the press confdrence a swerve today i think. Not interested in soundbites right now and i suspect gerrard would give it a miss if he could too.
I guess it depends if he is asked any real pertinent questions?
So yeah will probably give it a miss then :cool:

We have the same problems in 2020 that we had in 2018 when SG arrived. Let Rangers play and we can be terrific. Get in our faces and we fold. We've dropped 22 points to Aberdeen and Killie in 14 matches. This season we have played them 6 times and have 11 points. Celtic have played them 4 times and have 12 points. That's the 7 point difference.

No, that function is provided for good reason; what’s ‘pathetic’ is chiming in with an unrelated snidey wee remark about my job.

And sorry but that’s irrelevant bollocks. Because you know, our title winning squads...errrr....won the title believe it or not; they didn’t surrender it by early February and didn’t shit their pants at the first real sign of bother, so harping back to previous squads of a decade ago is pointless in this context because all you need to do is stay ahead of the competition and they always held their nerve and did so. They certainly didn’t capitulate at the midway point.

You made a big deal over the difference in wage bills, but the reality is our wage bill dwarfs the dross that continue to take points off of us so there’s no excuse for being able to play them off the park in an OF game but not be able to get maximum points against crap like Kilmarnock nearer the business end of the season. The continual “aye but we were a train wreck 8 years ago” has well and truly worn thin. We just made a £7m signing and have made healthy profits in the Europa league, we’ve been spending quite a bit of money, so that nonsense simply doesn’t cut it anymore.

It’s not healthy to live in denial, so folk would be better off asking questions of the coaching staff, because the buck stops with them regardless of their profile; and above all, watching the same collapse for a second year running just isn’t good enough and certainly isn’t indicative of serious domestic progress.

Lighten up and stop being so precious.

I don't think people pointing out we are clearly progressing are living in denial.

Pointing out we are still several years behind celtic in almost every aspect of the club is not being in denial either. Whether you like it or not, this is due to the occurrences of 2012-2018.

They have had unhindered access to almost every trophy going for 8 years and CL millions. We are making good progress catching it up but it will take time and all this toys out the pram pish because of a period of poor form is ridiculous.

Calling fellow fans by derogatory names does your argument no favours.
It’s not an argument. It’s a fact. It’s a fact for all teams and all supporters. There is a percentage of clowns in every support. I’m sure at times and in certain issues I’m one of them

To be honest, I have little interest in hearing what the gaffer has to say at the moment. I'll just wait for the game and see how we get on there.

It’s not an argument. It’s a fact. It’s a fact for all teams and all supporters. There is a percentage of clowns in every support. I’m sure at times and in certain issues I’m one of them
I could perhaps agree with you if you were describing some who were causing crowd trouble or the like but not for disagreeing on team selection or tactical matters.

Folk going on about gameplans/formations blah blah blah. Nobody was complaining before the break when we have had one of the best seasons ever.

Now we are getting comparisons to Warburton etc wow!

Money spent is peanuts compared to our rivals cant believe some of the tripe getting aimed at our manager because we were cheated out of a victory at rugby park. We have no right to be anywhere near Celtic when you compare the budgets and the money they spend on players.

It would literally be one of the biggest David & Goliath storys in sport if we were to win the league this year.

Seen this argument a few places and it always baffles me - it’s almost like in a results driven business people will reassess their opinion on the team if the bottom falls out of those results, and many (myself included) aren’t overly concerned by styles of play and formation provided we are picking up points which we were before the break.

I mean of course people wouldn’t be moaning if we won every game.

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has told fans his team will never give up despite being 10 points behind title rivals Celtic.

The Ibrox side have had a horrid run of form since the turn of the year and lost 2-1 against Kilmarnock on Wednesday night.

Many feel the title race is now over with Celtic in such fine form and Gerrard's men struggling.

But the Liverpool legend has refused to throw in the towel but fired a warning to his players that they need to be more ruthless.

Rangers have thrown away leads in the second half twice since the winter break to lose games against Hearts and Kilmarnock, and the lack of control in games is frustrating the Ibrox gaffer.

He said: "I always try and be honest, at the time I felt like we had really let ourselves down and I took responsibility for the result on the night and I stand by that.

"I still believe we have quality as we showed in the first half of the season.

"We created some really good chances but we lost momentum when the dynamic of the game changed and when we lost it we made bad errors. We need to be better at getting control of games when we get ahead.

"Under my watch, nobody will give anything up and we will continue to fight. I have the belief that I have the right people with me.

"We are representing a club that needs proper people and proper players that need to win and have to take responsibility to win.

"We were managing games very well to get the results we required in the first half of the season. We need to be more ruthless in the final third.

"We will learn, I am confident of this. The players and staff realise the situation and we all take responsibility for this. I totally understand the feelings right now but football can change extremely quickly.

"I said to the players the fans deserve a display, they have followed us everywhere and they don't pick and choose."

Gerrard expects Livingston to put up a tough fight on Saturday as his side look to get back to winning ways.

The Lions have been a notoriously difficult side to face for Rangers and he said: "I'm sure Livingston will be organised and well-drilled but for us I am looking for the reaction that our fans deserve and a real positive result."

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard insists he has no regrets about his honest appraisal of his side's performance against Kilmarnock.

The Ibrox boss didn't hold back as he criticised Rangers for throwing away a lead against Kilmarnock to lose 2-1 and go 10 points behind Celtic in the title race.

Gerrard admitted his team couldn't handle the pressure as he questioned their mentality and that drew criticism.

Record Sport pundit Chris Sutton criticised his approach and said he 'chucked the players under the bus' but Gerrard insists he'll remain honest.

"My way of looking back at what I said is that I always try to be honest," he said. "I don't want to get in a situation where people don't believe me or it's not authentic.

"At the time, I felt like we'd really let ourselves down and I took responsibility for the group's performance on the night. So I have no regrets for what I said on the night.

"We've played ourselves into this position, not just on the night but since we've come back from the winter break.

"I also have to speak to a fanbase that is worldwide and I think they would want me to be honest, pointed and authentic in the way I speak.

"So I don't want to sit here and change my ways.

"My door is always open. If (a player) isn't happy then we can discuss it and analyse the situation.

"These players have had an incredible amount of praise and protection from me since day one and that will continue.

"But if I see things that I don't feel are right at that moment - good, bad or indifferent - I will always speak the truth."

The Ibrox boss continued to reject suggestions he shouldn't be critical of his players in public.

He added: "Am I allowed to criticise my players? Is that not my job? So what's the problem? What would you have thought of me if I had said after the game, 'there is no problem here, it's all fine?'

"We're in a club where we need proper people that are prepared to win and to accept responsibility and accountability.

"That's what I want to do as a manager. Constructive criticism as a manager coming my way now is totally fine. I deserve it."

Seen this argument a few places and it always baffles me - it’s almost like in a results driven business people will reassess their opinion on the team if the bottom falls out of those results, and many (myself included) aren’t overly concerned by styles of play and formation provided we are picking up points which we were before the break.

I mean of course people wouldn’t be moaning if we won every game.

How long have you been a member of FF :D

Oddly enough we finished the project and came home as tends to be the way things work offshore.

You can always stick me on ignore pal, even a tiny shred of common sense would save you the hassle of having to read my ‘drivel’. We can beat their team that earn an extra £25m in wages, we’ve shown that. However, we struggle against dross who have a wage bill a fraction of the size of ours, so when you’re talking about ‘drivel’ you should look inwards at your own guff for a fantastic example of it.
Best ignored mate, some people have difficulty getting their heads around reality.

We tried to play out a 1-0 win against a side who in the last 30mins started chucking everything at us. It was inevitable that we would concede. That is on Gerrard and his inability to make correct changes. Forget the ref for a second, had our players done their job we'd have scored more than once.

You see awful officiating every game up here, with all teams, that lot probably had a few bad calls against Hearts, didn't stop them scoring 5 against them. There's the difference, they get the job done easily. We struggle every single game against these teams who sit in. We don't know how to play through it.
I doubt very much they had any match changing calls go against them the other night, or indeed at any point during the season. That's a big part of the problem.

Your point on Gerrard not changing things is bang on the money. It has proved to be a major weakness thus far in his managerial career. It is an area in which he needs marked improvement.

I could perhaps agree with you if you were describing some who were causing crowd trouble or the like but not for disagreeing on team selection or tactical matters.
Its not team selection or tactical matters though. It's ridiculous comparisons between Gerrard and Warburton. People are watching the wrong game if they cant see the difference between the fcukin state of us then and where we are now.

At what point do we stop using that as an excuse? We’ve got the second biggest budget in the league by far.

I keep seeing people say we’re so far behind Celtic because they have a bigger budget yet we’ve capitulated against teams who’s budget is way less than ours.

Fans need to stop with the “look how far we’ve come mantra” as a basis of arguments against pathetic results

We've lost 3 games all season mate ffs.

Far better Rangers teams with 4/5 times the budget have been out of Title Races by now.

At what point do we stop using that as an excuse? We’ve got the second biggest budget in the league by far.

I keep seeing people say we’re so far behind Celtic because they have a bigger budget yet we’ve capitulated against teams who’s budget is way less than ours.

Fans need to stop with the “look how far we’ve come mantra” as a basis of arguments against pathetic results

It is part of the issue, their mental wage bill means that they’ve got better replacements.

We've lost 3 games all season mate ffs.

Far better Rangers teams with 4/5 times the budget have been out of Title Races by now.

So if that’s the case, why do fans still use “look how far we’ve came” as an argument then?

Truth is, the gap between us/Celtic and the rest of the league is arguably as big as it’s ever been - whenever points are dropped it’s such a big deal because it’s such a shock.

Celtic are steamrolling teams on a regular basis whereas we’ve been stumbling along outwith a handful of games.

It is part of the issue, their mental wage bill means that they’ve got better replacements.

So using that logic, we should’ve had better replacements than the teams we’ve dropped points against? If so, why did we not beat them?

The budget is a sidepoint that’s been raised to deflect on our pathetic run of results

Back