Gerrard reaction when we won the last old firm

Huge difference between being a fan and being the manager of Rangers.

I dont think I've ever seen any successful Rangers manager celebrate like that after winning a trophy never mind winning a game.

He lost his head which is fine but when you run the length of the pitch jumping about like a mad man you better be able to back it up.

He wasnt so animated as both the game and the league title were slipping away on Wenesday night.. in fact he froze and done fu.ck all about it.
You haven't been watching very closely then.

Can't understand the manager getting stick for that celebration. If he'd just clapped the fans then disappeared down the tunnel, the same people would probably be saying he didn't show enough passion.

We’ve gone from ‘he gets it’ to ‘he gets it a little too much for my liking’ in 4 weeks. Mental on here at times.

I personally watched more replays of his reaction than the goals

It was OTT. It was a big win (at the time) but, as has been proved, it is meaningless on its own. We moan about teams like the sheep and Killie celebrating when they beat us like they’ve won a cup yet our own manager did exactly the same thing at the piggery. I hope he’s now thoroughly embarrassed and will learn a lesson.
Away you and fling sheeite at the moon, ya mug.

Huge difference between being a fan and being the manager of Rangers.

I dont think I've ever seen any successful Rangers manager celebrate like that after winning a trophy never mind winning a game.

He lost his head which is fine but when you run the length of the pitch jumping about like a mad man you better be able to back it up.

He wasnt so animated as both the game and the league title were slipping away on Wenesday night.. in fact he froze and done fu.ck all about it.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Clearly you didn’t see Walter running down the touch line celebrating a goal v them at Ibrox ( among many others )

Do you go to many games ?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Clearly you didn’t see Walter running down the touch line celebrating a goal v them at Ibrox ( among many others )

Do you go to many games ?

It's not even comparible.. Walter ran 10 yards and celebrated in the Enclosure.

My point is Gerrard now looks daft, if you're going to celebrate like that make sure you back it up.

Look at Brown v Diuof.. he looked like a right fa.nny.

And yes I got most games.

Your argument being that we should act the same way as the mentally challengeds?

No thanks. I'd prefer our club to have a bit of dignity

No its not, my argument is that our manager is allowed to celebrate a win at Parkhead and its utterly fucking ridiculous given the circumstances directly prior to it to criticise, so away and give yourself peace.

No its not, my argument is that our manager is allowed to celebrate a win at Parkhead and its utterly fucking ridiculous given the circumstances directly prior to it to criticise, so away and give yourself peace.
I haven’t said he wasn’t allowed to celebrate. Do you have literacy issues which your school is failing to address?

Was a massive result, a relief to go there and win after losing the cup final. I loved the gaffers reaction

It was OTT. It was a big win (at the time) but, as has been proved, it is meaningless on its own. We moan about teams like the sheep and Killie celebrating when they beat us like they’ve won a cup yet our own manager did exactly the same thing at the piggery. I hope he’s now thoroughly embarrassed and will learn a lesson.
Teams are entitled to celebrate however they want, people moaning about celebrations are wet wipes. Gerrard was well within his rights to celebrate like that

The day you can’t celebrate a win like that is the day I give up watching football.

I don't blame him for that celebration. We all did the same. You'd have to be 1 stoic bastard not to get carried away with that result & performance.

The players should know better after the meltdown after last seasons winter break though. There's other issues at hand for our downfall. That celebration isn't 1 IMO.
You also have to be clutching at straws to in any way link that celebration to Killie.

He got it wrong tactically and the players and ref got it spectacularly wrong. Period.

Don't get me wrong, at the time I was loving it. It oozed how much he cared, I think it was also a massive out Flow if relief knowing that season was very much game on.

In hindsight, it really did send the wrong message to the players. It was more like a cup final win reaction. Told the players we've achieved our goal when the job was so far from done.

Personalally, I'm on the fence about him staying on next season. He's taken us forward immensely, but a league win is the only thing that matters. I think getting a new manager will be too much change on what is last chance saloon to stop 10iar, but also feel Gerrard still lacks that experience maintain a challenge for a full season.
That’s crap about Gerrard’s reaction. It just showed how much it meant to him.

Next you’ll be saying Lennon was handed extra motivation because Gerrard didn’t shake his hand properly at full time

Back