Old Firm tickets being punted for £100s

Paying inflated prices for these games is nothing new, however, who would seriously pay 1500 quid for a ticket?

Im calling bullshit on that one, I would want a 5 courser, free bevvy an overnighter and into the dressing room at half time for that price.

I could put one up for sale within the next 10 minutes on stubhub for 50k, doesn’t meany anyone has actually bought it. Similar happens for crappy stories about things on eBay, expect journalists are the ones putting the latest Adidas Spezial release on for 5k, easy story.

The Guardian did a good article on this in England yesterday, except they actually bought tickets and named the reselling website (StubHub). Apparently tickets to the value of £1.5m are up for the potential title winning Liverpool v Palace game. StubHub get away with it because the tickets are sold on their international website therefore are not subject to UK law. It's a farce.

Not proper fans who do this imo wouldn't dream of taking anything other than face value for a ticket and have taken face value for previous games against the mentally challengeds.

ET using the term "Old Firm".

Has Lawell taken it off his banned words list?

How do these ticket agencies get a hold of tickets

A few years ago I ended up paying well over the odds for two seats at the Bernebeu for an El Classico. What a lot of folk do according to Spanish guys sitting next to us is to join a teams official fan site, in Real Madrid’s case for example ‘The Madristas’ and try to obtain tickets that way and then just sell them onto a site like Stubhub.

All relative I guess. If you earn 100k, £650 is probably within your means to one of the biggest games on the planet.

I paid £500 for Manchester and £150 for an OF game in 2005 (Bellamy scored and we thought the league was over) but £650 seems excessive for a league game.

Just had an email from Sportsbreak.com advertising a ticket in the Club Deck and a hotel from £200 upwards, hotel being Travelodge at Glasgow airport , RIP off or what! Want to take my O/H to an Old Firm game but for that kind of money I'd rather do hospitality. Does anyone know if the club do hospitality for the O/F game only? Had a look on club website and the prices quoted were for non Old Firm games

My mum paid £800 for my youngest son for Manchester. He ended up in with the zenit fans. Think my ticket was £30 through ccs and my ticket for the Scottish Cup final was £35 against Queen of the South.

I missed out on uefa final as i could not go more than £500 for a ticket i was stuggling to justify it and could not afford it the ticket was sold for £775 by a local guy to a richer bear .

Its crap but sometimes can work in the punters favour if there are loads of sellers and you are prepared to wait until the last minute.

Was over in Dublin for Scotland in the 6 nations and two guys next to me had bought their tickets on StubHub the day before for under face value. They just had to collect them from a hotel the day of the game.

I missed out on uefa final as i could not go more than £500 for a ticket i was stuggling to justify it and could not afford it the ticket was sold for £775 by a local guy to a richer bear .
I hope you put all the scumbags windows in.

Not proper fans who do this imo wouldn't dream of taking anything other than face value for a ticket and have taken face value for previous games against the mentally challengeds.
I was debating with a mate what to do when we ended up a ticket short.
The norm was for one of us to sneak in and hand over a score at the turn style but for whatever reason we just couldn't be arsed with it.
Ehiogu 1-0 game.

As we are debating what to do a lad late teens asks if we are selling the ticket, by the time we say yes and he tells us he's 2 quid light there is an auction going on between 5 lads, got up to £120 in about 5 seconds.
Gave it to the young lad for what he had.
Went and watched the first half in a mentally challenged slop house. Louden for second half.
I got lifted for giving the finger to an under cover cop in a car who was driving like an arse hole speeding shouting and peeping his horn for no good reason.
The weekender was a bit of a killer but the admonished verdict on the breach charge was a bit of positive karma as it came without a fine.

Cool story bro.
Not really adding much to the debate.
But just thought I'd share.

Must be football tourists that are paying it as a one off. I paid £100 for a feyenoord ajax ticket a few years back as it was just that, a one off. Not a hope in hell I would pay those prices for a random OF game. Dont even think I would pay face value if offered one!

How do these ticket agencies get a hold of tickets
The issue I have with StubHub etc.
They charge you whatever price they think they can at a nice profit.
They then go looking for tickets with a top price 30 or more quid less than you've paid them.
You think you've a ticket. But in the end if they can't get you one they just send your cash back at the last minute.
If anyone on here tried something similar they'd be hunted and banned and rightly so.
More should be made of their dodgy practices.

The issue I have with StubHub etc.
They charge you whatever price they think they can at a nice profit.
They then go looking for tickets with a top price 30 or more quid less than you've paid them.
You think you've a ticket. But in the end if they can't get you one they just send your cash back at the last minute.
If anyone on here tried something similar they'd be hunted and banned and rightly so.
More should be made of their dodgy practices.
Government should be closing these companies down they just rip people off

A guy I know bought two tickets for Manchester at £1000 then sold one of them for a £1000.

A free ticket to the UEFA cup final.

Government should be closing these companies down they just rip people off
I've no issue with an honest company who tell you what they are doing.
But for StubHub to sell tickets for Braga for example, when they don't have them. Giving the impression they do. And just refunding you if they don't get them.. And selling them 40 above sale rate with a sales process no easier than simply going onto bragas site when they became available.

If you are genuinely looking for a concert ticket and they charge a premium for doing leg work you don't want to do? That would be fair enough.

Next week is gonna cost me a grand total of £600 me and 2 lads up for braga game
Them I’m staying up with Sheffield and district loyal rsc for at Johnstone away
£900 over 4 days

following youre team is a lifestyle and if you have to pay over the odds , then so be it.
As long as it is not at the expense of other fans

You’d be amazed how many people think Bayern Munich are hard to get tickets for but 95% of matches there are stacks on their official resale site obviously at face value. Same goes for Barca/Real and many top Clubs around the world - many Clubs actually place tickets on resale sites for above face value because many naive tourists/fans whatever simply think every match is sold out there, you can often get an El Classico ticket on the day from each Clubs official website these days but many naive folk will pay way over the odds months in advance to stubhub/viagogo etc.... similar happens with popular gigs etc....

Last edited:
I'd rather watch it in the house than pay that for the club deck. Sat in there for an old firm before and I was near the back. First few rows would be decent I think but not at the back.

I paid a Barca fan €150 for a home end ticket in 2007, only time I have ever done it.
I paid the same price and also was the only time I've paid over face value for a ticket.

Got let down by a company - can't remember the name - that people on here were also getting tickets from.

Can’t understand the mentality of a bear who would sell his OF seat to another bear well over face value. Strikes me as timmish behaviour

youre selling a house and it’s going to a closing date.
You find out the highest bidder is a rangers fan, do you tell them to keep the extra cash that was above home report?

Missed both fhilth games last season,Passed my C.D. ticket on as a freebie to fellow Bears needless to say they got value for money.

Why would the mhanks pay that much to see a new club with no history ?
Two things here mate.
1. This is not about mentally challengeds/mhanks selling tickets for the match at Ibrox. It’s about Bears selling their season ticket/smartcard in a one-off to fellow Bears at inflated prices.
2. Any pish about ‘new club/no history’ is well past it’s sell by date. Give it a rest.

At £1500 I’d sell both my tickets haha

ticket touts and ticket tout websites are parasites.

Back