Rangers take Elite to court

colin stein 9

Apologies if there’s another thread on this but couldn’t see it. Rangers going to court to enforce payment due of £2.8 million.

I'm going to jump in quickly here:

We don't know why Elite are withholding.

Someone who knows the details needs to let us know. Arguably, they may be withholding as they do not want to be sued by SDI, not to screw over Rangers (which is what some will immediately jump to).

Nobody knows though.

Edit:

Also, the only 'evidence' that Elite and SDI are linked is that two former SDI employees now work for Elite.

Last edited:
I'm going to jump in quickly here:

We don't know why Elite are withholding.

Someone who knows the details needs to let us know. Arguably, they may be withholding as they do not want to be sued by SDI, not to screw over Rangers (which is what some will immediately jump to).

Nobody knows though.
I know it's a fucking mess.

I’m sure on H&H they said Elite was now working with Sports Direct. Probably something to do with that if it’s the case. Either way it’s going to get messy again!

I know it's a fucking mess.

Really is mate. We don't know if we should continue buying or what.

It's genuinely likely that Elite will be withholding to protect themselves from SDI (with plans to pay when the whole thing is sorted), but that the club need the money now.

Equally, Elite withholding money and Rangers taking them to court, could be a strategy to allow Elite to look more neutral in the SDI litigation.

I think we should hold fire until we see how 'well' Elite defend this in court.

All hypothetical!

I’m sure on H&H they said Elite was now working with Sports Direct. Probably something to do with that if it’s the case. Either way it’s going to get messy again!

No they didn't.

This rumour shouldn't spread like this. 2 people (one of them in marketing) who work for Elite used to work for Sports Direct. Doesn't mean they're in cahoots with Sports Direct.

I'm confused. Why are Elite not paying up? I thought they were the new kit suppliers and the issue was against SD and Mike Ashley? Can someone please explain if they know?

Yeah mate so when we signed Kenny Miller for the second time that meant that us and Celtic are basically the same team.

It isn't a coincidence, no. It is entirely likely that two people who understand sports goods retailing now happen to work for another company.
Don’t get that Kenny Miller reference at all but yes of course it’s possible. It with everything that’s happened to us and everything we’ve been through and continue to go through with Ashley it’s quite a coincidence. Not saying that it’s definitely a stitch up but...

Did warn folk
Fair play. At the time all posters were looking for was for more information and more than 1 ITK poster to confirm. Said as much at the time. You post stuff in good faith, therefore wasnt an insinuation you were talking shite but perhaps had got the wrong angle on something. Now about their motive... in bed with SDI or scared they could be sued?

The fact that Rangers have taken this step imo now confirms that fans should now stop buying merchandise at St Enochs, the pop up shop and gerstoreonline. Sad but true.
My only hope is that if fatty is involved the judge may see it for what it really is and realise he isnt interested in a partnership with us. Hopefully this my be the rope he hangs himself with. Greedy fat (unt!

Depressing, I'm at the age where I only wear football gear when I'm playing 5s, spend money on Rangers gear not because I want to wear it but because I want the money to go to Rangers.

I bought more stuff just before the news broke initially that we are waiting on the money, I've not wore it yet (tags still on) and still have the receipt I am in two minds as to take it back.

Beyond depressing how long it's dragged on for.

Not as simple as that. If the court orders payment then Elite can shelter behind that and pay Rangers without fear of legal reprisals elsewhere.
My take on it is that Elite cannot deal with Rangers on any level at all or both parties could face legal action from Ashley. By going to the courts and 'forcing' Elite to pay bypasses any legal action Ashley can take.

Hell of a coincidence though eh

Is it really? Sports direct are a massive company and probably the main player, certainly on the high st, in the sale of sports clothes in the UK. Loads of people in that industry will work for them at some point.

This is crystal clear to me .

Not a penny more on merch until we know it’s going to the club .

No more “ read between the lines “ , no more grey areas , cryptic hints or statements .

Not a penny more until a proper deal is in place whether that’s in a year or ten years .

Fed up with the cloak and dagger nonsense we’ve endured now for years with all this .

Back