Rangers take Elite to court

No they didn't.

This rumour shouldn't spread like this. 2 people (one of them in marketing) who work for Elite used to work for Sports Direct. Doesn't mean they're in cahoots with Sports Direct.
I’m only repeating what I’m sure I heard on Heart & Hand.

I'm going to jump in quickly here:

We don't know why Elite are withholding.

Someone who knows the details needs to let us know. Arguably, they may be withholding as they do not want to be sued by SDI, not to screw over Rangers (which is what some will immediately jump to).

Nobody knows though.

Edit:

Also, the only 'evidence' that Elite and SDI are linked is that two former SDI employees now work for Elite.
I don’t care if they are in bed with SDI or not - the mere fact we are having to take them to court to get money we are due from them tells me all I need to know. Not another penny from me to this mob.

I'm going to jump in quickly here:

We don't know why Elite are withholding.

Someone who knows the details needs to let us know. Arguably, they may be withholding as they do not want to be sued by SDI, not to screw over Rangers (which is what some will immediately jump to).

Nobody knows though.

Edit:

Also, the only 'evidence' that Elite and SDI are linked is that two former SDI employees now work for Elite.

deary me

My take on it is that Elite cannot deal with Rangers on any level at all or both parties could face legal action from Ashley. By going to the courts and 'forcing' Elite to pay bypasses any legal action Ashley can take.

I think this is it. I think Elite aren't up to anything sinister but are trapped behind legality. With this new court action they HAVE to pay it and frees them from the other legal action taken by SD

It's genuinely likely that Elite will be withholding to protect themselves from SDI
I wondered something along these lines, too. Elite were pukka but TFB did a number on them and is calling the shots to hurt us.
Also conjecture.

My take on it is that Elite cannot deal with Rangers on any level at all or both parties could face legal action from Ashley. By going to the courts and 'forcing' Elite to pay bypasses any legal action Ashley can take.
Was there not a court ruling recently relaxing fatty's injunction that allowed Elite to pay us what we were owed?

Feel sorry for the poor Rangers supporting souls working in the St Enoch store, be looking for another job when I know some of them were only ever attracted to help Rangers.
Scunnered with everything lately.
There was a thread on how much does a defeat effect you? absolutely fucking everything, works shit, love life's shit, Rangers are shit, weathers shit, burnt my tea that's shit

My position will be I'm buying nothing until more until the issues are resolved and it officially comes from the club. I will get money into the club by other means.

I'd like the club tp specify which projects go specifically to transfer kitty, stadium development etc.

Really is mate. We don't know if we should continue buying or what.

It's genuinely likely that Elite will be withholding to protect themselves from SDI (with plans to pay when the whole thing is sorted), but that the club need the money now.

Equally, Elite withholding money and Rangers taking them to court, could be a strategy to allow Elite to look more neutral in the SDI litigation.

I think we should hold fire until we see how 'well' Elite defend this in court.

All hypothetical!
you sound like my wife,'genuinely likely'

It's now crystal clear to anyone with a brain cell that we shouldn't buy merchandise from the St.Enoch store or the Gers store online.

We need to consider our retail partners very carefully from now on. Personally I’d explore not having a retail partner and selling our own merchandise even if that means on a smaller scale.

I don't believe in coincidences when it comes to our retail affairs

Not a penny from me until the club indicate they are content

They aren't exactly rolling in cash judging by their last accounts.

Elite

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<X-Amz-Expires>60</X-Amz-Expires>
<Expires>2020-02-14T16:43:46Z</Expires>
<ServerTime>2020-02-14T17:13:19Z</ServerTime>
<RequestId>DECA01BA9CCE022B</RequestId>
<HostId>
3+GZbqaC8HAnbahphwy/x8x3zQHTbF9ED8HEGqfysOwe4U0nHzJiN3464PsFuVheiii7Jc0CqV0=
</HostId>
</Error>

whats going on here?

Forget the rumours (which you are big enough to decide for yourself)

This is absolute FACT

Rangers have chased Elite for months for money
They hid behind the Injunction
Now Rangers got that lifted it’s been blanket silence & refusals
Now we are taking court action against them to recover it

Any money YOU spend in shops or giving to Elite they are not giving to our club
(whatever motive you think they have)

That’s the facts

Think about where you are spending your money very carefully

Do we know who brokered the link up with Elite on the club’s behalf?

ps thanks for your input thus far.

This is absolute FACT

That’s the facts

Thanks for posting ID10.
Are you able to clarify whether the relationship with Hummel remains positive?

I thought elite were basically a bunch of Hummel directors?
This was my incorrect understanding of the arrangement.

We seem to move from one cock up to the next. That said, Ashley is the parasite behind this all and he doesn’t seem to be too bored of hampering us further.

Is there a mandatory time limit for them to pay, if we have issued proceedings? Or is it down to us following a legal process that is going to take months - anyone know?

If this is genuinely a malicious move where they are trying to shaft us, I don't see how Rangers could trust anybody again. Personally I would be fully behind taking everything in house like the Diadora strips and if it means paying a premium or whatever, so be it. The club should be able to sell shirts direct far better and more reliable than Elite are offering.

Here was me thinking Elite was part of the solution to our S.D. mess,We seem to get shafted at every turn.

This is absolute FACT

That’s the facts

Elite can’t just choose to go into admin, they need to prove insolvency and not they forced out otherwise the corporate directors are off to jail if this is planned. It’s bad, but I suspect for the first time not some MA master plan.

Nothing new in this that changes anything from the previous thread.

Elite were withholding for fear of breaking the injunction, as SDI were claiming that Rangers receiving money from Elite wasn’t allowed under the injuction. Court ruled that Elite paying paying Rangers wasn’t against the injunction, and payment could be made.

Now, obviously Elite withholding payment is a breach of the Rangers/Elite/Hummel contract. (Even if it was done for the right reasons, eg. to stop Rangers getting in bother for breach of the injuction) and as I said before, a bit of guesswork on my part, but I’d assume two companies simply can’t pay each other £2.8m. A bit of due process is required, there fore, as it’s technically a breach of contract, Rangers are taking Elite to court. Exactly as our statement says, for breaching the Rangers/Elite/Hummel contract

I did presume this would happen at the start and said as far as my knowledge goes, Elite have the money and will pay willingly. That is still my understanding.

Until Elite refuse to pay or try to fight this in court, then I’ll concede my defence of them.

However, I’m sorry ID10, no disrespect as a I know your info is normally spot on, but if your previous posts, suggesting we should boycott and Elite are bad guys, aswell as today’s “I told you so” posts, were all in-fact based solely on your knowledge that Rangers planned to sue Elite for this money. Then you are way off with this one. Unless you have proof Elite intend not to pay, then I still maintain your scaremongering and vague rumour starting was unjust. As even, I, someone who is putting up a defence of Elite and opposing your view, fore saw that Rangers would probably need to take Elite to court.

Time to utterly boycott elite also. King has a hell of fight in front of him, he needs much better people and corporate legal beside him than up until now.

keeps getting worse wished we could work with jd sports then we wont have these problems

Last edited:
Elite can’t just choose to go into admin, they need to prove insolvency and not they forced out otherwise the corporate directors are off to jail if this is planned. It’s bad, but I suspect for the first time not some MA master plan.

I’d 8magine that they might have arrears for rates / rent / leased equipment as well as stock.

Also, a Rangers store without stock isn’t a viable concern.

If we’ve been played somebody needs bagged.

Who do certain people on our board keep getting us into a shitshow over retail deals ,questions need to be asked

Back