Gers link up with Sportsbreaks.com

This going to be rscs getting tickets taken off them is it?

Get these day tripping types to %^*&!

There was a long thread on this subject before me thinks. Pretty sure its a similar thing to what Thomas Cook did a while back. It must generate revenue for the club but did wonder if it means ordinary fans miss out on seeing games. (does not bother me personally since I have season tickets).

In an ideal world the club wouldn't entertain this. But the reality is that we need to maximize all revenues.
The problems will start if some mentally challengeds decide to buy them though.

Atmosphere will be even more worst as prob all the chinese ,germans tourists buying the tickets all sitting with there phones out as the likes of man, liverpool home matches are full of tourists and Real fans cant afford to go

Myself and my daughter have bought public sale tickets for every match played at Ibrox this season (except first Septic match, due to no public sale). No way can we afford over £200 each for a ticket, TV for us again I'm afraid - as way out our price range.

Wonder if Sportsbreaks do Wednesday night games against St Mirren and Ross Co, Friday nights against Stanraer, colts matches or pre season friendlies?

Nothing wrong with this imo.bears without season tickets still get to watch the occasional OF game if they are prepared to pay

I think is a good thing, I used Thomas Cook Sport back in 2012 for the game when they needed to win at Ibrox to clinch the league and we won 3-2, it was worth every penny of the £315.00 I spent, not everyone has a season ticket and in general it’s impossible to get a ticket for this game for non season ticket holders, if you’re willing to pay then I don’t see the problem, people will always want to make money out of some of the top drawer events and us v them certainly ranks up there, it’s a shame fans get fleeced but people have a choice.

I think is a good thing, I used Thomas Cook Sport back in 2012 for the game when they needed to win at Ibrox to clinch the league and we won 3-2, it was worth every penny of the £315.00 I spent, not everyone has a season ticket and in general it’s impossible to get a ticket for this game for non season ticket holders, if you’re willing to pay then I don’t see the problem, people will always want to make money out of some of the top drawer events and us v them certainly ranks up there, it’s a shame fans get fleeced but people have a choice.
I agree mate, i make as many games as a can coming up from england but getting a ticket for a gsme v them is almost inpossible now. Using a service like this every now and again means i can see these games

Dont see the issue to be honest. I'm in the Western Isles and travel to some games. We dont have season tickets anymore, so it's a good way for me and the wee guy to go to an OF game. I dont see why that makes us not "real fans".

I don't think so.

You cannot ask for Rangers to become a forward thinking club with a proper commercial team without this happening.

Like it or not, it's modern football.

Meanwhile the club will give RSCs numerous tickets for less desirable games (e.g Ross County on a pishy Wednesday night) but will give RSCs about 1 ticket for more desirable games.

I'd like to think we can be forward thinking without shafting those who help us the most throughout the season.

We had a similar set up with Thomas Cook going back to the same time as the travel club was launched, it's for home matches only.

That’s what Iv d
If you're prepared to pay £300 odd for an old firm, why not buy a season ticket and guarantee both games plus any others you can make, and seatsub the rest and reduce your season ticket cost the following year?
got tired of not getting to big games 4 years ago,bought a season ticket,only get to 5 or 6 games and seatsub the rest,300 should comfortably buy my ticket for next season

Meanwhile the club will give RSCs numerous tickets for less desirable games (e.g Ross County on a pishy Wednesday night) but will give RSCs about 1 ticket for more desirable games.

I'd like to think we can be forward thinking without shafting those who help us the most throughout the season.
Completely different issue.

It's home games we're talking about.

I get it but disappointed we have went down this path. Real fans, who cannot get a ST, may potentially miss out as the club coin it in. Once again Money Talks!!

I don't think so.

You cannot ask for Rangers to become a forward thinking club with a proper commercial team without this happening.

Like it or not, it's modern football.
What does all this proper commercial mean. I understand this part but we recently teamed up with molton brown. What do I get as a supporter in all of this or is it just money for the club.

What does all this proper commercial mean. I understand this part but we recently teamed up with molton brown. What do I get as a supporter in all of this or is it just money for the club.

Proper commercial means it doesn't benefit you or I, how should it?

It's revenue streams for the club that we didn't previously have.

Proper commercial means it doesn't benefit you or I, how should it?

It's revenue streams for the club that we didn't previously have.
That's what I dont understand. I was in the molton shop yesterday, not a place i normally go but i was just looking to see if there was anything to do with our club, advertising, a fragrance but saw nothing.
Do they give the club money and what do the companies get out of it if I am not buying anything?

You only need to watch the English premiership to see the difference a tourists kitted out in the merchandise having paid silly money for the experience. It’s a supply and demand market

You only need to watch the English premiership to see the difference a tourists kitted out in the merchandise having paid silly money for the experience. It’s a supply and demand market
Suppose Ibrox already has the atmosphere of a Premiership game, so why not fill it with tourists too.

That's what I dont understand. I was in the molton shop yesterday, not a place i normally go but i was just looking to see if there was anything to do with our club, advertising, a fragrance but saw nothing.
Do they give the club money and what do the companies get out of it if I am not buying anything?

They pay the club to use their products for daft things like when the players go for a shower after the game, the shower gel in the dressing room is made by them and when you go for a pish in hospitality, they will make the soap.

Back