Man City banned from European competition for 2 seasons

They will Appeal and it will magically go away , heard this type of rubbish before and nothing came of it.

Sam Lee who works for The Athletic has raised an interesting point that he did a story about this case a few months back and sources on both sides told him that no action would be taken so it appears uefa have done a u-turn for some reason.

He’s also said that city were very confident that even if there was a ban they’d get it overturned so they’ve at least prepared for this outcome.

If any support should feel for City it is us, Inflating a sponsorship deal ??? Like every club does to lessen FFP.......A ridiculous Kangaroo court driven by jealous rivals.

Let's say the premier league did deduct points at some point in the next two or three weeks.

Liverpool could win the league without playing a game. Imagine being a Liverpool fan waiting this long for a title and it doesn't even happen at a game.

Also if they are banned, it's an even bigger chance for Shedfield Utd to qualify for Europe!

What's the precedence? I know AC Milan took voluntary expulsion from the Europa but surely PSG/Real must have all done similar or worse.

Let's say the premier league did deduct points at some point in the next two or three weeks.

Liverpool could win the league without playing a game. Imagine being a Liverpool fan waiting this long for a title and it doesn't even happen at a game.

Also if they are banned, it's an even bigger chance for Shedfield Utd to qualify for Europe!

Why would the premier league deduct points? Plus after 30 years I don’t think Liverpool fans would care how they win it, would you be upset if we win the league this season when not playing?

Hopefully they don't wiggle out of this. Uefa must feel they have a watertight case here. Probably got every other club with these trumped up fake sponsorships looking over their shoulders.

Be interesting to see if the FA take any action of what amounts to financial doping - could they attempt to strip any silverware they won in that period, or will they just look for a big "Arab" donation.

I hope the full ban stands but i think after the appeal they'll either have the banned reduced to a year, with it being suspended or they'll only be banned for 1 season

Rules are rules and they broke them so I guess they cannot complain too much.

Prediction is they will appeal and it will be reduced to a 1 year ban.

I find it strange that City are banned for basically inflating commercial income so it looks as though their owners aren't pumping money in, but they have zero debt.Yet Man United, Juve etc are fine owing over £500m each.

They will appeal and they will end up with an increased fine... Few brown envelopes on a trip to dubai for some high up uefa officials should sort it out for them!

this will be overturned, money talks
they will get a massive fine and be allowed back in, if they dont
then psg, chelsea, real madrid and barcelona need to get good ready for a ban too

QUOTE="Christophski, post: 5366155, member: 19274"]
FA apparently going to investigate City aswell.
[/QUOTE]

Saw that. Talking about a points deduction.

Interesting that UEFA go after a 'British' or 'English' club but do zero about PSG or Real Madrid both of whom have done highly questionable deals. I've no 'skin in the game' as far as City go but UEFA are about as fair and balanced as a Scottish referee in charge of a Rangers game.

What a load of bull. So what, some rich guys want to pump money into a football club? I’m sure we’d all accept the cash. Anyone saying otherwise is being a tad hypocritical, unless they didn’t enjoy the Advocaat days!

No sympathy here at all for them, but the likelihood of this actually being enforced is extremely low - pending appeals etc.

Oh no, I hope UEFA don't start doing this too often or the big five leagues might %^*& off and do their own thing and leave the rest of Europe with an actual European Cup competition.

It just wouldn't be the same without Tottenham or Leicester :(

Back