Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

It could be sooner than that BB. To break the cover today must mean it’s imminent. It’s the weekend as well so too late to get the courts involved. Monday’s channel 4 news could be interesting.

That’s an interesting though over the weekend maximum damage with the law not in play till Monday,nothing should be overlooked here though,as I don’t trust this man at all.

If the C4 report helps to achieve long overdue justice fo the victims and their families by exposing the extent of the cover up by that vile club and their apologists, then it is very much to be welcomed. Long overdue.
Here's hoping it highlights all of the individuals who could have done something to prevent the abuse from happening but decided instead to turn a blind eye allowing the abuse to continue. These individuals are just as guilty as the monsters carrying out the abuse in my opinion.

That’s an interesting though over the weekend maximum damage with the law not in play till Monday,nothing should be overlooked here though,as I don’t trust this man at all.
Neither do I. I wouldn’t put it past him to spin it saying the actions of Celtic 40 years ago should in no way be a reflection on the Celtic of today, or some other vomit inducing shite!

Just over 2 weeks ago we were told this programme was coming from a reliable source. We were sworn to secrecy as filming was still ongoing.
Some may remember last week a poster came on and caused confusion as people thought it was the documentary. It wasn’t, it was channel 4 news.
What we’ve been told is filming has been going on for 3 months and it is definitely on this issue.
Others will come on here and confirm what I’m saying also.
I hope you all understand why we couldn’t say anything. The words that were used were do not let this out as it could jeopardise everything. Under no circumstances could we say anything as it would have affected the programme being aired.
We were told it would air within 3 weeks, so going by the recent tweets filming must be complete.
We apologise that we couldn’t say anything. A lot of work has gone into this and no way were we going to jeopardise the programme being aired.
Surprised if that vhermin is reporting a steal on this but everything else above is true we have known for 2 weeks about this but were sworn to secrecy I only hope Thompson isn't doing it to put a spanner in the works

Is this a separate channel 4 documentary from the one we’ve known about for a while that was over 3 parts ?? Or the one we have known about previously thanks

Is this a separate channel 4 documentary from the one we’ve known about for a while that was over 3 parts ?? Or the one we have known about previously thanks
Its a seperate one been done in a hurry i believe to beat the other one, still shocked if Thompson is fronting this news really shocked maybe he has heard the full story of horrors and can't protect them anymore now that would be big news

Sorry guys, cant buy this. Alex Thomson will not be doing anything that damages his club. This will be a documentary on how celtic are the victims. Those that think otherwise and being told otherwise in my opinion have been had. This man never just reported on us, he accused us that tax problems were worse that child abuse. He also mocked the Ibrox disaster. Sorry guys this is nothing more than to make out that celtic are the real victims IMHO

Its a seperate one been done in a hurry i believe to beat the other one, still shocked if Thompson is fronting this news really shocked maybe he has heard the full story of horrors and can't protect them anymore now that would be big news
Commissioned by Celtic and Holicomm ??

There's no way this is damage limitation, hoping to set the narrative before the main documentary comes out?

Not what we’re being told
Please let them expand their focus to Hollyrood and the Scottish media and how certain club friendly individuals/organisatons have been complicit. Nothing less would be the whole story. But alas I fear that's just too much to ask

Nontheless, it's heartening to think the main topic and those perpetrated against are now getting the coverage and voice they deserve to have. One they have been denied by their own country for so long.

Sorry guys, cant buy this. Alex Thomson will not be doing anything that damages his club. This will be a documentary on how celtic are the victims. Those that think otherwise and being told otherwise in my opinion have been had. This man never just reported on us, he accused us that tax problems were worse that child abuse. He also mocked the Ibrox disaster. Sorry guys this is nothing more than to make out that celtic are the real victims IMHO
I don't see how ANY Journalist could put spin on this to make Celtic out as victims.

More likely Thomson - an investigative journalist remember - sees the way the wind is blowing and wants to be the guy who blows the whole thing open.

He's in it for himself.

I don't see how ANY Journalist could put spin on this to make Celtic out as victims.

More likely Thomson - an investigative journalist remember - sees the way the wind is blowing and wants to be the guy who blows the whole thing open.

He's in it for himself.
Hope you're right...

He's in it for himself.

we will see. I honestly have seen no evidence to date to think we have all of a sudden became civilised and integrity of procedures the upmost importance. We live in a country where the justice minister turns a blind eye, and where our courts lose evidence and where judges mock us.

Please let them expand their focus to Hollyrood and the Scottish media and how certain club friendly individuals/organisatons have been complicit. Nothing less would be the whole story. But alas I fear that's just too much to ask

Nontheless, it's heartening to think the main topic and those perpetrated against are now getting the coverage and voice they deserve to have. One they have been denied by their own country for so long.
We know exactly who the apologists are. One of our biggest stumbling blocks have been the under qualified individuals that exist within the Scottish government.

As much as I don’t like Thomson,he slaughtered them last summer both on his twitter account and when he had Tomkins on CH4 news.

Excuse the lauguage but I’ve no other words. Utter fuckin scum. It’s as if “Aw don’t worry, we’re insured”

The Titanic was insured but that didn't stop it from sinking

Excuse the lauguage but I’ve no other words. Utter fuckin scum. It’s as if “Aw don’t worry, we’re insured”

Supposedly Lawell feeds them information as well. Disgusting “article”

Balance your reporting they cheeky bastards are asking for, it will be as imo 70% of abuse claims will come from that clubs kids , might be higher

As much as I don’t like Thomson,he slaughtered them last summer both on his twitter account and when he had Tomkins on CH4 news.

Do you think Brennan with Lawells permission is admitting Celtic's responsibility with this part?

'While these matters happened decades ago, Celtic are still Celtic, and have a corporate responsibility for all that went before. Fergus McCann first acknowledged what took place. He setup counselling facilities and instructed an independent investigation into the actions of the club under the old board. This happened 25 years ago. '

Reading that it is by a prick who is trying to deflect away from what lies ahead. It's not the payouts they need to worry about. It's the loss in revenue by being known as Glasgow Celtic Paedophiles. They will be a toxic brand.

has sellic seen this doc if so surely thats not the norm to let the subjects see whats said. thats just giving them time to circle the wagons and get hollicom and their lawyers the heads up

The whataboutery from those scum is incredible.
3 Glasgow clubs are being checked. That may be true but it’s only 1 club who have been found to be systematically abusing children for a wee bit more than “20” years. And have had many convictions for it and also been linked to one of the most, if not the most prolific paedophile this country’s has ever seen.
But their logic is it’s not just us. They can’t even admit it. They still deny being linked to any of the abusers.
I hate that vile cesspit of a club and everything it stands for

Back