‘Morelos can’t play with another striker’....

Coza

An opinion that was mooted often on here and something I have generally thought was true. But today he had 30 minutes with Kamberi as an inside left striker where I thought he looked more than capable of playing with a partner up top and it didn’t look like a complete waste of time trying it.

Is it more about the type of player he is partnered with? Maybe more of a creative second striker suits him. And also someone who is very much the support act to Morelos who clearly likes to be the main man.

He looked more comfortable with Kamberi for me than he has ever looked with Defoe or Cummings previously.

An opinion that was mooted often on here and something I have generally thought was true. But today he had 30 minutes with Kamberi as an inside left striker where I thought he looked more than capable of playing with a partner up top and it didn’t look like a complete waste of time trying it.

Is it more about the type of player he is partnered with? Maybe more of a creative second striker suits him. And also someone who is very much the support act to Morelos who clearly likes to be the main man.

He looked more comfortable with Kamberi for me than he has ever looked with Defoe or Cummings previously.
He seems able to play with Kamberi on today's evidence.
I thought there wee bit of interplay for Kamberi's goal was just dandy.

Its defo something we should be looking to do more often at home especially when teams are sitting in against us. Thought kamberi looked decent when he came on today

Morelos is too greedy to play in a partnership, he never passes to the other player. He took the ball off Arfield when he was through today despite being offside, didn't square it to Hagi when through instead choosing to shoot over and he delayed the pass to Kamberi till he was offside at the end.

Wasn’t really playing with another striker though was he?

Kamberi stayed out wide mostly.
When people say he can’t play with another striker, they mean 2 up top. We weren’t 2 up top today. At any stage.

He’s far too greedy. Taking that ball off Arfield was criminal.

I agree. That 30 minutes suggested they have the making of a decent pairing up front, they linked well and Kamberi created space for Morelos. Imagine that. 2 up front! Yes please!
Yes i agree he seemed a different player when Kamberi came on, who impressed me to he was taking the weight of Morelos by going deep and getting the ball, a thing Morelos woukd normally do himself and then try to get in a sxoring position, with Kamberi sharing this i thought the buffalo was much better.

Wasn’t really playing with another striker though was he?

Kamberi stayed out wide mostly.
When people say he can’t play with another striker, they mean 2 up top. We weren’t 2 up top today. At any stage.

He’s far too greedy. Taking that ball off Arfield was criminal.

Kamberi was left but narrow. A lot more of a striker than a winger when he came on.

Morelos is too greedy to play in a partnership, he never passes to the other player. He took the ball off Arfield when he was through today despite being offside, didn't square it to Hagi when through instead choosing to shoot over and he delayed the pass to Kamberi till he was offside at the end.
Did he not put the pass through to Kamberi for the goal that was chopped off.

Morelos needs dropped, his first touch, his 'poaching' instinct are spoiling his game and impacting the team.

Today when he took the ball off Arfield was a prime example.

Time for a rest

Given how shite we've looked recently it's got to be worth a shot changing things. Teams know exactly how to set up against us now so at least throw a bit of a curve ball.

I’ve always thought he would be great as the right-sided forward in a front 3 with Defoe as the ‘9’ through the middle.
We have 2 of the best strikers in the league, but only play them one at a time, which has always struck me as a bit mental.

Takes a bit of pressure off him, let him go short as well. I'd like us to try this again.

Kamberi looked lively & his finish for the goal that got chopped off was great

You can tell the wee man is struggling for confidence.
he’s a stone cold killer when he’s bang on it. He’s got 30 goals this year god sake.
he’s off form, lacking a wee bit of confidence.
Once he bags a couple of goals the wee man will start banging them in.

he does need all round better service though, that goes without saying.

the whole team needs it’s mojo back, but they need to and must block all the noise out from online. Social media etc. We should concentrate on our own game. Win as many points as we can and see what happens.
Beat the bheasts at Ibrox and their midden before then end of the season, and who knows what might happen.

I mind a day when a helicopter changed direction.....

Ty

Typical striker but i agree that he should try and play as a team player, as there players in good positions and he'll try to shoot from difficult angles and positions where it would be better to try pass to a team mate.But unfortunately that isn't alfredo's way of doing things.But in saying that, i think it might be a good idea to give Kamberi a chance, as i think we need to add some more muscle to the team, as i think were a bit powder puff against the hammer throwers.Only a thought.

Kamberi is a different kind of striker than Defoe (the other striker). Kamberi is another morning an outside the box player, like Alfie.

The two of them together should be able to drag CBs around. Could work quite well.

Looked a partnership worth exploring further. The suspension and winter break had a big impact on Alfie . With his build and frame he needs to be playing regularly or loses his edge .

He is playing in a partnership with another 10 team
Mates so don’t be so ridiculous

Kamberi was a straight swapped for kent, he played out wide, not as a 2nd striker.
Morelos was woeful before and after Kamberi came on.

Ty

Typical striker but i agree that he should try and play as a team player, as there players in good positions and he'll try to shoot from difficult angles and positions where it would be better to try pass to a team mate.But unfortunately that isn't alfredo's way of doing things.But in saying that, i think it might be a good idea to give Kamberi a chance, as i think we need to add some more muscle to the team, as i think were a bit powder puff against the hammer throwers.Only a thought.

I agree about Kamberi, thought he offered another focal point when he came on so we weren't overly reliant on Morelos. Think it created more space for other players as their defence were concerned about him as Morelos. He showed some good hold up play and nice touches.

Kamberi seemed to give the Livingston back line more to think about than just trying to keep Alfie quiet and in doing so gave our man more room to move around in.

So one goal for him that should have stood and another where he set up Kamberi that was again an extremely tight call.

Together these were encouraging signs that we might now have something different for games like today when teams set up with ten men behind the ball hoping to frustrate their way to a point.

Back