The shocking refereeing decisions

Coplandfrontier

I’m fed up with the shocking refereeing decisions. Yet again a hand ball in the box right in front of the referee. 2 goals disallowed , one definitely onside this has become the norm in every game now. There is no swings and roundabouts we are getting a raw deal, we have lost out already in the cup final against a shocking decision. Have selick dropped anything due to inept referees , no they haven’t since they called the referees out a few years back .

I posted recently that I cannot recall the last game we got a fifty-fifty at a critical stage of a game.
When I mention fifty/fifty, I’m thInking of the decisions that some referees would give one way and some the other.
I could probably, quite quickly, name twenty that have went against us since we started getting close to them, roughly at the beginning of December.

If they had drop points due to getting a perfectly good goal chopped off in the last few minutes against Kilmarnock there would be Natsi MPs tabling motions in Holyrood.

I can’t believe how easily we just rolled over and accepted that.
We don’t challenge anything - on or off the pitch. Everyone knows it so they don’t have any fear sticking it to us as there aren’t any consequences.

Gerrard’s ref rant yesterday was months overdue, and now too late.

HolQUOTHE="tazzabear, post: 5383868, member: 5239"]
I posted recently that I cannot recall the last game we got a fifty-fifty at a critical stage of a game.
When I mention fifty/fifty, I’m thInking of the decisions that some referees would give one way and some the other.
I could probably, quite quickly, name twenty that have went against us since we started getting close to them, roughly at the beginning of December.
[/QUOTE]goldsons handball at Hamilton last week

Looking at many of our bookings I’ve thought ‘yeah, that’s fair’ only to see the opposition do much worse in the same game.

It’s ridiculous now the handball refs looking straight at it Morelos is well on for his goal kamberi looks on to me as well the worrying thing for me is it’s every single game not a particular official it’s all of them.

Griffiths got the benefit yesterday at their first goal he clearly pushed the defender in the build up to the goal the exact same thing Morelos gets penalised for.Walker at the time said it was not enough for a foul ,Hartson said it was great centre forward play, Rangers lose a match because of it they win won when playing poor much like us.

Officials have so far cost us a minimum of 5 league points , and that’s being generous . 3 at rugby park on Wednesday and 2 at Pittodrie . Funnily enough the same official hounded to within an inch of his life last season by Celtic fc and their rabid fans , mr John Beaton .

We have also had the league cup taken out of our hands by a referee .

I know there have been others but we could be here all day .

Regardless of our bad form , and let’s be honest we are playing bloody awful just now , we should be sitting still in the hunt 5 points behind with a game in hand not 10 , with the league cup in the trophy cabinet .

Come the end of the season we will be talking about Beatons decisions , trust me .

Ha ha.
It sticks out like an alsation's cock in a poodle parlour.
Now give us another?
Exactly.

Despite the weight of empirical evidence since December 29th alone, we still have some that believe that one swallow makes a summer.

Officials have so far cost us a minimum of 5 league points , and that’s being generous . 3 at rugby park on Wednesday and 2 at Pittodrie . Funnily enough the same official hounded to within an inch of his life last season by Celtic fc and their rabid fans , mr John Beaton .

We have also had the league cup taken out of our hands by a referee .

I know there have been others but we could be here all day .

Regardless of our bad form , and let’s be honest we are playing bloody awful just now , we should be sitting still in the hunt 5 points behind with a game in hand not 10 , with the league cup in the trophy cabinet .

Come the end of the season we will be talking about Beatons decisions , trust me .
You have to take into account also the swing of points in their favour by the decisions going their way they got one at Pittodrie on Sunday also.I will say it again you win leagues by playing poor and winning 1-0 you cant when playing poor and the Officials are penalising you for everything yet not others.

Last edited:
The decisions going against us are shocking. Yes our form is poor, but we are losing out on massive game changing decisions now game after game.

I’ve posted before that after every game the club should hold a media debrief on the game played. They should highlight the refereeing ideally with a qualified former referee doing it. So Clancy Beaton and the guy yesterday would see their poor and/or corrupt performance called out.
I fail to see how doing this could make things worse than now. Off course we’d highlight any poor decision that went in our favour too. Not that I can recall many of those! The time to speak out has passed but we cannot continue to do nothing. Sadly our club lacks the back bone required for the battle.

Rangers need to play the propaganda game everyone else does and the refs are at it now. They all play dumb and pretend there is no refereeing issue anyone slagging them is a crazy fan that cant handle his team(Rangers or Celtics opponents)not being good enough.

If refs are now being interviewed and doing shows with tim media then our club, or even the fans that do some excellent podcasts or whatever its called... should be asking when do we get the chance to speak with guys like Bobby and the people training the match officials. Tell them we want to be educated on refereeing, how tough it is, how do you do that its just fantastic..we use the painfully nice dignified bollocks to our advantage.

There is a wonderful propaganda programme by the bbc Scotland on iplayer, tough job, guys are magic so fit and motivated its all very very friendly and the main (bent)tim refs are all interviewed. They used a naive ex Ranger Stevie Thompson and some lassie that plays the game to do it. Watch it only 30 mins but worth it.

Saying 0 or ref was a bit rubbish today wont get us anywhere. Theres plenty of clever bears out there or people at the club that should be working on ways to deal with and find the solution to what is a tough tough situation tbf for the club. So many liars so much dishonesty involved at the sfa and many many more of them reporting on the games.

If Bobby is delighted to do work with Celtic media then he has to speak to the Rangers side too, its only fair.

Griffiths got the benefit yesterday at their first goal he clearly pushed the defender in the build up to the goal the exact same thing Morelos gets penalised for.Walker at the time said it was not enough for a foul ,Hartson said it was great centre forward play, Rangers lose a match because of it they win won when playing poor much like us.

Haven't seen the Celtic incident as I do not watch the scum at all but if the push by Griffiths is similar to Alfies on Wednesday then the club in some way should ensure this is highlighted. I know it is all if, buts and maybes, but if we had won on Wed and Scum had drawn yesterday the title race would be back on.

This perfectly highlights the fine margins that can make or break a season and unfortunately we at this time always seem to be on the wrong end of them.

If they had drop points due to getting a perfectly good goal chopped off in the last few minutes against Kilmarnock there would be Natsi MPs tabling motions in Holyrood.

We except every decision agains5 us without a murmur, we had the perfect decision to highlight multiple dreadful decisions on Dec 29th, but choose to remain silent.

We can moan as much as we like, but until there is an official response from the club and demanding an enquiry, with video evidence of cheating referees that is available nothing will change.
I have said this before on here the end game is for them to have more titles than us and claim to be the most successful club in the world. If that happens, think how we will feel then about how nothing was done to level the playing field.

Just seen Liverpool’s goal against Norwich and thought Sane’s non push more of a push than that of Morelos.

I’m fed up with the shocking refereeing decisions. Yet again a hand ball in the box right in front of the referee. 2 goals disallowed , one definitely onside this has become the norm in every game now. There is no swings and roundabouts we are getting a raw deal, we have lost out already in the cup final against a shocking decision. Have selick dropped anything due to inept referees , no they haven’t since they called the referees out a few years back .

I agree mate but they didn’t ‘call’ anything out. They already got the benefit of most decisions. They simply ramped up the pressure and intimidation yet further while we said nothing about genuinely unfair officiating.

We can moan as much as we like, but until there is an official response from the club and demanding an enquiry, with video evidence of cheating referees that is available nothing will change.
I have said this before on here the end game is for them to have more titles than us and claim to be the most successful club in the world. If that happens, think how we will feel then about how nothing was done to level the playing field.

There seems to be a naivety that this is all about them getting 10.
10IAR puts them on 52 to our 54.

Anyone who thinks the cheating stops at 10 simply hasn't been paying attention.

There seems to be a naivety that this is all about them getting 10.
10IAR puts them on 52 to our 54.

Anyone who thinks the cheating stops at 10 simply hasn't been paying attention.
I agree and they have a billionaire who will make it so, as well as the SFA/SPFL, the media and cheating referees and the forces of law and order and the SNP/Labour parties.

There's a rule about a player putting his hands out to protect himself when he's falling. If the ball strikes his hand/arm its not a penalty. I wasnt aware of this but Ive read it now and the ref called it right.
He was just to fall on his face I dare anyone to try it and see if they can succeed.

We got away with what should gave been a stonewall penalty for Hamilton last Saturday. Why the ref did not give it is beyond me! The referee did not explain his reasons. The handball decision that was not given our way yesterday was equally ridiculous but was made worse imo by the referee allegedly saying that he didn't give it due to the weather conditions. If I was a member of the SFA Referee Committee I would want to speak to that guy today.

Beaton has cost us 5 points due to his cheating. We’ve been robbed of a cup due to officials. Officials yesterday and in the game at the piggery could have very easily cost us.

That’s just the games we have been involved. The mentally challengeds also get everything going in games against the rest of the league. Dodgy penalties, players allowed to stamp and dive etc.

We aren’t being allowed to compete for trophies due to the majority of officials being scared shitless of being held responsible for compromising the filths dominance.

It’s so blatant and yet the club don’t do anything about it.

Next season will be even worse as they aim for 10.

Full time referees is the way forward for me, open it to foreigners etc

As part of some UEFA scheme, a Latvian ref took charge of Glentoran v Crusaders last season. It was an utter horror show. Be careful what you wish for with foreign referees. I've seen enough European football over the years to know they can be just as shyte as their Scottish counterparts.

FBS

You’ll still get folk on here claiming we shouldn’t worry about the influence of refs.

There have been 2 inexplicable decisions recently that have caused a 5 point swing in the league, Beaton was responsible for both. Not giving a penalty at Pittodrie and then disallowing Morelos perfectly good goal last week.

You also had Kevin Clancy doing everything possible to get his team a result at Parkhead.

Ideally you should be able to overcome bad refereeing, but it’s not always going to be the case and some of the decisions look to be more than just ‘bad’.

Rangers should employ Jeff Winter to analyse every game and highlight poor decisions in both our games and theirs

The question I’d like answered is ‘Where does this all end ? ‘. I don’t believe for one second that Gerrard would be so accepting of these decisions if he was managing Liverpool and , taking VAR out of the equation , he was on the receiving end of game changing decisions.
Someone inside Ibrox is making a conscious decision to play dumb on this matter and that’s a worry to me as it’s not as if it’s an odd decision here and there, it’s every game. The evidence is there for all to see and yet we do square root of zero about it. After the 29th we had the ball at our feet in regards dodgy referees, we even released a statement with a promise of a follow up one. Yet here we are , still waiting and accepting glaring mistakes.
I feel that we as a support have had a gut full of this and that’s why I posed the question of where it’ll all end because I think that had McGregor not pulled off that save yesterday or that shot hit the post and went in and it finished 1-1 , we as fans would and should pile on the pressure on our board and ask why this is being allowed and how long do they think we will put up with the loaded dice before we give up and go home for good.

Full time referees is the way forward for me, open it to foreigners etc
They should also be wired and their communications heard so that they get monitored it works in Rugby and Aussie rules etc., and of course if they have nothing to hide they shouldn't object and then it's to everyones benefit.

Is there still a SFA referees assessor at the games,I would like there isn't because they wouldn't keep getting big games after their scandalous performances against Rangers and that mob as well.The fact they still are only makes me think that the SFA are completely happy with the way its going in our games and more so theirs ,and so is the Club for that matter.

We got away with what should gave been a stonewall penalty for Hamilton last Saturday. Why the ref did not give it is beyond me! The referee did not explain his reasons. The handball decision that was not given our way yesterday was equally ridiculous but was made worse imo by the referee allegedly saying that he didn't give it due to the weather conditions. If I was a member of the SFA Referee Committee I would want to speak to that guy today.

As Ive posted above, there's a rule about a player falling and putting his hands out to protect himself. If the ball strikes his arm/hand in this situation it isnt a penalty. The ref called it right.

Someone else posted the rule. Check it out for yourself.

Rangers should employ Jeff Winter to analyse every game and highlight poor decisions in both our games and theirs

Better still why not employ a professional researcher to record the bias, double standards and lies by officials, the media, politicians and those in positions of authority. We're getting hammered day in and day out but failing to keep records allows our enemies to just dismiss our legitimate concerns.

Look at Alfie's "throat slitting" gesture and the headlines this generated. Compare that to the Celtic player doing likewise?

What about Clarke's outburst when some fans called him a ***? Compare that to his own player Boyd being called a DOB? Walker claimed Boyd enjoyed it then appeared on tv being interviewed by Jim White where he slated our fans. Double standards and bias but it goes unchallenged.

Not good enough Rangers. Im sick of it.

Back