Alkass Cup Live

I was impressed with that. Very watchable. I honestly think we looked a better team. We shot ourselves in the foot with some bad defending in the first half.

So the boys will qualify on goals scored? Aspire beat Suwon 2-1, we beat them 3-2

Both teams qualify it seems - we will play second in group C nex, currently Mohammed IV Academy

Just caught the last 15mins and really enjoyed it. Yet again the youngsters did themselves and the club proud. There’s some talent in that team so let’s hope it continues to develop.

Decent result and performance, it's difficult to strike a balance at these tournaments between fielding the strongest team and providing squad game time.

Glad I watched the last 30 mins, some really nice football by the boys.
You really could see the age difference in the teams especially that left back he must have been 6ft 2”.

A good comeback. Should probably have won. It is not only Scottish refs that can't give penalty's. We have some good players at this tournament again but poor in defence. Some of the Aspire boys look like 21s.

Kyle Semple looks a clever defender. And for 14 Jacobs is a talent.
Some of their players looked like 20 somethings.

Decent result and performance, it's difficult to strike a balance at these tournaments between fielding the strongest team and providing squad game time.
It looks like we struggle to get many players from this age group called up to the Scotland squads compared to other age groups, is that true?

The commentators were saying that Aspire topped the group with a draw.
I don’t know how it works?
Sounds like they have it wrong!!??!

It looks like we struggle to get many players from this age group called up to the Scotland squads compared to other age groups, is that true?

Rangers have strongest 2004 group, 2005 group not as strong. Scotland squads are subjective and sometimes it is who you know, and slightly weighted towards the SFA performance schools.

Being omitted from Scotland youth squads is nothing to be concerned about, it's how they are progressing at Rangers that matters.

I think they have made an arse of the group standings. Aspire should be 7 goals for and 5 against, leaving them +2 goals. We scored 7 and conceded 6, leaving us +1 goals.

I think they have made an arse of the group standings. Aspire should be 7 goals for and 5 against, leaving them +2 goals. We scored 7 and conceded 6, leaving us +1 goals.

Yes.

As far as I can see Winners of Group C (Real Madrid) will play Runners-up of Group A (Rangers).

First QF on Wednesday 19th.

Is it maybe decided on seeding or something if teams are level?? Why would they have us topping the group?

Edit...they have both teams down as +1 goals. Looks like it’s an error right enough.

Is it maybe decided on seeding or something if teams are level?? Why would they have us topping the group?

Edit...they have both teams down as +1 goals. Looks like it’s an error right enough.

Very confusing.

Group C is Inter Milan’s group. They are top at the moment. Real Madrid are group D.
Looks like it will be Inter in the next round as they play the bottom team and a win, draw or even a defeat depending on the nature of it sees them win the group.

Group C is Inter Milan’s group. They are top at the moment. Real Madrid are group D.

OK.

That's a change from when the original groupings were announced:
alkass-cup-2020.png

They don't half chop and change in this tournament.

So do we top the group on goals scored (7 versus 6 for Aspire) - or do Aspire top the group due to a better goal difference (by 1 goal)?

Rangers have strongest 2004 group, 2005 group not as strong. Scotland squads are subjective and sometimes it is who you know, and slightly weighted towards the SFA performance schools.

Being omitted from Scotland youth squads is nothing to be concerned about, it's how they are progressing at Rangers that matters.
Any idea if the Lindsay deal is set in stone?

Back