Sun - BBC say Michael Stewart won't be back until it can ensure row over Rangers PR chief Traynor won't be repeated

I am no real fan of Traynor but he seems to have the BBC on strings here in a way Rangers simply haven't managed to do despite repeated incidents involving them.

Amazing what happens when it is an individual being criticised. Very much like David Murray in that regard.

So, the Beeb are going to ensure there will be no repeat of Stewart's obvious Rangers hating agenda, are they?
FFS, that's like two wolves and a lamb deciding what's for dinner.

The comments section in this article are mental. Traynor was called in last week to be sacked apparently but he told the board he has so much dirt on them he would use it & is blackmailing Rangers to keep his job :)):)). 19th Century Terrorists really are bat shit crazy & obsessed.
Mentalists in the extreme

They’re having to negotiate with the prick? He should just be told he’s not welcome if his mouth can’t be trusted.

Why hasn't Traynor demanded his sacking, looks to me the BBC gave him an out, but Stewart is too dumb to see it.

how about they just get rid of the biased throbber. but as its the BBC, they probably see it as sticking up for one of their own.

If that's all he needs to do, no apology required, to return to BBC Scotland it would be very easy for him to do so.

Pretty incredible that the BBC are actually enforcing this upon Stewart. Why? Legal issues or are they just taking the opportunity to get rid of the whiney ginger? Why was our response not as hard when they took the piss out the apparent crush at Kilmarnock?
That's a question Stewart might ask at a tribunal. I can't see him going quietly

I think one of the basic rules of someone involved in pr is not to become the story itself. Rightly or wrongly it appears that Traynor is now the story. Maybe that is what his foes want in order to deflect from other issues.

He can't be trust not to have a repeat so why not just sack him? I'm assuming he hasn't apologised either? (or did I miss it?)

I'm presuming that he will be self employed IE LTD Company so should bee able to get ridd of
The clown has got away with it for too long and started to believe he was unrouchable

BBC Scotland never reported on the sectarian assault on a senior Rangers employee in Jim Traynor, not even on its news website. Would they do that if a senior Celtc employee suffered the same ?

Don't like to see anyone loose their job, but in this case:

bwahahahaha you cünt.
He shouldn’t lose him job, what should be happening is JT should be invited in for a live debate with him and let see how much a trumpet he really is as he would be ripped a new hole and be manipulated into saying much much worse.
The clown gets too excited to debate and would make a complete arse of himself while ranting with made up words and stories

I'm convinced Stewart will stick to his guns in the hope that the Rangers haters out there start a petition or a protest against the BBC to get him his gig back.

The Beeb back down and he returns as the man who Rangers couldn't silence.

Guaranteed.

This is no different to the bbc derby pundit who was sacked for racist comments. Stewart "where's the evidence of racism" should get his jotters and be publicly vilified.

He never caused Alfie to be racially abused, he never caused Traynor be attacked, but he is 1 big cog in the 19th Century Terrorist machine which makes scumbags think it's okay.
Hope he loses his job, as a minimum.
Correct. Dehumanise. Intimidate. Exterminate. Straight from the Nazi cookbook

I'm convinced Stewart will stick to his guns in the hope that the Rangers haters out there start a petition or a protest against the BBC to get him his gig back.

The Beeb back down and he returns as the man who Rangers couldn't silence.

Guaranteed.
He has already started his own petition the sad little freak

The problem here is his ego is so big that he will not want to adhere to the rules. The fact that this has been under discussion for so long indicates he is unwilling to back down and conform to normal journalistic standards
In which case he will refuse to adhere to policy and simply spout the same garbag3 on BT.

Pretty incredible that the BBC are actually enforcing this upon Stewart. Why? Legal issues or are they just taking the opportunity to get rid of the whiney ginger? Why was our response not as hard when they took the piss out the apparent crush at Kilmarnock?

Strange goings on unless its because one of our 'suits' got criticised and we fought back. At Killie it was JUST fans that got criticised so perhaps there wasnt the motivation to take them on. Seems like there's a trend here.

BBC say Michael Stewart won’t be back until it can ensure row over Rangers PR chief Traynor won’t be repeated
  • Scott MacArthur
THE BBC have said Michael Stewart WON'T be back until they are certain the pundit's row over Rangers PR chief Jim Traynor won't be repeated.

The former Hearts and Hibs man has been off air for a fortnight after taking aim at Traynor on the Beeb's radio show Sportsound.

Stewart's BBC suspension is still ongoing's BBC suspension is still ongoing

Stewart's BBC suspension is still ongoingCredit: PA:press Association
He has also been absent from TV highlights show Sportscene in which he regularly features alongside host Jonathan Sutherland and Steven Thompson.

James McFadden replaced Stewart initially with Malky Mackay featuring on last night's episode following the weekend action.

SunSport revealed last week Stewart's Beeb suspension would be extended into this week.

But no return date has been set with the broadcaster determined to ensure there is no repeat of the furore.

He blasted Rangers PR chief Traynor during a Sportsound show

He blasted Rangers PR chief Traynor during a Sportsound showCredit: Willie Vass
A BBC spokesperson said: "Our editorial guidelines were not adhered to on Sportsound and we’re still in discussions to ensure there’s no repeat of that in future.

"While those discussions continue, Michael Stewart will not appear on any of our sports programmes."
He'll be back. This is just a wee media dance.

In which case he will refuse to adhere to policy and simply spout the same garbag3 on BT.
I don't think BT would let him do it as well. They will be well aware of the legal situation regards liable and if they allowed him free reign after what has happened at the BBC they would in huge trouble.

My main objection to the whole incident was Stewart shouting 'where's the evidence?' about half a dozen times regarding racial abuse directed towards Morelos. This would be enough to see off any pundit in a right thinking society (England 2 days ago) however it has now completely disappeared from the agenda despite a charge being leveled at a yahoo fan (evidence).

"with Malky Mackay featuring on last night's episode" - BBC Scotland just ooze class, don't they!
The BBC in order to fulfil their liberal woke credentials would in normal circumstances never allow a person previously sacked for racism anywhere near their programmes, however, in modern Scotland being a 19th Century Terrorist aces being a racist.
One might easily think!

The BBC in order to fulfil their liberal woke credentials would in normal circumstances never allow a person previously sacked for racism anywhere near their programmes, however, in modern Scotland being a 19th Century Terrorist aces being a racist.
One might easily think!

You're right!

I thought about how to add or expand on what you said but you nailed it.

The fact that they are even considering taking him back tells you all you need to know about the BBC when it comes to rangers.if he had said the same about Celtics or his arse wouldn,t have touched the ground he would have been out the door so quickly.

Is this not the scenario that Rangers had with BBC Gollum?
He overstepped the mark with us then apologised only to do the same again.
And that's when we took his press pass off him.

The comments section in this article are mental. Traynor was called in last week to be sacked apparently but he told the board he has so much dirt on them he would use it & is blackmailing Rangers to keep his job :)):)). 19th Century Terrorists really are bat shit crazy & obsessed.
Do you expect anything less from those scum bstards? They hate us more than they love their own team.

He never caused Alfie to be racially abused, he never caused Traynor be attacked, but he is 1 big cog in the 19th Century Terrorist machine which makes scumbags think it's okay.
Maybe he didn,t directly cause the attack on traynor bit he cranked up the heat on the man.he might not have fired the gun but he certainly held it.

A BBC spokesperson said: "Our editorial guidelines were not adhered to on Sportsound and we’re still in discussions to ensure there’s no repeat of that in future.

Ballex. The BBC have guidelines? Well, I suppose I once heard a Tory MP, ironically on the BBC, say, "you can no more break guidelines, than you can break a blancmange!". That makes sense now. :oops:

FBS

Roughly translated, BBC asked him to apologise and be more circumspect in the future. The bold boy obviously believes he sets the agenda and refuses on both counts.

What’s the point in being the village idiot if you can’t behave like one!

If that's all he needs to do, no apology required, to return to BBC Scotland it would be very easy for him to do so.
He probably thinks he’s on some sort of crusade for freedom of speech or something so refusing to say he won’t say it again.

I would guess there is a fair chance his actions and the Fall out led to Traynor being assault.

BBC's lawyers like all media lawyers shit themselves when any halfwit slanders or libels someone on one of their broadcasts without the "it's only my opinion" stuff and fannies like Cosgrove know this.
Not to mention of course the dismissive way that Stewart treated the Morelos racism claims would have seen Stewart being hounded out the BBC had he played for any other team in the world rather than Rangers.

Back