Chelsea vs Man Utd

U have to wonder who made up the var rules,

William booked for diving when he was clearly fouled, not checked by var because it's not seen as a obvious error, surely someone having to play 70 minutes on a yellow card they shouldn't have had is an obvious error and disadvantage.

Chelsea had their transfer ban lifted for January

But thought it was a good idea to have Pedro, a fading willian and the donkey Batswhatever as their attack when Abraham and Pulisic are out

To be fair his comments had nothing to do with the fact that Utd have benefited. He's right that the notion of introducing a tolerance on offside calls is ridiculous.

No, he’s completely wrong.

There’s a significant margin of error in the VAR technology, a tolerance was suggested in order to eliminate that margin of error.

giphy.gif

At least one person in London will be enjoying the VAR decisions tonight

To be fair his comments had nothing to do with the fact that Utd have benefited. He's right that the notion of introducing a tolerance on offside calls is ridiculous.

Many of the offsides given after a VAR check have not been ‘clear and obvious’

That’s before you factor in the margin of error in the technology.

the problem i have with var is when the offside call is too close is how do they know the exact point when it left the assists boot , head , etc.

A well drilled off side trap is an art. its a joy to watch. a defence that thinks as one.

but no way can any defence run an offside trap that catches players off by the odd millimetre. I'm not having that

I agree with you

In this instance I thought it was a great delivery and an excellent finish

To pull it back due to half his foot being offside is brutal. I completely understand why they have tried to define any area being off = off but it feels far too clinical and against the spirit of the game to me anyway

Many of the offsides given after a VAR check have not been ‘clear and obvious’

That’s before you factor in the margin of error in the technology.
Goals are not subject to clear and obvious rules from my understanding. All goals are looked at, clear and obvious relates to penalty calls or violent tackles etc

Any part of the attackers body behind the 'VAR line' should be onside, maybe not an arm though.

the problem i have with var is when the offside call is too close is how do they know the exact point when it left the assists boot , head , etc.

They don’t.

Due to the speed of the game and the technology essentially working at 0.02 second intervals, the error can be as much as 40cm.

Last edited:
They don’t.

Due to the speed of the game and the technology essentially working at 0.2 second intervals, the error can be as much as 40cm.
jeez. 40cm even ronald macdonald wouldnt be offside.
this is why its unfair for a goal to be called offside for a toe .

Ffs. A " possibility of a 5th place league finish allowing entry to the champions league". That's not right.

Good to see DeGea's shoulder and neck got all better for post-game back slapping and high-fiving.

Current day footballers are pussies.

Why were Chelsea fans booing Giroud when he came on? Well, the commentator said it was a mixed response from the fans.

i can just see us on the wrong end of these VAR decisions with the same people in charge of video analysis

They don’t.

Due to the speed of the game and the technology essentially working at 0.02 second intervals, the error can be as much as 40cm.

If the margin for error can be 40 cm (about 16 inches) I'm not sure they should be using it.

VAR is an absolute joke. The guy that should have been off scores the second goal and then tries to defend his kickout by saying he was trying to hold him up with his studs. What the actual f@#k!?!?

Harry McGuire is a terrible fucking liar.

At least stop looking at your feet like a wee boy in the headmaster’s office as you attempt to tell us all you didn’t kick out, you were simply “holding him up with my feet”.

VAR and the ref were shocking tonight however the best team won.. Chelsea are awful.

Fred pushes the Chelsea player into the Man United
player, what is the VAR doing?

The Fred push was not responsible for the Chelsea player using two hands to shove Williams flat on his face. Clearly the Var ref judged that Fred’s minimal push did not create the momentum for the two handed push on the defender.

McGuire hould've been sent off for that . 100%. He should be pulled in to explain his explanation too. Unbelievable.

Harry Maguire “his personality saved him” that’s one for the hacks up here ,
Picture the scene Griffiths stamps on someone and Clancy doesn’t send him off because “his personality saves him”

Back