Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

Celtic towns and areas that immediately spring to mind are Royston, Coatbridge, Port Glasgow and Clydebank.

Rangers - most of Ayrshire, Bearsden/Milngavie, Newton Mearns, Clarkston, Giffnock, Larkhall, Strathaven, Bridgeton, Cambuslang, Shettleston.

Don't forger. croy.

Peterhead is blue, stayed there for a few years. Infact Aberdeenshire as a whole is Rangers. Either that or I just keep good company.
Likewise Fraserburgh to back this up. AMongst my friends growing up there were only two Aberdeen fans, the rest Rangers, and all from Rangers supporting families.

Never set out to only be pals with other Bears, just how it was.

As a son of a man born n bred n the garngad I must tell a few truths... The garngad had a very large poet population from the start of the 20th century but in the 90s it started to disappear... I know personally many a good rangers men and huge orange men n woman who were royston born n bred...take the schools also in royston back n the day royston primary and rosemount were both non denominational schools and you only had st Roch's primary.. The Roch sec was attended by townhead,sight hill Germiston,blackhill. And spring burn kids..the garngad now resembles somalia now tbh.. More refugees from Africa than oirland....
Ive also lived in shettleston .. 20yr ago I'd say it was a mixed bag but would sway more towards a rangers area.. You also have parts of easter house ad say well house and provanhall were more rangers n skinheads etc were celtic areas...
Barlanark is also a mixed bag

Eastwood district, which takes in Thornliebank, Newton Mearns, Giffnock, Clarkston, Busby, Netherlee, Williamwood and Eaglesham is overwhelmingly Rangers.

Also home to the famous Clarkston Loyal RSC with close on 150 members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorbals is more celtic but not as bad as it used to be yrs ago its prob not a kick in the arse off 50/50 but they just shade it

I wouldn't question you as you know best obv. I just find it full of second generation mhankies who have came from poorer areas and have massive crucifix shaped chips on their shoulders

I left Glasgow in 1990 so things might have changed now. I remember there being a lot of coppers there in the 60/70's due to some sort of mortgage break they used to get. The old man is in his 80's now and still lives there so at least there's one auld blue nose still flying the good flag. :cool:

Baillieston-

Baillieston True Blues
Swinton Loyal
Garrowhill RSC

All 5-10mins from each other.
Doesn’t feel anymore blue than green, probably as we’re banging on the door of Coatbridge.

Lived in Cardonald for the past 7 years and can honestly say I’ve never felt in the minority.

Thornliebank before that was of good stock.

Raised in Priesthill, drank in Nitshill and there is definitely a higher percentage of Tims in comparison to Cardonald/Tbank. More so in Nitshill.

Alloa / Clackmannanshire has the following who run buses to every game.

Wee County True Blues RSC (double decker every home game, full coach every away game)
Alva & District RSC
Horseshoe Bar RSC
Alloa Royal Blue RSC
Amoruso True Blues RSC

There are also smaller RSC's that don't run buses.

The tarries have two buses that leave from Pepes, both of which have to pick up elsewhere to fill them..... manky tramps.

Most of South Lanarkshire is blue apart from pockets in Hamilton and Blantyre. Rural areas are especially staunch.
Ashgill used to have a higher population per head in the orange order than anywhere in the world at one time and Stonehouse's favourite anthem was 'there's no chapel in our town'.

Probably different now but back when we were boys it was very much that way.

Having spent my early years in the Falkirk area, let me tell you 90 percent of the toons and villages in Stirlingshire, most of the good part of West Lothian and heading into Lanarkshire are of the staunch variety, some even so staunch they fall off the staunch scale!

Greenock is definitely full of the mentally challengeds.
Maybe more rangers fans travel from port Glasgow than the scum but more scum live here.
We are out numbered for sure

Greenock is hoaching with tims these days. I don’t remember it being quite so bad when I was a kid and visiting family but now they’re everywhere

Moving way beyond the central belt, I gather the Highlands and Islands are staunch as %^*&

Having lived in the west end I can say that Partick is not majority jag, not even close. They stay Jordanhill/hyndland/anniesland way

Anyone know what Stranraer is?

In there often, thought it was loyal at first but most people I've spoken to inshops support the Mhanks and a Mhanks bus leaves from there. Hear a lot of Ulster accents though.

Back