Dembeles fall from grace

I’ve heard Sinclair mentioned more in English media recently and given he couldn’t get a game at Villa clubs will be wary of spending on him.

The injury prone mega star has now been linked with another dembele dollar move to a European powerhouse

Yes after the giants of Barca, Real & PSG all watching him Brighton now linked as per the Sun. Not providing links

Stephen McGowan is pushing the “Brighton considering a 20 million bid” line in the Daily Mail.
Obviously looking to punt him as his stock continues to fall. A few months ago it was 40 million
to a “champions league” team. Liewell propaganda anyone ?

Last edited:
They've peaked, thats clear to see now.

They can probably afford to get by this season with the other froggy and man of many children as the strikers til the end of the season given the points advantage. They'll punt Dembele in January

As hard as if find it to believe, most of the media muppets seemed to have realised how fûckin obscenely stupid they've been in sabre-rattling for this player.

Although, I did hear Keevins at the usual slimey, salubrious and salacious(hard-on for anything Manky) prose, bumming the cûnt up around the weekend.

A decent striker who they all had a collective cum session over after that hat-trick against Warburton's hopelessly organised, shitebag side at the Peadodome last year. File under single figure millions back to France or some obscure English mob.

He was never going to sign for Barca, Real or any of the top clubs.

He will eventually go for a record fee though, probably to a Stoke, West Brom or some club like that.

Bang average player who is made to look good in Scottish football. Put him on the big stage and he disappears.

He was never going to sign for Barca, Real or any of the top clubs.

He will eventually go for a record fee though, probably to a Stoke, West Brom or some club like that.

The big question is though how much of that record fee will they actually see?

It’s pretty much been confirmed that Dembele signed with a chunk of any follow on fee going to himself and his people. It’s said it’s anywhere from 20% to 40% depending on who you listen to.

I predicted over a year ago at the height of Dembele-mania that he’d end up at a club like West Brom or Hull City for £10m at the very most. No doubt they’ll end up blaming his injuries as to why he’ll never end up at a top club when the truth is a mixture of that and him just being vastly overrated.

I predicted over a year ago at the height of Dembele-mania that he’d end up at a club like West Brom or Hull City for £10m at the very most. No doubt they’ll end up blaming his injuries as to why he’ll never end up at a top club when the truth is a mixture of that and him just being vastly overrated.

They will still make a decent profit on him but it will be an undisclosed fee and nowhere near the 30-40 Million quoted .

The over inflated valuations of their players is in a bit of freefall just now. After the PSG horsing and even the cup final against Motherwell, the values of their superstars went backwards.

I actually think Hibs will win on Sunday................

Certainly seems to be struggling with recurring injuries this season.

Still prefer they punted him.

Bang average player who is made to look good in Scottish football. Put him on the big stage and he disappears.

That’s the thing mate I don’t he even looks good in Scottish football. When was the last game he even stood out. He’s so injury prone as well and with it always being hamstrings no ‘big’ team would take a punt on that.

They will want rid desperately as he is costing them 35k per week for 15-20 games a year.

That’s the thing they’ve gave broonaldo more money, Armstrong more money, Tierney vastly more money, Rogic more money. So for all the billions they are making, they genuinely do need it. Their wage bills astronomical.

Dembele is a good striker. Very injury prone and a risk for anyone who takes a punt on him. The bigger clubs he's been linked to would be insane to consider him. He is one of the most incredibly overrated players in football at the moment. A lower level EPL team or Championship would be a good level if he stays fit long enough to be of any real use.

He’ll go for around 15 million if he sorts his injury issues. Never understood how anyone could buy the whole 40 million for a 21 year non capped player!

but but but... the Scottish Media were quite clear! he's worth, £20m, £25m or £40m!!! how can this be so.....??

I wish we’d signed him, got s good year out of him and then punted him for a profit - which they will do

Find it hard to crow about them, despite all their obvious BS hype, because they are clearly so much better at all that than us at the moment (and have been for years if truth be told).

Unfortunately they are still selling players like Dembele for £10M+ while we are struggling to get £1M for our player and the admission by King that they fecked up the McKay transfer doesn’t exactly bode well for Robertson and Co’s negotiation skills.

Couple of phlastics of my acquaintance on Facebook earlier agreeing with one another that Celtic should punt Dembele.

Giving Sutton some stick, too, but I can't be arsed reading enough to find out why.

Stephen McGowan is pushing the “Brighton considering a 20 million bid” line in the Daily Mail.
Obviously looking to punt him as his stock continues to fall. A few months ago it was 40 million
to a “champions league” team. Liewell propaganda anyone ?

They'll get £5 million if they're lucky

Only £20m? Christ, the Dembele Dollar must be taking a battering against the Pound.

I disagree. He doesn't even look good in Scottish football! What was he, the 3rd or 4th top scorer in the league last year, in the team that won the league at a canter?

Since his comeback from his latest, in a long run of, injuries - he doesn't appear to have a first touch.

Its actually hilarious watching him fumble the ball at his feet every five minutes.

They'll probably get around 12, and from what I've read around half of that will go to him as a payoff for coming to Scotland in the first place.

Take into consideration how much they've spunked on wages for someone that hardly plays, they won't be cha ching after he goes - not by a long shot.

They would’ve probably sold him in the summer if he hadn’t got injured again. Can’t believe some of the stuff the media up here we’re printing about him....£40 million etc etc. Fucking embarrassing, the lot of them.

He’ll go for 8 million or so.

English teams for all their money have always offered a paucity of funds when purchasing from Scotland. Nobody is going to put £20 million on the table when they can get more bang for their buck elsewhere.

Tierney is in the same boat by the way, I’ve even seen folk on here talking him up. Can’t be that hard to be a maurading full back in a one team league this last few years. If he’d have come in and held his own at Camp Nou or parc des princes I might have believed the hype

Last edited:
He’ll go for 8 million or so.

English teams for all their money have always offered a paucity of funds when purchasing from Scotland. Nobody is going to put £20 million on the table when they can get more bang for their buck elsewhere.

Tierney is in the same boat by the way, I’ve even seen folk on here talking him up. Can’t be that hard to be a maurading full back in a one team league this last few years. If he’d have come in and held his own at Camp Nou or parc des princes I might have believed the hype

I know it's still early days yet but I think McCrorie looks a far better prospect than Tierney.

Brenda has obviously been told to play him ahead of thumb heid to put him in the shop window but he gets injured and dosnt score and they then bring on a 19 year old loanee from PSG.

Back