Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

And yet the RC population has pretty much stayed the same in the last 40 years. In fact without the recent influx of immigrants it would probably have fallen.
Think the problem is that "neutral" families will now sway towards the BHEAST due to their positive PR machine.

Think the problem is that "neutral" families will now sway towards the BHEAST due to their positive PR machine.
Unfortunately very true. I stay in Edinburgh and just the other day passed a house where you see that the wee boy (about 6 years old) now adorns the mhanky rag. The family are Jambo’s but the boy has been corrupted by them winning - albeit corruptly. I will need to have a word with the father before it is too late!

Unfortunately very true. I stay in Edinburgh and just the other day passed a house where you see that the wee boy (about 6 years old) now adorns the mhanky rag. The family are Jambo’s but the boy has been corrupted by them winning - albeit corruptly. I will need to have a word with the father before it is too late!

Weird to think that these days a jambo family would allow such behaviour. Not long ago that would not have happened. How times have changed eh?

Right you are.
To be fair, there are parts of Clydebank which very much are staunch, though there are others which are more stench than staunch I'll admit. Still a hell of a lot of descendants of shipyard workers in the town and they were largely Rangers. Like most places, the bowling clubs & golf clubs, of which there are many, are almost exclusively Rangers, not to mention the Masonics.

Whitecrook and most of Duntocher would be stench, Hardgate, Parkhall and probably Faifley mostly staunch. Town centre pretty mixed.

Baillieston is debatable.

There's 3 different supporters clubs leaving Baillieston for Ibrox every second Saturday - 2 from the masonic and 1 from the log cabin.

Then you also have Swinton and Garrowhill busses which are arguably Baillieston.

So 5 busses every Second Saturday - the poets have 1 from Swinton.

But in their favour we don't have 1 rangers boozer and they have multiple 19th Century Terrorist sh*tholes

Sorry mate, I forgot about that one.
South Lanarkshire Totally Blue
North Lanarkshire Predominantly Blue minus Coatbridge and Croy. Any advance on that people ?
Blantyre and Hamilton have more of the mhanky variety I'm afraid mate,EK is probably slightly more bears than them but not by a huge amount in my experience.
Your hometown is either bears or folk that like rugby and don't care,same in surrounding villages where I am although closer you get to West Linton way more Hearts fans pop up.

Agree 100%, stay in Greenock and you'd think Greenock and Gourock was Septic towns also. A lot of buses go to Septic park from the area but theres more bears in the area than them.
Difference is that we have lots of other clothes to wear instead of our teams colours.
Last few years you couldn't buy a Rangers top so hopefully thoughts will be changing now that we can...

I totally agree with you fellow bear.

Moving way beyond the central belt, I gather the Highlands and Islands are staunch as %^*&

Having lived in the west end I can say that Partick is not majority jag, not even close. They stay Jordanhill/hyndland/anniesland way
Apart from South Uist and Barra. Lewis and Harris is the worlds largest Rangers Supporters Club

If he has a beast top on its already too late. I don't know how any self respecting family can allow this to happen. Chain the wee bastard up until he's old enough to be thrown out into the street and forgotten about.

Apart from South Uist and Barra. Lewis and Harris is the worlds largest Rangers Supporters Club

Would also have no hesitation in saying Islay is 75/25 in favour of Rangers. Have friends over there and everywhere you look there's someone with a Rangers strip on! There are a variety of Church of Scotland churches on the island yet only one Catholic one so can see why.

And yet the RC population has pretty much stayed the same in the last 40 years. In fact without the recent influx of immigrants it would probably have fallen.
I don't think that they are outbreeding us it may be simply that RCs by and large support only one team and that obviously is celtic whereas many protestants in the central belt will support their local team, added to that there seems to be a growing number from protestant , non denominational backgrounds who now follow the mhanks.
On that point does anyone know a catholic who supports Rangers ???

There aren't any areas where the tramps outnumber us.

The blunt truth is Scotland is still 80% proddy 20% tim. It drives them crazy that this is simply true.

All that happens is that tims seem to herd together near tim school bigot factories and then they appear to be a large part of the population, because they never have their shitey green and grey crap off their unwashed bodies.

We are the people, timmy, and don't you forget it :D

I don't think that they are outbreeding us it may be simply that RCs by and large support only one team and that obviously is celtic whereas many protestants in the central belt will support their local team, added to that there seems to be a growing number from protestant , non denominational backgrounds who now follow the mhanks.
On that point does anyone know a catholic who supports Rangers ???

I know a few, mixed marriages and the boys following their dads team

To be fair, there are parts of Clydebank which very much are staunch, though there are others which are more stench than staunch I'll admit. Still a hell of a lot of descendants of shipyard workers in the town and they were largely Rangers. Like most places, the bowling clubs & golf clubs, of which there are many, are almost exclusively Rangers, not to mention the Masonics.

Whitecrook and most of Duntocher would be stench, Hardgate, Parkhall and probably Faifley mostly staunch. Town centre pretty mixed.
"More stench than staunch" excellent :)

For any Ayrshire Bears.

I have family in Galston and when I first visited them it seemed to be fairly blue.
Recent years I’ve noticed more of a pape influence when I’ve been over.
Twice in fact in pubs I’ve witnessed some typical 19th Century Terrorist like behaviour.

The Smiddy used to be Tim hole if I mind mate

It was indeed. Also, the Dolphin was a beggar shop, but largely outnumbered by Rangers pubs, mainly towards the west end of Dumbarton Road with a few exceptions such as Memories.

Partick is definitely a prod zone. Many a bear friendly pub to choose from along with Rosevale RSC. 2 bheast pubs in the whole area that need to cower and close the shutters when they see a cultural walk go by!

Last edited:
That forum that came from is reeking of the filth. Where the fuck do they get the proof that there are more scum supporters over the world than Rangers? Just because people are of Irish ancestry doesn't make them supporters of that mob. Seriously, they think they have masses of supporters in Asia? The Thai Tims or whatever they call them are hardly Asia as a whole. I was flicking through some book in Waterstones recently that claimed they had 9 MILLION fans worldwide! Honestly, they really do live in the realms of fantasy.

As for towns for us and them, I've always thought Airdrie was blue and Coatbridge green. Fife and Ayrshire good bluenose areas too, as is Argyll.

Correct

Reactions: ao2
I'd venture that the Rangers support represents a far broader range of cultures and religions that the Tims who, I would guess, draw their support from a very narrow ( and narrow minded) section of society. And yet we're tarred with the sectarian brush more than them.

Eastwood district, which takes in Thornliebank, Newton Mearns, Giffnock, Clarkston, Busby, Netherlee, Williamwood and Eaglesham is overwhelmingly Rangers.

At the last census we outnumber them 9 to 1.

Also home to the famous Clarkston Loyal RSC with close on 150 members.
Thornliebak is going down hill is the hungry horse in the Mearns not mentally challenged infested.

As a former resident of Partick, it was very much a Rangers area back then. I doubt it’s changed that much in the last 10 years?

There has to be more rangers fans residing in and around Partick than celtic and Partick fans combined. And by miles.

Partick is very much a blue stronghold (minus two shitehole pubs), more so than many an area in Glasgow.

Shawlands is letting it's self down these days with Sweeneys on the park and Hegertys being rat traps. Although was glad when Kelly's closed this year.

Still mostly staunch though. Even our hipster bars like the Butterfly and Pig have a hand above the door.

Back