McInnes it is not - Staying with the sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him as a half decent player, and I think he represents the club well, but have no clue whatsoever about the coaching abilities of JJ - I presume like the vast majority of fans, so am unsure where his reputation as a "great" coach has been built.

This being the case, it wouldn't surprise me if DM wanted a different no 3 - one of his own choice, not that of Pedro, who has been absolutely lambasted for pretty much every other decision he made.

From this

DQb8oCCUEAELWZ1.jpg

to this

DQb8oCAUMAAgufH.jpg

Diddy Club

If the sheep were any sort of threat, you could buy one of those houses overlooking their training field and hire someone to report back if it so suited. I've played in better places in the unders!

Hull - manager leaves Monday, new manager appointed last night. That's how it should be done. It's called planning and contingency.

Maybe the likes of Stewart Robertson need to go on a course ?!
How many managers have hull went through recently? Clearly rushing into an appointment isn't always the best way

Manager leaves, new manager in within a week. That's normal.

6 weeks without a manger is not normal.

You cannot make excuses for the shambles that our board have made of this.
not in all cases. Look at Everton? Also teams after put a caretaker or interim in change for extended periods. Chelsea being an example in recent history.

Hull have rushed and took a guy who will probably get sacked again in 6 months.

I'm fairly certain that it's always been on the Friday since Murty took the reigns. Whether the game is on a Saturday or a Sunday, the only exception being Friday night games - then it's been a Thursday.
Its always a Thursday for Saturday games but when its a Friday it has been the day before.

Is that genuinely their training area? It's just a patch of uneven grass.

They use a bunch of public parks round the city. All the players show up at Pittodrie in the morning, jump in a minibus and are carted off to wherever they are training that day.

You know for sure we're doing a presser today? Bit daft to do that tbh, especially as we haven't done Thursday ones recently
The last one was the 23d Nov, the Thursday because it was a Saturday game, when its a Friday it seems to change but normally its 2 days before but has changed recently.

not in all cases. Look at Everton? Also teams after put a caretaker or interim in change for extended periods. Chelsea being an example in recent history.

Hull have rushed and took a guy who will probably get sacked again in 6 months.
Hull just happened to be the example i used. The club itself is irrelevant. It is extremely rare for a mid season appointment to take 6 weeks. Very rare. That's the point.

6 weeks for us is a joke though - considering it has been McInnes all along.

This is what happens when you have someone like Stewart Robertson who dithers about and generally is out of his depth.

They use a bunch of public parks round the city. All the players show up at Pittodrie in the morning, jump in a minibus and are carted off to wherever they are training that day.

Don’t be daft mate, their a massive world wild club dealing hammerblows on a daily basis! They tell us where to train from now on, dineee yeee keeeenn

Do they still use Seaton or is that something I've totally made up?

I’m not too sure on that one.

I know Robert Gordons have priority to Countesswells, obviously the Army have priority to the Barricks so when they can’t get either of them they’ll head to Balgownie, maybe they’ll use Seaton sometimes since it’s closer.

The last one was the 23d Nov, the Thursday because it was a Saturday game, when its a Friday it seems to change but normally its 2 days before but has changed recently.
really? I could have sworn Murty's moved them to the day before more than once.

Either way, I don't think it's wise for us to do one today with Murty

Its always a Thursday for Saturday games but when its a Friday it has been the day before.

Just checked the dates of the press conferences on YouTube. What I said is correct - since Murty took over, it's been the Friday for Saturday and Sunday games and the day before for any midweek game. Don't be excited for a Rangers press conference today.

Murty has had them on Friday/the day before recently. Would expect the same this time, perhaps with McInnes instead.

Ah ok. Was wondering as if it had been planned for today but delayed till tomorrow it might've given an indication DM would be taking the presser.

really? I could have sworn Murty's moved them to the day before more than once.

Either way, I don't think it's wise for us to do one today with Murty
Actually you are right, i thought the 23rd we played on the Saturday but we didnt, my mistake, it used to be 2 days before but Murty has changed it.

Even before the Partick game he did it the day before.

McInnes today and presser for the game tomorow maybe ?

From this

DQb8oCCUEAELWZ1.jpg

to this

DQb8oCAUMAAgufH.jpg

Diddy Club

They use Bridge of Don army barracks and don't allow the visiting soldiers to use the football pitch as they paid for an new training pitch to be installed. During my basic training in the mid 80s you would see Sir Alex hammering them on a daily basis. It worked for them as they were decent back then.

Just checked the dates of the press conferences on YouTube. What I said is correct - since Murty took over, it's been the Friday for Saturday and Sunday games and the day before for any midweek game. Don't be excited for a Rangers press conference today.
You are right i got the dates wrong, it was always 2 days under Pedro usually but it has changed since.

It was just an example of a club having a plan and a contingency. I only used Hull purely as a recent example of managerial movement.

Either way, 6 weeks for us is utterly ridiculous.

So dropping from top 10 club to 60th is OK, as long as you appear to be planning which diddy to allow to drag you down further?

For all we know, they shat it, sacked their manager and signed up the first clown to show an interest.

That would be better for Rangers than the way it has played out?

6 weeks is a joke but to suggest that it would have been better if, for example we just brought McLeish or McCoist back on a 4 year deal the next afternoon, just because it was quick, is madness.

Hull just happened to be the example i used. The club itself is irrelevant. It is extremely rare for a mid season appointment to take 6 weeks. Very rare. That's the point.

6 weeks for us is a joke though - considering it has been McInnes all along.

This is what happens when you have someone like Stewart Robertson who dithers about and generally is out of his depth.

out of interest . explain Stewart Robertson's role in the appointment of a new manager ?

Do they still use Seaton or is that something I've totally made up?

They've not used Seaton for years now. There was an agreement with Balgownie to use it as the main training area however, some of the pitches don't hold up great in the rain. The Barracks pitches were actually decent surfaces but the logistics of it all are a bit of a nonsense and players can't stay behind very easily to work on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back