Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

Baillieston-

Baillieston True Blues
Swinton Loyal
Garrowhill RSC

All 5-10mins from each other.
Doesn’t feel anymore blue than green, probably as we’re banging on the door of Coatbridge.
When I was growing up in Baillieston we were outnumbering them but only just,now when I go back to my old mans or my Bros all I see are green and grey...I know the True Blues and the rest fight the good fight!
No Surrender

Gas scheme loyal(Albion st)

All of the Southside except simshill and stamperland

Both infested

If your talking about stamperland in clarkston south side then I’m afraid that’s nonsense my gran used to stay there and hardly seen a yahoo in the 27 years since moving just the other month.

Very surprised that no one has mentioned Edinburgh! Especially the number of students moving there from Glasgow etc for University. Must be thousands and probably a bold statement to make but an equal number of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs fans that all live there?

Thornliebak is going down hill is the hungry horse in the Mearns not mentally challenged infested.

Thornliebank certainly isn't the way it was when my old man grew up there, but is still predominantly Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giffnock is a weird one...lots of middle class tims moving in to the huge super Bigot Factory. But in general most people remain staunch, or into rugby/athletics etc...in fact the number of folk we know who don't like football much or go to football is incredibly high.

No football pubs...OP is mentally challenged run but doesn't show OF games etc. Redhurst is blue, and Bank is mixed I think. What about Overlea in Clarkston?

Slightly off topic but when the "yes" campaigners opened a campaign shop in Dennistoun i told them their presence wouldnt be welcome in a predominantly loyalist area. They went fkn mental at that statement. t was sheer joy, they went ballistic ! The outrage from their right on hipster idiots was particularly gratifying.

It was at that moment their hatred towards all things British, Rangers & Loyalists became clear and what things would have been like had they won that vote.

If your talking about stamperland in clarkston south side then I’m afraid that’s nonsense my gran used to stay there and hardly seen a yahoo in the 27 years since moving just the other month.

Spot on mate.

Giffnock is a weird one...lots of middle class tims moving in to the huge super Bigot Factory. But in general most people remain staunch, or into rugby/athletics etc...in fact the number of folk we know who don't like football much or go to football is incredibly high.

No football pubs...OP is mentally challenged run but doesn't show OF games etc. Redhurst is blue, and Bank is mixed I think. What about Overlea in Clarkston?

Probably 70/30 mate.

Cartvale likewise, then there's Busby Masonic.

Eglinton Arms will be about 80/20.

Mearns, Giffnock and Clarkston bowling clubs all staunch too.

Very surprised that no one has mentioned Edinburgh! Especially the number of students moving there from Glasgow etc for University. Must be thousands and probably a bold statement to make but an equal number of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs fans that all live there?

*Awaits someone creating a new thread of opening a Rangers Bar in the capital!

Growing up in the 60s, Fort William, Lochaber, and the wider Inverness-shire were more blue than green...not so sure these days though

In my experience Springburn is more Rangers.
Growing up in Springburn in the 90s, it was definitely majority Rangers. There were a few mentally challengeds who would attend All Saints, and the non-denom schools.

At the moment I stay in the wider Springburn area (Balornock), and I'd say we are still a slight majority, but it's lot closer than I remember it being when I was younger.

Would people say that in general the city centre of Glasgow and inner suburbs are more Celtic now as the generations we grew up with move out the way? Is that a factor? Or is just them winning and attracting glory hunters who - thanks to world class PR - ignore their sordid past?

Would people say that in general the city centre of Glasgow and inner suburbs are more Celtic now as the generations we grew up with move out the way? Is that a factor? Or is just them winning and attracting glory hunters who - thanks to world class PR - ignore their sordid past?
Regarding the city centre, I think it's a lot easier from them to smuggle their pubs by disguising them as Irish pubs. Your average student or tourist who frequents those places probably doesn't give much of a toss about 'ra hoops', but the popularity of those places does give them some claim to having more 'territory' in the city centre than we do.

Regarding the 'inner suburbs' (which I'm assuming you mean the parts of the city not covered by the city centre), not everyone moves out of the city. I was born and grew up in Springburn, and while I've spent time living in NI and England, when I've been living in Scotland it's always been in Glasgow. In the near future I can see myself moving to somewhere like Dennistoun, the city centre, and possibly the West End, but the likes of Newton Mearns and Bishopbriggs do not interest me.

I also happen to know quite a few older bears who have remained in the areas of the city they've grown up in, but I suppose the counterpart to that is they did not really have the means to move elsewhere, and in many cases their children (who had better paying jobs) did move away.

Spent my teenage years in Currie, lots of bluenoses there, even though it was primarily a Hearts area back then. Currently live in an area that’s mainly Hibs.

Longstone seems to have a decent Rangers presence these days, but again the vast majority are Hearts/Hibs.

Wee bloo toon for me when back in uk

Even the xnas lights are blue and white

Just ask someone from bowling club

Celtic towns and areas that immediately spring to mind are Royston, Coatbridge, Port Glasgow and Clydebank.

Rangers - most of Ayrshire, Bearsden/Milngavie, Newton Mearns, Clarkston, Giffnock, Larkhall, Strathaven, Bridgeton, Cambuslang, Shettleston.
We're not all mentally challengeds in Clydebank.

Hullo,Hullo,
We are the Ayrshire Boys,
Hullo,Hullo,
You'll know us by our noise,
We,re up to our knees in fhilthy mud,
No surrender is our cry,
We are the people and Rangers till we die.
South Ayrshire is loyal.

Shawlands is letting it's self down these days with Sweeneys on the park and Hegertys being rat traps. Although was glad when Kelly's closed this year.

Still mostly staunch though. Even our hipster bars like the Butterfly and Pig have a hand above the door.
Kelly's just moved to city centre at the old quarter gill did it not?

East Kilbride is majority Rangers. They have maybe 2/3 pubs at most, although they have been very noisy the past few years.

The fact it says Shettleston is Celtic means this is wrong. Not even getting into the "partick thistle" areas :D
This definitely, Greenfield is green 2 tim schools virtually next door Shettleston has Eastbank Academy which when I went was full of good guys wi the occasional tin tape. But Greenfield doesn't even get on the map.:D

Probably 70/30 mate.

Cartvale likewise, then there's Busby Masonic.

Eglinton Arms will be about 80/20.

Mearns, Giffnock and Clarkston bowling clubs all staunch too.

As an ex Eastwood boy I’d be very sad to hear that the Mearns, Giffnock, williamwood, Woodfarm and Clarkston were anything but blue. And I’d be gobsmacked if Thornliebank was anything but 100% staunch but I suppose times change. It’s good to see that there are still a few like yourself MU fighting the good fight..

For any Ayrshire Bears.

I have family in Galston and when I first visited them it seemed to be fairly blue.
Recent years I’ve noticed more of a pape influence when I’ve been over.
Twice in fact in pubs I’ve witnessed some typical 19th Century Terrorist like behaviour.
Galston is the pape town of the Irvine valley. Has the chapel and the Catholic
School. Newmilns ( where I am originally from) is now mainly DSS Glasgow/EK overspill and some locals. I hardly recognise anyone there now. I didn't even know what a mentally challenged was other than seeing them on TV till I was about 10. Darvel is definitely Rangers though.

Baillieston is debatable.

There's 3 different supporters clubs leaving Baillieston for Ibrox every second Saturday - 2 from the masonic and 1 from the log cabin.

Then you also have Swinton and Garrowhill busses which are arguably Baillieston.

So 5 busses every Second Saturday - the poets have 1 from Swinton.

But in their favour we don't have 1 rangers boozer and they have multiple 19th Century Terrorist sh*tholes

What’s the 3 clubs? I only know of the BTB’s and the recently formed GRSC that leaves from the Springcroft. The more the better though.

Is the Loggy not a Gers boozer? What’s the mhanks pubs? I know the Thistle is.

Galston is the pape town of the Irvine valley. Has the chapel and the Catholic
School. Newmilns ( where I am originally from) is now mainly DSS Glasgow/EK overspill and some locals. I hardly recognise anyone there now. I didn't even know what a mentally challenged was other than seeing them on TV till I was about 10. Darvel is definitely Rangers though.

Yeah, Galston is a weird place.

I'm originally from Hurlford and that was mostly Rangers/Killie when I was growing up. The catholic school shut down about 20 years ago because of a lack of pupils.

It all belongs to Rangers as far as I am concerned.

Also East Lothian where I am I would say is more Rangers, home of John Knox and all that.

As an ex Eastwood boy I’d be very sad to hear that the Mearns, Giffnock, williamwood, Woodfarm and Clarkston were anything but blue. And I’d be gobsmacked if Thornliebank was anything but 100% staunch but I suppose times change. It’s good to see that there are still a few like yourself MU fighting the good fight..

There's plenty of us here mate and it won't be changing anytime soon.

Like I said my old man was born and bred Thornliebank and although we're in the majority, it's not the stronghold it once was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to hear Shettleston is up for debate. I always thought that place was 100% poet, considering we call them the Shettlestons. :D

As a former resident of Partick, it was very much a Rangers area back then. I doubt it’s changed that much in the last 10 years?

Can confirm a lot of my family are from Partick and all good proddy blood. Used to stay up Knightswood and it was pretty mixed where i lived. Yoker however, was rabid mentally challengeds, probably still walking about with that ugly,ugly bumblebee strip they had

Im not saying this because im biased which i am, but its no secret that most of the shitter areas in Glasgow are infested

I spent my formative years in Lanarkshire, mostly Hamilton and Bothwell.

Hamilton I remember was probably blue back in the day but I’m pretty sure it’s 50-50 nowadays.

Bothwell I reckon has more of us but the bheasts make more of their association with Scotland’s real shame so it comes across a bit poety.

I’m pretty sure Cleland has a high proportion of mentally challengeds as does parts of Blantyre.

Stonehouse is probably on a par with Larkhall.

Now living in Broomhill, where fitba is a sport for commoners, so it’s Loyalist Partick for me when I need decent company.

WATP

Back