Morelos was brilliant tonight

DurhamBear

I don't think he deserved to be booked but that's not what I want this thread to be about. But of course we will miss him next week.

Yes, he didn't score tonight and he had a few chances, but on other nights those will go in. He's back on form for me.

That aside, he bossed their back line, took up great positions, pulled them all over the place and put in a great shift.

Agree? Disagree?

I don't think he deserved to be booked but that's not what I want this thread to be about. But of course we will miss him next week.

Yes, he didn't score tonight and he had a few chances, but on other nights those will go in. He's back on form for me.

That aside, he bossed their back line, took up great positions, pulled them all over the place and put in a great shift.

Agree? Disagree?
He got better after we scored but still missed two guilt edge chances.
Probably a blessing in disguise he is not playing next week as means we need to change our shape and have a new hero step up

Referees seem to be against him his run up the park at the end was a clear foul but absolutely top class at that point in the game

Worked hard but missed 2 good chances and a sitter, as well as missing teammates with two opportunities to square when in behind.

Needs to do better, can do better.

Was a complete idiot to get booked in that manner, but put in a real good shift for the team in the second half.

Agree? Disagree?

Not sure if this a wind up or not but I thought he was absolutely hopeless tonight. His job is to score goals and if he’s in form he has at least one goal tonight.

At the end of the game he loses the ball at the edge of their box and instead of bursting his balls off to get it back he goes in a huff.

I know we all love Morelos but there’s no need to blindly defend him when he’s put in a poor shift like he did tonight.

Agree? Disagree?
Sorry mate need to disagree.. he was well off the pace and snatching at shots..

Thought he was really poor. Missed at least 3 good chances, failed to convert 2 opportunities into chances. Mostly in first half.
Booked for shouting directly at the ref.
Needs to up his game.

He never hid, which a lot of players do after missing a couple of chances, and the last 30 minutes were definitely a lot more like him.

His movement was good but he didn't hold off defenders as well as he usually does. Easily his best performance since the turn of the year though, and hopefully he gets a couple of goals on Sunday to get right back into it.

That chance he missed I'll forgive him hes close to the keeper gets a good foot on it and cant really do much more with it.

He ran them ragged always available and looking to make things happen. He is slowly getting back to his best

Agree? Disagree?

I agree, I think most forget the keeper has had a blinder tonight as well.

Back