Dembeles fall from grace

He will end up going somewhere for an "undisclosed fee". This to protect the fact that the player is an injury liability and also to protect Shellick and their media lackies face.

Griffiths is the better player.

I doubt Griffiths was a better player at Dembele's age. However, I agree that in the here and now Griffiths is their better option.

Conundrum for the dhims is their one up top system - chosing to play Griffiths diminishes Dembele's value further but realistically they'll still get a bigger transfer fee for him than Griffiths when they move on. I suspect Thumb cannot be too happy at the moment.

Was there not a rumour that when he signed his contract contained a clause that he gets a percentage of any future transfer fee ?

He’ll go for around 15 million if he sorts his injury issues. Never understood how anyone could buy the whole 40 million for a 21 year non capped player!

Because Fat Peter knows the mongtards in their support lap it up hence why he pushes it with his chosen journalists.

Its been happening for decades, Stevie Fulton was the new Roberto Baggio at one point in the early 90s........

I’ve heard Sinclair mentioned more in English media recently and given he couldn’t get a game at Villa clubs will be wary of spending on him.

Celtc and Sinclair in particular were being slaughtered by a pundit on talkradio, basically the guy said the only reason he is at the scumhut is that he is not very good, certainly not good enough for the premiership.

Sinclair & Dembele had good 1st seasons at C*ltic but this season havent been great because players get used to the way they play.

Sinclair will not leave Celtic for big bucks because he has already played in the Premier League and failed so they wont make alot of money from him. Dembele on the other hand is a bit different he is younger and untested at that leval. The issue they have is that they have been horrendous this season in the Champions League and thats what will give their players the value. I can see Dembele leaving Celtic in the summer for about £10 million tops.

The way Scott Sinclair went from being a nobody in the English Premiership to Player of the Year in the Scottish Premiership should be proof enough to your bigger clubs that standing out in this league means absolutely nothing.
if we are honest, its exactly the same as Boumsong and Cuellar.
Stellar up here, down there- not so much

No one is interested as they all know his knees are shafted. They tried their best to bluff everyone in deadline day last year with the "doctors appointment" he had in London. To give the appearance he was actually in talks with a london club and try to force someone into making an offer.

He would be bang average in the Premier league. he will join an also ran club, spend 70% of his time on the physio table and be forgotten in 5 years.

I know it's still early days yet but I think McCrorie looks a far better prospect than Tierney.

Yes and the big fella plays in a more challenging position. Will he get the media circle-jerk like Tierney does, of course he won't. Tierney is a decent young player, but correct me if I'm wrong, didn't big DJ say he was the best left back in Britain or some such pish???

He’ll go for 8 million or so.

English teams for all their money have always offered a paucity of funds when purchasing from Scotland. Nobody is going to put £20 million on the table when they can get more bang for their buck elsewhere.

Tierney is in the same boat by the way, I’ve even seen folk on here talking him up. Can’t be that hard to be a maurading full back in a one team league this last few years. If he’d have come in and held his own at Camp Nou or parc des princes I might have believed the hype
built like the side of a fiver, can you imagine if he comes up against a Kyle Walker/Antonio Valencia..

Sinclair and his bird will want back to England soon to settle their wean in an English school, so at 29 in March, his next move will need to be soon to ensure a decent length of contract and wage.
Everyone down south knows he is a 1 season wonder, therefore any premier league team having a look at him in the next 6 months, he will bite their hand off.

Sinclair and his bird will want back to England soon to settle their wean in an English school, so at 29 in March, his next move will need to be soon to ensure a decent length of contract and wage.
Everyone down south knows he is a 1 season wonder, therefore any premier league team having a look at him in the next 6 months, he will bite their hand off.

I think his next move could be a promoted team from the championship to PL or a West Brom , Brighton , Huddersfield. 2 or 3 million at most.

I don't agree he's not better than Griffiths but his injury issues are really causing problems for their inflated valuation of him.

I take great joy reading posts on Facebook from my bother in laws business partner who follows the scum everywhere and he's been slating Roberts, Sinclair and especially Armstrong for weeks. Wants them punted in January, says there a shambles at the moment :) Must also say that when they signed Dembele after a few weeks he compared him to Carlton Cole before he hit his purple patch.

I've read all this on here before when it comes to mhanks and their valuations, Wanyama was over rated and would go for 3 or 4 million, Forster hadn't been tested, no club is going to pay big money for him, exact same story with Van Dijk, they all went for millions, double figure millions in the process.

Dembele scoring in the Champions League and scoring a hat trick for France U21s gets him noticed much more than goals in our league.

He will be transferred and as I mentioned earlier, it will be for a record fee, i would hazard a guess at somewhere between 16-20 million.

They've peaked, thats clear to see now.

They can probably afford to get by this season with the other froggy and man of many children as the strikers til the end of the season given the points advantage. They'll punt Dembele in January

I don’t think there’s any great rush for them to punt him in January given the CL money is in the bank and they’re still in the Europa League, but in general terms Lawwell isn’t paying Rodgers £2.5m a year (or whatever it is that he’s on) just to win domestic baubles.

Just one win in twelve CL group matches is a record directly comparable to Smith’s two mid ‘90s forays when the media pilloried him for our performances.

They may be trying their damnedest to paint that particular turd for Rodgers and the Yahoos at the minute, but another year of failure and the Fat Japanese is going to be asking why he’s not getting more bang for his buck.

I've read all this on here before when it comes to mhanks and their valuations, Wanyama was over rated and would go for 3 or 4 million, Forster hadn't been tested, no club is going to pay big money for him, exact same story with Van Dijk, they all went for millions, double figure millions in the process.

Dembele scoring in the Champions League and scoring a hat trick for France U21s gets him noticed much more than goals in our league.

He will be transferred and as I mentioned earlier, it will be for a record fee, i would hazard a guess at somewhere between 16-20 million.

Nonsense.

Teams will have a look at him and realise he spends the majority of his time sidelined through injury.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I can see a bit of a mini crisis happening at the paedo dome soon, especially if they lose a game. I think Hibs will beat them at the weekend and all of a sudden Rodgers will feel a bit of pressure for first time.

A few Celtic fans in work have been slating Sinclair this season, they've slaughtered Roberts since he was on the bench most of the time and he's on £40-45k a week!

I can't imagine Griffiths wanting to warm the bench the full season either. That young lad on loan from PSG got on before him the other night and his face was tripping him.

Nonsense.

Teams will have a look at him and realise he spends the majority of his time sidelined through injury.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I can see a bit of a mini crisis happening at the paedo dome soon, especially if they lose a game. I think Hibs will beat them at the weekend and all of a sudden Rodgers will feel a bit of pressure for first time.

A few Celtic fans in work have been slating Sinclair this season, they've slaughtered Roberts since he was on the bench most of the time and he's on £40-45k a week!

I can't imagine Griffiths wanting to warm the bench the full season either. That young lad on loan from PSG got on before him the other night and his face was tripping him.

Dembele will be transferred for a record fee, it will happen.

As for a mini crisis, I hope you are right but they are 67 games unbeaten domestically, they are absolutely strolling it. A crisis is a long way off.

As for Hibs beating them this weekend? No chance.

Wasn’t going to cost an English team “peanuts” though.
Septic only got him on the cheap because Dembele left English football.

In all fairness, it was rumored to be a £6m move to spurs, which in EPL terms is the equivalent of the £750k we spent on Candeias.

Did he get injured again during the CL game, hopefully not trivial. He seems to injury prone for a highly tuned superstar 40m player.

Stephen McGowan is pushing the “Brighton considering a 20 million bid” line in the Daily Mail.
Obviously looking to punt him as his stock continues to fall. A few months ago it was 40 million
to a “champions league” team. Liewell propaganda anyone ?

Stephen McGowan you say? Laughs.

Thumb heid has something like 3 goals in last 3 months and piss poor scoring record in league this season. Would rather they started him against him at end of month

Southampton will buy him for an undisclosed fee thought to be in the region of £25m.

Reality will be an undisclosed fee in the region of £5m.

A random EPL outfit would easily spend 10-15m on him in the hope that he scores a handful of goals a season.

He's a decent prospect as a striker, no more, no less.

The way he was billed you would think he was the best ever CF to grace the SPL.

He was excellent last season and scored a hattrick against City in the Champions League, would be better if he left as doubt they could replace him with as good a player

Teams like Everton, Newcastle and West Brom would all be improved by signing him imo

The over inflated valuations of their players is in a bit of freefall just now. After the PSG horsing and even the cup final against Motherwell, the values of their superstars went backwards.

I actually think Hibs will win on Sunday................

I hope your right with that last part, i think after 1 team beats them there will be a couple to follow as they have yet to experience any real pressure. Hopefully when/if mcinnes comes in we put a string of results together under him and could still be something to salvage from what has been a hectic season.

Back