Alfies yellow card.

It’s always someone’s else’s fault when it comes to Morelos for some. It’s beyond a joke now.

He has a problem with his discipline and the people who refuse to accept that are part of the problem.

Was it harsh? Yeah, probably. Did he have to turn round and shout at the ref after giving away the free kick? No.

He didn’t have to gesture to the Motherwell fans, he didn’t have to dive against Celtic, he didn’t have to give the ref a mouthful last night but he did and he’s paid the consequences for each one. Maybe one day he’ll grow up and realise we need him on the park rather than in the stands.

It’s always someone’s else’s fault when it comes to Morelos for some. It’s beyond a joke now.

He has a problem with his discipline and the people who refuse to accept that are part of the problem.

Was it harsh? Yeah, probably. Did he have to turn round and shout at the ref after giving away the free kick? No.

He didn’t have to gesture to the Motherwell fans, he didn’t have to dive against Celtic, he didn’t have to give the ref a mouthful last night but he did and he’s paid the consequences for each one. Maybe one day he’ll grow up and realise we need him on the park rather than in the stands.

It's frustrating, but I'd cut him some slack here.
He's a passionate guy who's heart is in the right place. The Motherwell sending off was an absolute joke from a cheating ref. Likewise at the shit-pit.
He has gone down a bit too easily, but on most occasions he's getting contact and the culture he's from is one to seek the free kick.
He'll learn, and he will just need to button it, as these self important officials obviously cannot handle his aggression and scowl.
Alfie's the main reason we have a chance to go into the last 16 draw. This season has a bit to go yet, let's all get behind the wee man, hope he gives us another year.

Wasn't this ref the same one who booked a player then immediately gave him a second yellow when he reacted in much the same way as Alfie did.

K
He was booked for saying “no foul”

Many players tonight, including Rangers players screamed at the ref shouting a lot more.
Some of the comments against Alfie in the match thread we’re quite bewildering.
Alex Rae was slating him as well
Fans have short memories.

Let’s support him on this one
Katic scream when he went on a charge and the winger dived to get the foul was 100 times worse. The thing i thought was with Morelos is that he maybe swore at the ref in Spanish?

It's frustrating, but I'd cut him some slack here.
He's a passionate guy who's heart is in the right place. The Motherwell sending off was an absolute joke from a cheating ref. Likewise at the shit-pit.
He has gone down a bit too easily, but on most occasions he's getting contact and the culture he's from is one to seek the free kick.
He'll learn, and he will just need to button it, as these self important officials obviously cannot handle his aggression and scowl.
Alfie's the main reason we have a chance to go into the last 16 draw. This season has a bit to go yet, let's all get behind the wee man, hope he gives us another year.

No. I’m not cutting him any slack and neither should you. He should know better by now, simple as that.

He’s too important to us to continually miss games. It’s getting beyond a joke now.

No offence but you need to take the blue tinted specs off for a minute, he was screaming at the ref, yellow was his own fault.
Have a word with yourself. Numerous players shouting towards the referee. Every game would have 15 yellows if letting out frustration is a booking. Ridiculous he got booked

His reaction was plain fcking stupid,he knows he will get booked for that.Great wee player but thick as fck

So what do we want? The emotion to be sucked right out of his game? That's what makes him the player he is.

There are a some things he needs to eradicate from his game but showing a bit of emotion about a non-foul is not one of them.

It was a poor decision by the referee and could be costly.

Alfie had the beating of the defence tonight and made some great runs. Of the three clear cut chances he had he hit the target twice. It was great goalkeeping that stopped him from scoring not bad play by him.

I sometimes wonder if all the people slating him are actually watching the game.
This is correct and now we dont have him for next week thanks to a stupid booking. He never learns.

I've not seen a Rangers player more loved by the support than Morelos is over the past 10 years. Folk on here need to put in context daft comments on a forum vs the reality.

That said, it *is* infuriating to see him constantly get bookings and miss games for daft things. I don't think I've ever seen him pick up a booking for a tackle. It is always dissent or diving or off the ball things. That is terribly frustrating.

Did I miss something with all this diving talk? I didn’t see one dive.

There was one or two occasions where you could say he was looking for the fouls, but definitely not a dive the way some are saying.

There was also one at their corner flag where he got clattered a yard away from the linesman and didn't get a free kick. No wonder he gets frustrated.

Time some bears woke up to the fact he has been our best, will remain our best, and was, alongside Hagi, our best tonight. Thought all the "get rid" if we are offered a few million shit was behind us, but apparently the forum is still infested.
The same people castigating him in the match thread will not be posting today because they only post when we have a bad day at the office. Which last night we didn’t.

It’s yet another needless suspension. Was it a deserved yellow? Debatable but he gave the ref the chance which he does too often.

Don’t get this feeling sorry for him. He has to learn. Loads of times last night he went down needlessly ref doesn’t buy it. He is shite at diving. He needs to stay on his feet shut up and play football. When he does he is brilliant. Now he is missing in our biggest game of the season. Again.

Said it on another thread even European referees are starting to easily target his temperament.

Thought the referee was largely poor another common theme in our European campaign this season.

It's almost as if they pick which side they will favour before a ball is kicked.

So what do we want? The emotion to be sucked right out of his game? That's what makes him the player he is.

There are a some things he needs to eradicate from his game but showing a bit of emotion about a non-foul is not one of them.

It was a poor decision by the referee and could be costly.
I knew when he threw his hand up he was getting booked its fcking brain dead and indefensible ffs,hes now not avalible for 2nd leg,yes hes a great wee player but no fcking good to us if he continues to be unavailable due to absolute stupidity

Was also listening to English radio station this morning are girl reading results made comment that morelos got booked and misses next game,then went on to say he always gets booked,that's how hes perceived even outside Scotland,not f king good enough

Alfies negative rep is going before him now.
I think that’s correct - which doesn’t make it right or fair but he has to take some of the responsibility for that - was the yellow definitely for dissent because I thought the ref was reaching for his pocket before that? Only seen the incident once at the game so wasn’t sure.

Soon as he done it I knew he was getting a yellow.

Guaranteed booking when you throw your hand around like that at the direction of a ref/linesman.

He should know better.

Morelos is stupid at times but I thought it was harsh.

Sure he was waving his arm around a bit but he wasn't in the referees face & wasn't running 20 yards to remonstrate with him.

Time some bears woke up to the fact he has been our best, will remain our best, and was, alongside Hagi, our best tonight. Thought all the "get rid" if we are offered a few million shit was behind us, but apparently the forum is still infested.
I just watched the game again on BT and the amount of work Alfie puts into a game is unreal ,at times last night he was taking on their defence himself and I think that he will be sorely missed in the return

The referee might have been a tad more lenient, but no one can say they haven't seen this type of gesture carded before in Europe.
One point to consider, Alfie was given the exact same punishment on the night as the Braga player who studded a player in the kidneys and basically kicked the victim off the park and out of action for at least a week.
Crime and punishment eh?

Mjallby at half time gave him more sympathy for the booking than half the folk on here.

How many times do you see players do that and the ref run over to them and tell them any more of that and your in the book?

The referee might have been a tad more lenient, but no one can say they haven't seen this type of gesture carded before in Europe.
One point to consider, Alfie was given the exact same punishment on the night as the Braga player who studded a player in the kidneys and basically kicked the victim off the park and out of action for at least a week.
Crime and punishment eh?

That was surely an open and shut case for VAR. It was a red every day of the week.

Was a soft yellow but he never learns. About 3 times he went down in the second half with little or no contact and a different ref could easily have gave him a second booking.
There’s a difference between little or no contact.
Which one was it?

Crimes and punishment eh?
Ridiculous booking this will be him missing another important game for us, yet we keep improving his contract we must be mugs.
Yet, there wouldn't have been 'a last night' without his earlier contributions in the competition, indeed there wouldn't be a chance in Braga next week without Alfie's overall contribution last night, which even if poor by his own standards was nonetheless a major factor in how we were always able to take the game to Braga and keep the match alive.

A new contract, too damn right!

I just watched the game again on BT and the amount of work Alfie puts into a game is unreal ,at times last night he was taking on their defence himself and I think that he will be sorely missed in the return
Absolutely correct. The Cabal of Tims and idiots intent on talking him down base their remarks solely on the 'sitters' he allegedly missed. They should go look at his part in the build up to those chances. Without him the chances would not have been created. As for 'sitters' the one generating most reaction would be the 2nd half effort from inside the six yard box. For me the keeper got incredibly lucky, but guess who wins the ball out wide, near the touch line, to set up the cross he almost scored from just seconds later?

He like others were frustrated, he flung his arms out in frustration

It happens, we move on, People seem to be itching to have a go at just now including them that should know better and should be right behind him.

Your never going to get away with yelling at the ref like that unfortunately how many times must he be told about controlling the aggression?

Harsh or not, he has been booked for it before and knew he was a booking away from missing the second leg. It is never going to gain him anything and now we are missing one of our best players.

It is another in a list of completely stupid and avoidable suspensions he has had. He needs to use his brain more.

It was soft but he needs to stop putting himself in these positions and asking the question of referees. Stupid mistake when hes a booking away from a suspension.

Crimes and punishment eh?

Yet, there wouldn't have been 'a last night' without his earlier contributions in the competition, indeed there wouldn't be a chance in Braga next week without Alfie's overall contribution last night, which even if poor by his own standards was nonetheless a major factor in how we were always able to take the game to Braga and keep the match alive.

A new contract, too damn right!

So you want him to sit out then and continues missing big games as he scored in earlier rounds, makes no sense at all surely that's why you want him to behave himself so he can be part of the big games.

We see supporters making too many excuses for him now.

Can always depend on you. Half your posts must be criticisms of Morelos which makes you look like someone that doesn't know too much about football.

Back