Morelos was brilliant tonight

Not appreciated how much when we are under pressure he holds it up and takes the pressure off, thought him n arfield n Goldson were the only ones who cared until 60 mins

Morelos is fast becoming he who shall not be criticised for if you do yer a Tim. Well I'm sorry but he's been on the slippery slope downwards since early December and I don't know how it happened or how to rectify it but it needs to happen soon for our sake and his. We need him firing on all cylinders not only to help the team but to drive up that price on his head.

Really? “Punt him for £2m”, “he can %^*& himself after that red card”, “get Cumdog in instead”. Then there’s the pre-season poll where about 80% wanted Defoe to be our first choice striker

Aye he’s really above criticism mate isn’t he, if you want you can scroll up the page and open a match thread saturated with abuse for Morelos.

He really needs to stop the petulance. That's him missed games for diving, a get it up you gesture and now for dissent. It'll be stuff like this that stops us from getting too dollar not to mention the impact it has on the team.

Really? “Punt him for £2m”, “he can %^*& himself after that red card”, “get Cumdog in instead”. Then there’s the pre-season poll where about 80% wanted Defoe to be our first choice striker

Aye he’s really above criticism mate isn’t he, if you want you can scroll up the page and open a match thread saturated with abuse for Morelos.
Lafferty ahead of him was the best out the lot “better finisher”

Lafferty ahead of him was the best out the lot “better finisher”

Yeah forgot about that one. “He’ll score more than Morelos because look at how many he’s got for Hearts”. There’s been countless amounts of shite written about him on here and if the match thread is any indication, some have been itching to get another opportunity to go after him.

He’s playing like shite, but we should try and support him through it, particularly given that he kept us borderline respectable last season and we’d be NOWHERE NEAR the last 16 without him. He’s the single biggest factor we even had a game tonight, and it’s not even close. Spoiled wee weans would do well to remember that.

Missed several good chances.
Overhit most passes.
Got booked for a foul and petulance again and now missing for yet another game.
Referee sussed his diving from the start. When we needed him to take the pressure off he'd prefer to dive instead.

He has his critics but it's dwarfed by those that can't be objective about him. He's rightly lauded when he's dragging defenders all over the place, turning them, scoring - he shouldn't be immune from the alternative

I think we'll notice how much he brings to the team when he's absent next week.

However, he doesn't look sharp/fit, squandered good opportunities and was snatching at things in the box. I wouldn't be surprised if the press coverage has got to him, despite what he says.

It's the reason the Club should have been even more forceful in their defence of him.

I don't think he deserved to be booked but that's not what I want this thread to be about. But of course we will miss him next week.

Yes, he didn't score tonight and he had a few chances, but on other nights those will go in. He's back on form for me.

That aside, he bossed their back line, took up great positions, pulled them all over the place and put in a great shift.

Agree? Disagree?
He worked hard and didn’t okay - cheap and avoidable yellow - he wasn’t brilliant and he should have scored - performance helped the team but let’s not get carried away he played within himself.

He was terrible for an hour then was excellent for the last half hour. I think the changes and putting players who actually looked like footballers beside him (as opposed to cut back Kent and Kamara) allowed him to flourish.

Thought he worked hard but overall poor performance - bad miss, he scores that and I suspect this thread doesn’t exist.

Very luck not to get second yellow in latter half of second half for throwing himself down too easy. One in particular was a dive to win a free kick to gain time.

Will we have Defoe back on the bench for next week?
He’s back in full training he could do a turn for us for 10 minutes

The OP is a mile out. Some mental gymnastics going on here.

I made the exact same thread after the 2-1 win at Parkhead in December. He WAS brilliant that day. He ran; harried; and led the line brilliantly. The only blot on his performance was the dive.

Last night was not "brilliant" by any stretch. He was labouring for the most part and his finishing and decision making was poor.

The petulance and diving has worn thin, yes his confidence has completely gone but reacting the way he does doesn’t do anyone any favours.

Personally, I’d take him out the St Johnstone game and he’s missing Braga anyway.

He deserved his booking for his childish tantrum after the foul.

The OP is a mile out. Some mental gymnastics going on here.

I made the exact same thread after the 2-1 win at Parkhead in December. He WAS brilliant that day. He ran; harried; and led the line brilliantly. The only blot on his performance was the dive.

Last night was not "brilliant" by any stretch. He was labouring for the most part and his finishing and decision making was poor.

Completely agree, he’s putting on the effort but looks unfit at the moment

Don't know if it's the pitch but he looked a yard slower.

Should have found Kent, should have scored and even when he lost possession, at times just gave up.

Needs a goal and needs to find a bit of form.

Morelos has been absolutely brilliant for us this season and he’s a fantastic player for us in general but this thread is a perfect example of the contingent of fans who won’t see or hear a bad word about the guy.

He was far from brilliant tonight and quite frankly anyone who thinks he was anything close to brilliant really needs an education.

He didn’t score, he didn’t contribute to any of our goals and he managed to get himself suspended for a crucial away tie.

His ugly disciplinary record from last season has reared its ugly head again and it’s very likely to cost us in big games this season.

It’s ok to be constructive about the guy, no-one will think different of you but FFS let’s stop with this blind loyalty so many seem to have with him at times.

He wasn’t the only big player not to perform last night.

Have the Borna critics got fed-up and moved to this thread? Some amount of idiots in here tonight. He played on the shoulder of their last man and gave the Braga defence their toughest moments even when they were generally bossing the game. Set Kent up for a tap in and was unlucky with his own big chance (their keeper got lucky). He was without doubt one of our best players yet again. Some just can't wait to come out with the 'never going to get more than X million' pish though. They know nothing about football but since many of them will be tims that isn't surprising.

Needs a couple of goals, but even though the finishing wasn’t going his way he didn’t hide and put in a hell of a shift. Folk giving him grief either watched it on telly and therefore can’t see all the work he does off the ball / or know %^*& all about football.

He's not quite back to the level we've seen him performing at and I don't think he was great last night. The Morelos pre Christmas would have buried his two chances though.

I’ll tell you something else I didn’t like last night. .

Couple of times he got his feet tangled up and lost possession. Pre-new year he’d be on to that and getting after the ball to get it back. Last night he looked as if he wasn’t arsed.

Believe me, I’m a big Alfie fan but what he’s churning out just now is poor. Sooner he sorts out his form the better.

What a tactical insight that is. Give an off form player "a boot in the balls"
Have you ever considered a career in football management?

Aye, because I am really suggesting that Stevie Gerrard actually kicks him square in the nuts.

The 50 or so folk who agreed with me have understood that but just for you, I’ll make it clear.

I was speaking metaphorically.

Don’t consider a career in anything that requires basic comprehension of text.

Surprised at some of the opinions on here. I thought he had a decent game and led the line well.
All strikers go through patches like this. Personally I'm not worried

I thought the only thing missing from him
Last night was a goal.he caused the Braga defense a lot of problems last nigh with his movement and the timing of his runs were spot on

Alfie’s performance kind of mirrored that of the team last night, shocking and all over the shop for 70 mins...Then more like their Europa league selves last 20.

Alfie’s decision making is not as instinctive and therefore assured at the moment, he’s not trusting his natural ability and overthinking one on one situations. Further he has developed this really annoying habit of shooting when there is absolutely no shot on and in the process killing moves where team mates are better placed.

I thought the booking was ultra harsh given the catalogue of professional tugs and trips the referee let Braga away with. And where do you start with assault on Borna? Alfie’s card seems to be marked across European competition much in the same way as it is in Scotland.

He wasn’t brilliant, far from it to be honest, he put in a real shift and got into some great positions, but our main striker has to bury those chances he had, and his idiotic booking has cost us once again.

He was hard working, clever, and a threat all night

He's missing a tiny beat in regard to his touch, confidence and decision making.....

I noticed a Braga player berate the ref for not getting a foul.....similar to how Alfie berated him for giving one....he continues to get reffed to a different standard....
Not being funny, but he has that type of face and scowl that refs look at and think “feck you you’re not speaking to me like that “ others will get away with it, but not him.

I don't think he deserved to be booked but that's not what I want this thread to be about. But of course we will miss him next week.

Yes, he didn't score tonight and he had a few chances, but on other nights those will go in. He's back on form for me.

That aside, he bossed their back line, took up great positions, pulled them all over the place and put in a great shift.

Agree? Disagree?
Hardly brilliant, but he caused them problems all night. Lacking that bit of composure in front of goal.
His booking was extremely harsh.

He's reverted to smashing everything right at the keeper or missing open goals. Has a spell like this every season

He is below average at the moment should have scored at least one out of 3 golden chances.
But he will still be a big miss in the away game.

It was a typical Morelos performance.

Worked his socks off, ran there back line ragged and was unlucky not to score but ....

Even European referees are getting wise to his temperament yes he was booked for dissent but at the same time i thought the referee let a lot of challenge go especially in the second half on him.

Just his finishing letting him down at the moment, a very important player for us and another influential game.

second half he was a great, should have scored the 3rd one however he is basically standing on the goalie so it's not as bad as some people think in my op first chance he scores if he's fitter and gets away before the defender blocks it (going into the corner also before the defender gets his foot to it). Second one confident alfie strikes early on his left. The amount of times we fail to capitalise when hes on on the wing and kent is free in the box or vice versa is concerning though

Agree? Disagree?
I thought he had a good game apart from his finishing worked hard for the whole game.

Some fans, as is their prerogative, have a complete blind side to Morelos.

He has been utterly ineffectual this year. He has helped himself to a sabbatical at the crucial time of our season.

His work rate, finishing, fitness and attitude remain honking. Too many people falling over themselves to make external excuses on his behalf. Yet another booking for petulance, yet another sitter missed, another game suspended, another week overweight.

He’s at it.

Back