Aribo’s Goal!

Had one lucky bobble of the ball but apart from that it was a dozen or so touches of pure brilliance. Has to rank up there with the great European goals (as should wee Hagi's first)

His close control is top class.Yes he's inconsistent and can be bullied out of a game at times (actually think he's improved that side of his game) but the boy is a serious talent.

That's what I love about him and just wish he could show that quality every week. His talent and quality is second to none if he could just tap into that zone he would be unplayable.

His close control, ability to beat a man and dribble are excellent, but what I love is how awkward it all looks, just makes it even better!

I have never grown to like Aribo, I appreciate he has great close control and is very technically gifted but I feel he is really ineffective most of the time. BUT watching Gerrard rave about him after the game I think he said “ I’ll have a bit of Aribo wherever I go” made me remember I know %^*& all. So if he Is good enough for Stevie G he must be doing something right.

He won the ball well to start with. I saw the fucker moaning at the referee that it was a foul but as bad as the referee was last night, he waved them away.

I should add that all that was seen on the replay. For the goal itself I went nuclear!

4 fantastic goals last night, a proper football match - it’s games like this that make sitting through the SPL 9 man defence/hatchet men/time wasting drudgery worthwhile.

If you can listen to the RTV commentary then do so, Tom Miller going bonkers! Beats Rob MacLean’s snoozefest commentary.

It was pure class.. if that was in SPL tho he would have been pushed off the ball or crunched and we’d have got hee haw from the ref

The determination he showed when fighting his way through on goal was absolutely fan fkn tastic.

Aribo is till finding his feet with us. This season has been a huge step up for him and he is growing in confidence all the time. That goal was a clear demonstration of his improving confidence. I expect he will only get better. Next season he will be a solid team selection. Big games need big players, he looks like he has that.

Reactions: TQ3
Thought Aribo played well when he came on, his dancing through the defence for the goal was sublime.

The most important touch of the whole goal was the second last one. The little touch to the left so he can then pass it into the bottom corner.

Quality footballer and like the manager said next week we need to go on the journey with him as he is going to be a superb footballer.

I can't get over his fcking go-go-gadget legs. The number of times he is chasing a 40-60 ball and just extends a foot to get a deft touch and take it away from the opponent when it looks like he has no right to get it is unbelievable.

Used to play 5's with a boy like this and he was fkn torture to play against. Honestly the most difficult type of opponent to mark is somebody lanky with good control. If Aribo can learn how to hold defenders off better ( although he done not too bad last night) when he goes on runs like that it can open so much space for others. Every time I watch him I think there is so much more in that locker of his he's not using. There's a massive talent there, he's a weapon of a player absolutely no doubt about it but our management team need to find a way to get the best from him a lot more consistently.

Loved his determination to win the ball at the start of his move

Agree totally. When the initial high ball comes down, he traps it, digs it out the tackle, gets the ball away with a real stretch, gets it back again and sets off on his run. Perfect combination of grit and skill for that goal.

Gerrard's comments after the game were interesting. Saying he needs the fans to go with him on Aribo and he'll be a superstar.

He certainly has the talent.

Genuinely think that was world class. If Messi or Ronaldo do that it would be talked about all over the world. One of the best goals scored anywhere this year.

Back