Possibility of Scum in last 16

IndianaRanger

As both clubs are in with a shout of qualifying for the last 16 it got me wondering; have we ever been close to drawing the scum in Europe before?
I remember my Old man mentioning it before...not sure if he was right or not.

As both clubs are in with a shout of qualifying for the last 16 it got me wondering; have we ever been close to drawing the scum in Europe before?
Hope not the smelly tramps will get more seats
Hope not will the smelly tramps want more seats

By it being a possibility instead of being impossible due to the draw regulations.

I get what you mean, but you also know what the OP was saying.
I think Braga met Portuguese opposition on the way to meeting further Portuguese opposition in the final of this tournament a decade ago.
Quite unusual for one of the smaller nations surely?

Would be amazing and something I dont think most of us would see in our lifetime.

The atmosphere would be electric.

Agree. It's never happened in 60 odd years of European football and probably wouldn't for another 60.

It would be a remarkable thing to live through, though conversely one which the losers would never be able to forget.

"Disclaimer: We need to get past Braga first."

It’s going to be very tough over there. We might have to play ten men behind the ball virtually all game. Credit to the gaffer, Aribo appeared as Braga were tiring and for me ( and reminding subs ) turned the game at the right time

Reactions: o7o
Correct .

We are all buzzing from that comeback last night and rightly so , but without alfie in Braga against that level of opposition we probably have no more than a 10% chance of going through . Braga could win the tournament IMO
My old man said this as well. More than capabale if beating anyone in the competition

If we got them in the last 16, would we play them 3 times in a week?
I’d take them in a heartbeat as they are rotten against VAR.

Correct .

We are all buzzing from that comeback last night and rightly so , but without alfie in Braga against that level of opposition we probably have no more than a 10% chance of going through . Braga could win the tournament IMO
They ain’t winning the europa league with that defence, they were absolutely chronic defensively. Fantastic going forward though.

The hype would be unprecedented, the clubs could and probably would charge what they wanted, 110,000 tickets, cheapest brief at 60 quid, there would be really good money to be made.

It would be utter bedlam, can you imagine the scenes if/when we knocked them out.

Reactions: VGM
The officials last night missed it. It was given by VAR..
Did they? FS.

I skipped through the highlights, watched the Copenhagen goal and then seen the slow motion of the handball. I assumed it had been given and then VAR just confirmed.

Did they? FS.

I skipped through the highlights, watched the Copenhagen goal and then seen the slow motion of the handball. I assumed it had been given and then VAR just confirmed.
I think the Ref gave a corner but got a shout from the VAR so he held the corner up until VAR told him to look at the incident..

Back